|1) All data is for reference only.
No guarantee of actual performance of any engine/camshaft combination can be made. No
recommendations for camshaft manufacturer or camshaft part numbers are intended or
implied. Use information at your own discretion and risk.
2) Camshaft data are believed to be
accurate, but check with camshaft manufacturer for actual up to date data. Some camshafts
may no longer be available from the manufacturer.
3) All output was obtained using
DynoSim Advanced Engine Simulation program version 4.1.
4) The values for HP and Torque vs.
RPM are for reference only. Many assumptions are made by the program designers for all
input parameters so the actual HP and Torque values may differ from those achieved in
5) The output is useful for
determining the effect of changing camshaft parameters and keeping all other parameters
constant. Changes in curve SHAPE will predict performance changes in combination.
6) To utilize curves for comparison
purposes of different camshaft configurations, print out the last page for each desired
camshaft combo on translucent paper and place one over the other.
7) Most curves utilize the
- a. Head Flow data for stock Boss 302
head as listed on Boss 302 Forum Board at 28" H20 (water) depression
- b. Stock Valve Sizing
- c. Small tube headers with mufflers
- d. a 750 cfm carb.
- e. Dual Plane Manifold, High Flow
- f. 10:1
8) Notes on camshaft specifications
- a. Gross lift was obtained by
multiplying lobe lift by 1.73. Lash was not deducted so lift is Theoretical lift.
- b. Most curves used Advertised
Duration. Some cams used lift at 0.050" where advertised duration was not available.
File reflects which was used.
- c. Intake centerlines were assumed
for cases where actual values not available.
9) Engine parameters were chosen
for an engine Ron was interested in building at the time he generated the data.
Compression ratio change to 10.5:1 yields same shape curves with slightly higher gross
numbers for torque and hp. A 780 cfm carb. only increased the hp ratings slightly
10) Camshaft manufacturer and
camshaft number are listed in the TITLE of the file.