Author Topic: ORIGINAL ALUMINUM HURST T HANDLE TUTORIAL REFERENCE  (Read 18169 times)

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
Re: ORIGINAL ALUMINUM HURST T HANDLE TUTORIAL REFERENCE
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 08:29:39 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to do this tutorial.  I was able to verify the one that is on my 1970 Boss 302 is the real deal.

Offline b.guggenmos

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 09:04:39 pm »
Another Thank You for a very good article. As others said I will also be looking at mine this weekend. Brian
1965 Comet Cyclone 351C, Jerico, 10.94@125
1965 Comet Cyclone all original 4 speed
1970 Boss 302 W Code
1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe "Real"

Offline russellsam

• No Life
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 01:51:21 am »
It truly is amazing to compare the original and repro parts side by side.
A buddy and i have been doing this or many years and have learnt so much.
There is just so many of them.
Great post
thanks
To many cars
But i love it and why not

Offline bossduke

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 09:00:35 am »
Were the T handles sold as after market by Hurst back in that day just like the '70 handles they provided Ford?

Were the shifters the same Competition Plus of that day, but with Ford rods?

Thanks for the great info. I still have my original '69 Ford shifter put away, but when I saw the '70 set up and had missed a couple of shifts with the original shifter, I upgraded to the Hurst after market parts in 1970. Never been sorry for that. Maybe when Parnelli broke his Ford shifter twice in 1969 Trans Am races (costing them the championship), Ford figured out they had a problem! Fulmer never broke his 'cause he used a Hurst both seasons. Just took Parnelli a couple of DNF's to get clued in. LOL

Mike

Offline McKeever

• Needs A Job
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 05:16:09 pm »
The aftermarket Hurst shifters are completly different (read that as far superior) than the factory Ford units.

One of the main differences is the shifter body, the aftermarket has an adjustable stop bolt for each "throw", add to that the threaded rods and the aftermarket is a much more precise unit.
Shifting between the 2 is a day and night difference.
Owned my BOSS since March 1974.
0F02G154740 Dearborn 1-16-70
Muzzle Installed
Honesty is doing the right thing with a witness.
Integrity is doing the right thing without one

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 10:39:13 pm »
The aftermarket Hurst shifters are completly different (read that as far superior) than the factory Ford units.

One of the main differences is the shifter body, the aftermarket has an adjustable stop bolt for each "throw", add to that the threaded rods and the aftermarket is a much more precise unit.
Shifting between the 2 is a day and night difference.

I have the original FoMoCo Hurst shifter for the 1970 Boss 302and have an aftermarket Hurst shifter for the 1969. Unlike Parnelli I was not stuck on the factory unit for 1969. But he was far greater than I could ever imagine being as far as driving skills. PJ is the man.