Author Topic: CRAZY story.  (Read 1606 times)

Offline EricDickerson

• Restricted
  • No Life
  • R.I.P. 11/28/2016
CRAZY story.
« on: March 20, 2012, 02:16:10 pm »
Someone posted this on another forum.

An Ex-Navy man goes into a dealership with a gun, demanding the keys to a Brand New 2012 Boss 302 (in there show room). Then takes it on a high speed run, with a not so good ending to the story.....

On another forum, one of the dealerships saleman said that the Ex-Navy guy had been coming in for the past week, trying to purchase the new Boss 302 - with no luck. The things some people will do, for something so materialistic amazes me. :-\

Full Story here. 

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-03-13/story/ex-navy-man-kills-himself-after-taking-mustang-waycross-dealership-wild
The cars are great, but the people are even better

Offline JRGBOSS

• No Life
Re: CRAZY story.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 03:22:09 pm »
The moral of the story; allow road tests on Boss 302s or face the consequences. :)
Purchased in March 1976 and driven daily until 1981.

Offline BOSSJIM

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 03:27:43 pm »
Article said he was actually a Marine.

RIP soldier.

Offline RadBOSS

• True BOSS 302 Exhange Enthusiast
  • A/S Solo I RIR Turn 6, 1973-4
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 09:51:26 pm »
Article said he was actually a Marine.

RIP soldier.

Very sad situation for a young man that served.

1929 Model A Roadster
1969 BOSS - original owner
1987 Merkur Xr4Ti (with Sierra Cosworth body kit)
2005 Jeep LJ
2012 GMC Yukon XL
2016 Shelby GT350R

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. " - Will Rogers

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right." - Henry Ford

"Anything worth doing, is worth doing right." - Unknown

Offline Fairlane514

• PT Group
  • No Life
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 05:41:17 am »
If anything he brought shame to his military brothers. If he was truly a "military man" and believed in what he was taught he would have respected other people's property and not put innocent peoples lives at risk by his foolish actions.

Its another case of "those crazy ex-military" people we have to be wary of according to Janet Napalitano. 

I don't feel sorry for him, he made those bad choices even though he knew better. He was weak in his convictions, not strong, and I detest that kind of behavior.

There are so many examples of great military men and women out there, and he was not one of them. Case in point every recipient of the Medal Of Honor.

63 Fairlane big block
76 Bronco 347 3 speed
70 Boss 302
65 GTO tripower/4 speed

Offline T-Boss302

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 10:14:39 am »
Well, goes to show you just how important this type of vehicle is to car enthusiasts. I'm not all supporting what this man did, but I would imagine that he only wanted to live for that one moment - the speed, the chase, the freedom. Imagine the adrenaline rush he got by flying down the highway in a 302 Boss at 130 MPH; running from the cops. There was no way the police officers were going to be able to stop him at the rate he was going.

It seemed that this man had everything in mind when he set off to the Ford dealer that day. He knew he wasn't coming out of it alive, and he knew that it was going to mean the end of his life. Yes, he endangered several lives in the process - but in his diluted mind, it was well worth it. Imagine the frustration this man felt; probably never made a good salary - living a life dreaming of fast American Muscle Heritage. I'm in a position where I can purchase a brand new 302 Boss - but the three month wait for the car is almost unbearable. From his perspective, he would never own that car - no matter how hard he worked. In his perspective, the man was holding him down, and his dream was just that; a dream.

As a Navy man myself, I agree that this man did shame his fellow countrymen. I agree, that there were probably other avenues for him to work off his frustration. But in this man's mind, he didn't have these opportunities.

All seriousness aside, that dude lived his dream. I hope the car is okay, as I am sure that someone else would like to live that dream as well.

Offline EricDickerson

• Restricted
  • No Life
  • R.I.P. 11/28/2016
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 01:38:59 pm »
Well said. On a sidenote, for once someone went on a high speed car chase with a REAL car. I always laugh, when I see the usual stolen Mini-van's people use to run from the police.
The cars are great, but the people are even better