Author Topic: 70 B2 dizzy on e-bay  (Read 10003 times)

Offline CaBossFan

• Needs A Job
Re: 70 B2 dizzy on e-bay
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 02:34:11 pm »
timsa49erfan - According to the photos in the 1970 Ford Shop Manual, the primary wire is close to the vacuum diaphragm on both the single and dual point distributors.  Only two distributors are listed for the 302 engine in 1970, D00F-A and C9ZF-E.  I tried to find out what part number is casted on the distributor shaft on the D00F-A distributor, but I couldn't find a source.  I doubt if the part number on the D00F-A distributor shaft is C80F-12131-A or else it would be a lot easier for someone to make copies of Boss 302 distributors. 

Offline Bossssssss

• No Life
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 06:23:54 pm »
It's pretty obious to me (at least) that the distributors with the hole being far away is wrong. How do I know? Because, if it were correct, the 'Masterpiece' that Tim had in his hands would not have had its hole filled by 'JB Weld' (or whatever it was that the scammer used) and painted the distributor silver. Not to mention I have been into these cars since 1983 and never seen one otherwise - although in those early years I never specifically looked at the wire location.

I am quite sure the scammer(s) are reading this thread (and all the other threads regarding B2 distributors).

What they do is adapt and change (like a bad flu tries to do when treated by antibiotics). At first, they fooled everyone by a simple B2 imposter. Then after being 'found out' by reading these threads, they stepped up thier game by filling the hole. Now that jig is up thus further limiting their audience to those that do not know they adapated. What next? Maybe they will fill the hole by welding an aluminum plug in there and by grinding and buffing the welds smooth and then sandblasting it to look naturally worn again. I would think they must be doing that same process on the 'stamping of the numbers' game.
Who knows, but I am sure they will adapt. You certainly wont see any of them 'man up' on this forum and admit what they are doing. I am 100% sure that if the distributors they were selling were in fact 'real', they would have been the first ones to come on this forum and prove so. I havent heard a peep from any of them - and it appears we know who two of them are. Anyone? Anyone? Didnt think so.

They clearly know that most people who frequent this site are in the know about thier games and now need to step it up. So what method next? We will have to keep our eyes open to find out. Maybe they will move on to faking some other high cost rare part. I would think that the market for selling fake B2 distributors is waning.

My .02 and I am wearing my flak jacket so fire away.

Offline bossneeds

• Needs A Job
  • Life's too short, enjoy every minute!
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 07:29:10 pm »
There is no need for the flak jacket. The scammers are the ones that need them. They are like drug dealers, scum and there should be a bounty on them. $50 too much? OK, $25 is better. No regard except for their profit at someones expense. They don't deserve any kind words from anyone, period.
1967 Tiger MK1-A
1970 Shelby GT350
2013 BOSS 302 LS #712 GO
2016 Shelby GT350 Magnetic blk stripes
2017 GT350R-Magnetic w/white stripes
Wife still Happy, recovering.
BOSS 302's are like a fabulous WI cheddar. Both get better with age and you buy them for your enjoyment, not as an investment.

Offline timsa49erfan

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2012, 12:33:24 pm »
CaBossfan, I got busy working on my boss getting it ready for the MCA show in Concord this week end and didnt get a chance to research your input, but looking forward to it.  My opinion is that the hole should be close as everyone else says, but again, opinions dont mean a thing, looking for verifiable facts on this subject. 
08 Shelby GT500 Conv
02 F150 Harley Davidson
70 Shelby GT350
70 Boss 302
69 boss 302 sold :-(
70 GT Ranchero 429 SCJ
69 R code Mach 1
67 Shelby clone 427 FE
65 fastback A code

Offline CaBossFan

• Needs A Job
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 12:53:12 pm »
timsa49erfan - I took photos of the 1970 Ford Shop Manual which show the dual point distributor: