Author Topic: Michigan Caravan Update!! (New Thread)  (Read 7892 times)

Offline wild_cars

• Cool Newbie
Michigan Caravan Update!! (New Thread)
« on: May 14, 2005, 09:03:43 am »
Hello All,

I am starting a new thread due to the long length of the original one.

Here is what we have so far. Our first meeting point will at the intersection of 94 and Sprinkle Road in Kalamazoo, Michigan on June 2nd. We will meet at the Perkins restaurant parking lot at (7:00am).
We will depart from there and stop in Marshall, Michigan (exit 104/11 mile road)(7:30am).
We will continue on to Ann Arbor to the 2nd exit south of 94E on 275S at Sibley Road (8:30am/9:00am).  
We will proceed from there to Toledo (275S to 75S) to Maumee, Ohio. We are working out the details on having a short layover at a local Ford Dealership in Maumee.
We will then travel to Pennsylvania via (76E) to Carlise/Mechanicsburg, PA.

Several Caravners have sent me e-mails with connection points and tentative times. Thank you.

Please make sure you e-mail me (willism@ameritech.net) or call me to verify your participation (Most of you have my home, work and cell number). It will be easier for me if you would e-mail me your phone number (preferably your cell number) so I can talk with each of you to discuss the details.

Regards,

Michigan Caravan Coordinator

Offline bardbar

sounds great
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 02:17:27 pm »
I will call you and you can let me know where it would be best to meet you at. We will be flying in to Detroit on June 1st. Our 70 B2 is at Total Performance getting the first of Ford Racings new Tremic 6 speed conversion done to it so we can drive it on the caravan. We're looking forward to meeting everyone from that area. Thanks Again for letting us jump in on your group. Daryl

Offline wild_cars

• Cool Newbie
Received Message
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 06:49:10 pm »
I got your message today.  I call you so we can coordinate the best place and time for you to meet up with our caravan.

Mike

Offline wild_cars

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 08:30:30 pm »
Daryl,

Glad you will be able to join our caravan.  See you on the 2nd.

Offline Diner

• http://www.boss302.com/events.htm
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 08:47:15 pm »
We should also point out that "another" caravan will be coming thu MI and going to Signature Auto in Columbus OH before heading for Carlisle. More info

http://www.boss302.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=15&TID=10265&pagenumber=1

Offline Bozz302

Toledo Meeting
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 01:38:09 pm »
Mike (wild_cars)

Small change of plans...As we talked about the other night, I confirmed the location.  It will be at Mathews Ford in Oregon OH (2811 Navarre Ave., 43616).  They were much more receptive than the original dealership.  They will set up a reception area and fire up the grill for us.  Possibly some ball caps??
70 Metallic Blue Boss 302
96 Red Cobra Convertible (Sold)
70 Lime Green B2 (Sold)
12 Comp Orange B2

Offline wild_cars

• Cool Newbie
New Ohio Dealership Contact
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 03:16:14 pm »
BOZZ302,

Thanks for the update.  Let me know if there is anything that you need me to do.

We really appreciate you setting up this connection point.

Wild_cars

Offline wild_cars

• Cool Newbie
Reply sent to our Northern Canadian Caravan
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2005, 03:40:31 pm »
I posted our information with the Canadian Caravan.

Hopefully they might be able to join us in Michigan or Ohio.

Wild_cars

Offline wild_cars

• Cool Newbie
Canadian Caravan Update
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 04:19:43 pm »
The Canadian Caravan will be traveling via Western New York.

Offline 69BossElim

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 10:31:01 am »
Mike,

just a note that there is a ten mile section of I-94 that is down to one lane between Marshall and Albion. I went through it at 4:00pm on a Friday with no problems and a cowork drives it everyday and said there have been no back ups so far. How many people are in the MI caravan?

Brian

Offline wild_cars

• Cool Newbie
Road Condition Info.
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 03:47:03 pm »
Brian,

Thanks for the road condition information.  I'll plan accordingly.

Mike

Offline wild_cars

• Cool Newbie
Late Registration on June 2nd
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 06:30:14 pm »
I checked on the latest time to check-in on the 2nd.  They said that someone could be available to allow us to drop off our trailers no later than 7:00pm.  But, we must call in advance to let them know what time we will be there.

I also found out that we must drop off our trailer and car at the designated trailer parking area first.  We will then unload our cars and drive them to Gate 1 where we will check-in and get our goodie bag.  They will let us know where to park.

There are two parking areas; 2A & 2B.  We must park in the pre-assigned area (2A or 2B).

Mike

Offline wild_cars

• Cool Newbie
Hotel Location
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 06:40:58 pm »
Bozz302

The Kalamazoo gang is staying at the Comfort Inn West in Mechanicsburg.

Mike

Offline wild_cars

• Cool Newbie
Contact Information
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2005, 03:31:51 pm »
Were getting very close to departure to the Boss Nationals event.

I need everyone that is planning to caravan with us to contact me to confirm your participation as soon as possible.

Make sure you send me your contact number or e-mail address.

We will be on a fairly tight time schedule so it's important that we know who will be at each connection point and what time you plan to be there.  I don't want to miss or leave anyone behind.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
willism@ameritech.net
(269) 382-0213 (home) - please leave a message on my machine if I'm not home.  I will return your call as soon as possible.

Offline swboss302

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2005, 07:40:11 pm »
Wild, I just sent you an E-Mail with my cell number. There are three of us (two Bosses and a Shelby) that will try to meet up with you in Ann Arbor. Also I just checked with Comfort Suites in Carlisle and they have over 20 rooms still available for Thursday only, if anyone needs one.