Author Topic: More Holiday Inn Problems  (Read 4220 times)

Offline CK

More Holiday Inn Problems
« on: June 06, 2005, 08:04:37 am »
Finally got a chance to review my bill for the stay at Holiday Inn Mechanicsburg.  Many errors.  The agreed rate went from $119.95 a nite to $144.95 a nite.  I got billed for movies viewed during the time we were at the BBQ on Sat..  After talking to many people at the hotel, still no satisfaction.  Reccommend to all to check your bills.  If you also had problems and can't get satisfaction.  Let everyone know.  Send letters to Boss Registry, Carlisle Productions, local Chamber of Commerece, PA Att. Gen.  While I do not hold any of these peoplegroups responsible, if we let them all know, than these group may not recommend this hotel.  That WILL hurt their business.  What else can we do.  

Craig
1970 Grabber Green Boss 302 - original owner

Offline fitz46

• Cool Newbie
holiday inn competent
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 06:06:02 pm »
i too had trouble with the holiday inn. I was alerted friday morning by this website as to potential problems, so i called ahead. After hearing that i had made reservations only for thursday and not friday and saturday i went through the roof at the sheer stupidity. Long story, short. they calle me back to say yes come on they had my reservations. However, upon arrival i was who? no one there admitted calling me or the fact that i had any rweservations and were unwilling to do anything for me. Another holiday inn got me rooms at a steep discount in harrisburg, alittle more inconvenient but appreciated. The original hotel has already heard from me via guest relations at corporate.

Offline Carl

• Needs A Job
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 08:03:08 pm »
Don't feel slighted, it wasn't only the Holiday Inn.  Comfort Inn West boo-booed my bill as well.  I asked for a cot for Christina (almost three year old) for Saturday night.  I arrived Thursday, there it was.  Didn't think twice, Christina arrived Saturday, Sunday went to pay out.  They charged me $10 per night for the cot, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  When I said I only asked for the cot for Saturday, they said "well, it was in your room, wasn't it?"  The worst point was that they never bothered to tell me it was going to cost anything over the room rate, otherwise I would have hollered on Thursday about it being in the room.  I know, only $20, but it was ethic of it that got to me . . .

Carl
Carl
'70 Boss 302
'70 M-Code Vert w/ Shaker
'85 1C SVO
'01 Cobra
'02 Excursion (7.3l)
'04 Expedition
'06 Mazda Speed6

Offline ASedan

• Needs A Job
  • Live by the wrench - Die by the checkbook
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 09:05:12 am »
Hey Carl, didn't get to meet you.  We presented one credit card and then switched to another at check-in.  However, the Comfort Inn held out the amount for the full stay on the first card when it was paid for with the second, so on the way home it was rejecting when we were trying to buy expensive fuel.  I keep a low credit limit on this card so it doesn't get out of hand, but getting to this event had it running close.  So, I called Comfort from the road and they claimed they had nothing to do with it and I was just imagining the post on the credit card.  Also, Holiday Inn Express in Columbus put a claim on the same card for about twice the room cost, also tying up credit.  I arrived home with nothing but a handful of change in my pocket. Not fun.

Offline CK

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 10:07:34 am »
Funny you should mention about the advanced billing on the credit cards.  I was just checking my credit card account online.  The Holiday Inn hit my card for $489. when I checked in.  I am sure they do this to make sure there is enough credit available (understandable).  When I checked out on Sunday they billed my credit card $467.  That included the overcharges.  As of now, I have nearly $1000. worth of credit tied up for a bill that should have been less than $400.  If I tried this in my business, I would be in jail! I usually stay at Marriott's, but the nearest was in Harrisburg.  In the last year I have been forced to stay at two Holiday Inns (this one and one in OH)due to no Marriott's in the area I needed to be. Both Holiday Inn's overcharged & billed for movies not ordered or viewed.  I have NEVER had a problem at any Marriott (nationwide).  I will NEVER, repeat NEVER, stay at a Holiday Inn again!!  Tell you friends about your expierence, if enough people know and avoid staying there, maybe they will pay attention?  WoW, I guess I got a roll, sorry.

Craig

Offline CK

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 09:36:11 pm »
Finally got someone at the Holiday Inn to listen.  The first charge (when I checked in) has been reversed.  They also credited me for the $25 per nite increase and credited me for the movie charges.  I guess being a pain in their backside works.  When talking to the rep. from the hotel today, I mentioned that people were writing about their negative expierences with Holiday Inn on the web site.  Maybe this helped influence their decissions? Thanks for listening.

Craig

Offline bardbar

I just checked our bank statment
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 12:55:57 pm »
I just checked our bank statment and they overcharged us also.You would think that they could get that right. It's pretty simple just take the rate times how many nights that a person stays, right? Thanks for sayong something, or I wouldn't have checked it.

Offline 9F02G196848

• Global Moderator
  • Needs A Job
    • http://www.boss302.com
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 08:08:04 am »
I just got a letter from the Holiday Inn asking me to rate our experience. A report card of sorts.

Anyone having had problems, please email me at BOSS302Reg@aol.com and I will forward those printed out emails  to them. Please use your real names and addresses so I have facts, not just whiners.

Randy

Offline 9F02G196848

• Global Moderator
  • Needs A Job
    • http://www.boss302.com
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 10:35:37 am »
Ok, no emails, so I sent it in. I did mention there were a few people who had problems but appears they were resolved.