Author Topic: BOSS Nationals Banners  (Read 20688 times)

Offline 9F02G196848

• Global Moderator
  • Needs A Job
    • http://www.boss302.com
BOSS Nationals Banners
« on: June 07, 2005, 01:00:56 pm »
Carlisle made some nice banners up for the event. However several were stolen. Lisa told me Sunday they had plans to auction them off and the proceeds going to either the Salvation Army or the Red Cross (I don't remember which one off hand) If anybody knows the where abouts of these banners, please let the new 'owners' know they could have had the chance to buy them and help someone in need at the same time. If these banners can be recovered, we will post the auction on this site. Unless the new owners want to make a nice donation thru Lisa at Carlisle for their new treasures.

Randy

Offline STEVEG

• No Life
BOSS Nationals Banners
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 05:00:09 pm »
Well that sucks Randy.Who ever has helped their selves to these banners needs to remember what goes around comes around!!!Just imagine someone helping them selves to something of theirs,like that nice rev limiter or shaker.I sure wouldn't want that monkey on my back!!!Hope they have a conscience and they return them!!!

Disappointed,
  Steve G.

Offline bossneeds

• Needs A Job
  • Life's too short, enjoy every minute!
BOSS Nationals Banners
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 05:37:48 pm »
Wow! I at least asked Randy if they were available and he told me that about 200 people asked about them. I would have gladly made a donation or participated in an auction for one. That's the same as someone stealing a Christmas tree and feeling good about it. Send them back guys. Mail them from another state if you have to, but come on, show some heart especially for the cause they were going to be auctioned for. Good thing I took my signature banner down or some low-life would have grabbed that too! One week grace period with no guilt, or suffer the harrassment later.
1967 Tiger MK1-A
1970 Shelby GT350
2013 BOSS 302 LS #712 GO
2016 Shelby GT350 Magnetic blk stripes
2017 GT350R-Magnetic w/white stripes
Wife still Happy, recovering.
BOSS 302's are like a fabulous WI cheddar. Both get better with age and you buy them for your enjoyment, not as an investment.

Offline Licorice

BOSS Nationals Banners
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 05:38:03 pm »
I agree what goes around will come around . Looking foward to auction.

Offline bossneeds

• Needs A Job
BOSS Nationals Banners
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 05:42:46 pm »
I'll give you $150 for one.
1967 Tiger MK1-A
1970 Shelby GT350
2013 BOSS 302 LS #712 GO
BOSS 302's are like a fabulous WI cheddar. Both get better with age and you buy them for your enjoyment, not as an investment.

Offline Licorice

BOSS Nationals Banners
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 07:28:04 pm »

Offline Yellowstang

Bummer!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 07:59:31 pm »
I was one of the 200 the asked about them. I could tell by Randys reaction he had been asked many times before. When we left after the BBQ I thought they were still in place. Just goes to show that it only takes a second for a thief. I would have been willing to bid high for one...after all a toy car brought big money!!LOL!!!
Many thanks to Randy and team. Your passion for these cars and years of hard work  came together at Carlisle and we all benefited.

Offline elvis

• No Life
boo!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 09:01:09 pm »
That SUX!!! I can't believe that someone would steal one.  The security guards were there all night..amazing no one lost a shaker if they could shinny the wall to get a banner. Hopefully it was not a BOSS person that did that.  There were so many others there ,,could have been those 50th anniversary T-Bird owners down in the flooded swamp that were upset we got the high ground...

Offline ASedan

• Needs A Job
  • Live by the wrench - Die by the checkbook
BOSS Nationals Banners
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 10:58:09 pm »
Well, I asked Randy late Sunday (around 3:30) and I was one of the last guys there.  Had no clue 200 guys asked before me.  However, there were still three on the building.  There is no way a normal person could reach any of them.  I could've barely gotten to the one above the front window, but that's it.  Randy did mention that the ones on the chain link fence were taken.  So, did somebody snag them off the building later on Sunday?

Offline 69boss

• PT Group
  • No Life
BOSS Nationals Banners
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 02:26:24 am »
Hold on, guys...

I wasn't at Carlise, but out here on the West Coast, swiping race banners at the Long Beach Grand Prix/California Speedway is a common past time, I even have a few hanging in my garage.

Those who did it almost surely did not know they were going to be auctioned for charity.  But if a member of this board did it, I am sure that he would gladly return them.

If they don't show up, then likely someone besides a board member here has them.

Offline toygeorge

• Cool Newbie
Boss Banners
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 09:00:04 am »
Randy:  That is really unbelieveable that someone would steal an item that was to be auctioned for a good cause.  As you know, I had tried to purchase one and decided that waiting for the auction idea was awesome to help others in need.  If one is auctioned, we will want to participate, please let us know....
George Munsterman
Mary Brinckerhoff

P.S.  Event was wonderful and I guess AWESOME is more fitting.  See you soon.
eorge munsterman
First Class Collectibles
914-456-6249 cell

Offline cstef

• Cool Newbie
BOSS Nationals Banners
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 02:26:25 pm »
I'll go $225. for lost banner.

Gary
I'll give you $300 for your banner( only if you throw in a mug and some cheese ) thats a really good offer, can you ship it by Friday?

Chuck
p.s. I'm holding my breath!

Offline bossneeds

• Needs A Job
BOSS Nationals Banners
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 02:06:08 pm »
Chuck, shouldn't you be at work since you took a few extra days off? The banner (legitimate one) is hanging in the garage above the "W" code BOSS. Since it couldn't attend I figured it would like to be near the banner. I think I'll pass on the banner offer at this time. It will be attendance at the next big BOSS bash somewhere in the midwest. Cheese and beer are both long gone. Thanks again for a great time and many, many thanks for the framed poster. We love it!
1967 Tiger MK1-A
1970 Shelby GT350
2013 BOSS 302 LS #712 GO

Offline ASedan

• Needs A Job
  • Live by the wrench - Die by the checkbook
BOSS Nationals Banners
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 03:42:28 pm »
You're wrong Gary.  I sat in front of the TV last night munching on some of your cheese and there's still some left in the bag.  Blame in on Rex, the pork-lover, diplomatically handed me his cheese because he's boycotting dairy products from Wisconsin.
Psssst- the W-code says hi from Texas.

Offline bossneeds

• Needs A Job
BOSS Nationals Banners
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2005, 04:09:48 pm »
Ya know Dave, even thought the cheese bag is empty, the cheese will be with you for about a week. That's what happens when you eat that much of it. Rex didn't like cheese from Wisconsin?? Perhaps he is used to the plastic cows and powdered milk most others think is real...heh heh heh....
1967 Tiger MK1-A
1970 Shelby GT350
2013 BOSS 302 LS #712 GO