Author Topic: Thanks to Danoh1....  (Read 3983 times)

Offline ASedan

• Needs A Job
  • Live by the wrench - Die by the checkbook
Thanks to Danoh1....
« on: June 13, 2005, 09:48:17 am »
I can't forget after all this, the value of friendship and I have to say that fellow board member Danoh1 really helped me get the car this far with donor parts, the use of his shop and help with the bodywork.  The bodywork taxed our friendship, but the fact that we kept it together meant that we had a partnership worth saving.  You guys in smaller towns know how it is to be isolated in your Boss addiction and Dan and I are several hundred miles disjunct, but still manage to stay in touch several times a week.
Dan sold his car just before the caravan headed east and I know he wanted to be part of it, but he still flew to Carlisle and we both got to feed our disease.  I'm going to try hard to maintain some of the new friendships that were kindled at the Nats.

Offline jeepersv8

• http://www.valcocleve.com
Thanks to Danoh1....
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 11:38:34 am »
Tell you what Dave...You seemed like a great guy to Wendy and I. Was an absolute pleasure meeting you and the other guys from this site. If we are ever in your neck of the woods we'll look you up. Same goes for you. Look me up if you are ever in Cleveland, Oh. Actually....you might have to look down to find me. LOL
Have a great day,Dave!
Len

Offline ASedan

• Needs A Job
Thanks to Danoh1....
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 12:51:11 pm »
Don't belittle yourself Len because a great man can be any height and you are one.  Glad you can laugh about it...both of us.  Thanks for the good words and stay in touch.

Offline Blue69

• No Life
    • http://www.arabcustomsandclassics.com/mustang01.htm
Thanks to Danoh1....
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 05:57:10 am »
Same here Dave. I had a friend who helped me or my car would never have been there. I enjoyed meeting you and wish we could have spent more time getting to know each one... But I think we were all in a state of shock at the sight of all those Bosses.
Ron

1969 Boss 302 Acapulco Blue
1970 Boss 302 Grabber Blue (waiting its turn)
Web Site

Offline Danoh1

• PT Group
  • No Life
I just saw this
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 08:24:13 pm »
You are welcome.  As you know, I wish we lived closer and could do more than yap on the phone.  

"Street T/A" looks awesome, and I am proud to have a helping hand in it's ressurection.  And the good folks here in this online community have no idea how much work you have put into that car.  It is truly a magnificent accomplishment.  Others have done as good or better work, but not under the time restraints.  Nor have they had to deal with the logisitics of living in the boonies like you (and me) do.

I have some notes from November.  Just the time we put in the body here in Del Rio was over 200 man hours.  I bet there is close to another hundred to get where it is today.  Not counting actually hanging the sheet metal.

Don't forget....it is the main reason I have my 70 M code T/A clone car in the first place.

Cheers, my friend.

Dano
1970 M code Boss T/A (ala Dano)  link to racecar
HHP

Offline ASedan

• Needs A Job
Thanks to Danoh1....
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 01:07:51 pm »
Thanks Dano.
It was more like 400 hours after I got it home.  I won't do that again (haven' I said that before)?
So, yeah, I forgot that little detail - since we didn't make it a racer, you got the M code?

Offline Blue69

• No Life
    • http://www.arabcustomsandclassics.com/mustang01.htm
Thanks to Danoh1....
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 02:39:22 pm »
danoh1 also helped me with a steering box.... Thanks.
Nice picture Dave, I like that chrome mirror.
Ron
P.S. I'm going in tomorrow to have that shoulder fixed so maybe then I can finish the job on my car.

1969 Boss 302 Acapulco Blue
1970 Boss 302 Grabber Blue (waiting its turn)
Web Site

Offline ASedan

• Needs A Job
Thanks to Danoh1....
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 08:53:28 am »
Thanks Ron-
Finally watched the video of the trip last night and got to see a lot of the back end of your car through my windshield. It was a nice view.  Take care of that shoulder and that car.