Author Topic: Long Distance Award  (Read 5762 times)

Offline 0F02G109403

• Needs A Job
Long Distance Award
« on: July 05, 2005, 09:25:20 am »

Thank You Randy- This plaque is very nice and will have a special place in the trophy case for sure! We had a GREAT time and you guys did a FANTASTIC job back there to say the least.

We drove a total of 6,337.0 miles round trip, spending $1,298.70 on diesel and averaged around 11 mpg.

I hope that in the not to distant future we can start putting together a West Coast Event that would include some track time someplace along with all the kinds of fun we had back there.

Any of you "East of the Mississippi Guys" think you would make the trip? Might getcha-self one of these plaques! ;)

Thanks Again!

Mark/San Diego

Offline TM69BOSS

Long Distance Award
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 12:02:43 pm »
I am up for the challenge, Mark. You get the show started and I will be there!! How did the Indiana vacation part of the trip go? Any carp left alive in those Indiana streams?
Say hi to Randy for me.
Tim

Offline 0F02G109403

• Needs A Job
Long Distance Award
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 12:57:50 pm »
We partied enough that the fish were pretty safe I'm affraid. Had a blast camping and not dealing with the "car thing" for a few days. We spent one day doing a 5 hour canoe trip and managed to keep the bottom-side down the whole way!

Mark/San Diego

Offline FolsomBoss

• http://home.mindspring.com/~tod.ryan/
Congrats Mark!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 10:02:54 pm »
I think you only beat me by a hundred miles or so, but I'm not going to split hairs. Looked for you and your car but didn't realize you were in one of the buildings. Would have bought you a beer if they sold them there. Will try to catch you sometime here on the left coast.

Tod

Offline 0F02G109403

• Needs A Job
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 10:38:58 pm »
...is what we traveled to get there. I showed Randy my trip meter right after we met on Thurs. Did you track your mileage? I looked for you and your car also but nobody knew where you were? Yes my car was in Building T, the redish one down by the food court and grandstands.

How was the pull over the Rockies? We came back the 80 but went South at Denver. Those Peaks just kept getting bigger & bigger the closer we got to the Mile High City.

I hope we can get together out here sometime, maybe you can do Knott's Berry Farm next year?

Mark/San Diego

Offline FolsomBoss

• http://home.mindspring.com/~tod.ryan/
Long Distance Award
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 11:49:42 pm »
I didn?t really track the mileage, plus we piddled around in Salt Lake and Chicago. I never even made it to building T, but did walk up and down the rows of cars outside looking for a red 70 with CA plates. The Rockies weren?t too bad considering I was pulling the trailer with my 4.6 Explorer. The Sierras presented more of a challenge?40mph was all she would do on some stretches. I?m thinking about doing the Peterson Museum show in September, and will definitely try Knott?s again. We?ll catch up one of these days!

Offline 9F02G196848

• Global Moderator
  • Needs A Job
    • http://www.boss302.com
Long Distance Award
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 06:22:31 am »
You guys travel 3,000 miles to the opposite side of the US and are within a few hundred feet of each other and didn't hook up? Man, we had a bigger event than I thought!

Offline 0F02G109403

• Needs A Job
Long Distance Award
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 08:07:07 am »
Guess we'll have to do it again!

Mark/San Diego

Offline BleedBlue

$1298.70 in diesel
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 12:32:40 am »
WOW..That's one expensive plaque!! But I know the memories are priceless.

Dave/So.Cal.

Offline KIWIBOSS

• http://www.coastlineautomotive.co.nz
Long Distance Award
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 07:38:43 pm »
Hey Mark, you're luck i didn't ship my Boss!! would have cleaned everyone for mileage!!LOL

I believe the next California SAAC event is in 3 years(2008) how about working a west coast Boss Nationals for that year!! be great to do both events and make life a $#!+ load easier for me!!you know,with air travel and all, and give everyone 3 years to organise themselves.

My 2 cents
Dale(BAK)"Broken Ass Kiwi"

Offline 0F02G109403

• Needs A Job
Now come on.....
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 08:02:48 pm »
You don't know how to ship a BOSS this way my friend, so don't act like you do. LOL

That's a Great Idea about SAAC-33! We'll have to have a look into it. Thanks

Mark/San Diego

Offline Terry

Congrats Mark!
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 10:13:35 pm »
On the long distance award! You deserved it! You are the "John Force" of the Boss Registry-never met a stranger! It was indeed a pleasure to meet and talk with you and your family in building T, and your Boss ain't too shabby either..lol (Very pristine example of a Boss!) The ONLY regret I have is not getting to Caravan with you from Knoxville on to Carlisle. As MY luck would have it, my "heavy footed" daughter got a speeding ticket (her first) and was scheduled to appear on the day we were to meet in Knoxville. She is 16 and driving an '03 Mustang GT. As I am finding out, a terrible combination! I have received lots of "flack" from both sides of the family for buying her that car. I thought I wouldn't have to worry as much about a girl as I would a boy driving, Man! was I wrong! Anyway Mark, I felt as though I owed you an explaination for not getting to meet up with you in Knoxville after all those months of planning. Maybe we'll have better luck on the next one out your way. Count me in!..................Terry

Offline 0F02G109403

• Needs A Job
Thanks Terry-
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2005, 07:51:12 am »
John Force of the Registry! LOL! What a nice thing to say! We were born on the same day, May 4th, only 10 years apart.

We had a great time didn't we? I wished you could have joined our little band of Road Warriors too. It was so much fun traveling with the group.

Well I hope you took the keys away for a while at least. My son Doug wants my 5.0, ain't gonna happen. Not until he's mastered the `95 Buick for a few years. LOL. Might let him follow me to a Show in it for starters. It's a 320hp, modified, rice burner killer, not for 18 year old boys. It's a hard decision b/c I want him to have it, just can't.

Keep in touch

Mark/San Diego