Author Topic: Who drove their Boss the longest to the Reunion?  (Read 2893 times)

Offline CK

Who drove their Boss the longest to the Reunion?
« on: July 05, 2005, 10:50:10 am »
What was the longest distance that someone drove their Boss to the Nationals?  I drove 261 miles each way.  I remember talking to others who had driven more.  Driving to the Reunion was the most enjoyment I have had with the Boss in 25 years.  Congratulations to Mark getting the long distance award, for bringing his Boss cross country.  

Craig
1970 Grabber Green Boss 302 - original owner

Offline jeepersv8

• http://www.valcocleve.com
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 12:15:00 pm »
I did about 800 mi. round trip from Cleveland, Oh.
 I know for sure there were some from much farther away than that.

Offline bardbar

We drove to Iowa
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 11:09:14 pm »
We drove our 70 B2 1200 miles one way. On the way home we drove it straight threw,17 hours,1200 miles,2 fast food meals,air conditioning,3:91 gears,18" Z rated tires,6 speed transmission(new from Ford Racing).Average speed from Carlisle,Pa. to Northwest Iowa.70 MPH. Running on 87 to 89 octaine fuel (ethenol were we could get it. Average MPG 16-20.On the way home the car turned over to 35,000 actual miles.It really surprised us that almost all of the cars were trailered in.To each their own,but driving it there and back with my Dad was priceless.

Offline jeepersv8

• http://www.valcocleve.com
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 08:08:36 am »
Bardbar,You have a/c in that thing? How well does it work?
Len

Offline bardbar

goooood!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 10:30:44 pm »
We put in Classic Auto Air Perfect Fit kit in the car,And it works awsome. We have tinted side windows and rear louvers. It works great all of thee time, if we are slow cruising in a parade or running down the interstate in 100+ degree heat. I really like it that your dash controls are still the same as before. But now when you have it to cool on the lower side and heat on the direction side the air conditioning is on. really simple. I would recomend this kit to everyone.