Author Topic: Pantera Trans Am - Warren Tope  (Read 3643 times)

Offline neil

• Cool Newbie
Pantera Trans Am - Warren Tope
« on: March 01, 2003, 10:51:46 pm »
Just a long shot -- but does anyone know if Warren Topes old Pantera Trans Am race car has been found and if so does anyone know the owner??

Thanks,
Neil

Offline Ford-FIA

• Custom fabrication services-Vintage mini bike sales
Tope Pantera
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 07:50:58 am »
Neil,
I heard Curtis Jackson has an ex-IMSA Pantera. Could be the Tope car or the ex-Vic Manuelli Pantera.
Steve
Manufacturer of hydraulic filtrations systems for the US Navy, Army and private industry.

Offline Gus-SK-Boss

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2003, 09:45:32 pm »
Hi Neil,
The Tope Pantera was restored a long time ago. I own Tope's 1973 T.A. Mustang. I have one photo of Tope's Pantera at his shop. I talked to the owner of the Tope Pantera before he sold the car to the new owner. This was in the late 1980's or early 1990's. I had a bunch of drawings and info that I sent him about the car. You might try one of the National Pantera clubs. They might know who owns the car today. I would have to check my files to see if I still have any info on who last owned the car.
Gus

Offline neil

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2003, 10:00:00 pm »
Thanks for the info.

Saw a few old photos of the car recently and was just wondering --- Haven't seen it at any race events so I guess the owner keeps it under wraps.

Would be fun to see.

Thanks again.
Neil

Offline neil

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2003, 08:25:12 pm »
Gus:

Give me yell at:

neil@tlxtech.com

All this talk of Pantera's, (and Tope's name being tossed about), caused two things to happen.

First the owner of Tope's Pantera has contacted me directly so I indeed will be able to discuss his car and others completely.

Second, an old friend, (and I am sorry that I didn't remember this sooner), reminded me that he worked with Warren years ago as sort of a crew memeber and he, (along with several other guys he knows), have some information and even additional photos of Warren's '71 style car.

If you care to have his name and e-mail address, let me know and I'll pass it along.

PS -- The guy also worked on Tope's '69 and I, (about a year ago), already passed his name on to John but -- Again, just forgot about your ownership of the Warren's next Mustang effort.

Neil

Offline clwnprins

Warren Tope street/race Pantera
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2003, 08:15:51 am »
About 2 years ago, I went with a friend to look at an unfinished Warren Tope Pantera he had in his shop when he was killed. Supossed to be the 5th one he was building for a guy in Detriot.After his death the guy (a doctor I heard) didn't want anything to do with the car anymore so he sold it to a friend of my friends uncle. Any way he was going to sell it to my buddy , we went and looked at it and I took some pictures if any of you are interested. He didn't buy it though.The car had not run in years, body was painted dark blue with silver pinstripes like the Donahue Trans Am Camaros.It was done in laquer and had not even been buffed out yet. It had huge flares and Sterling wheels on it. Sharp. I think he sold it since, but would have been a great car to finish up.If I can post a picture here I will.If not, if some else can post them, I will email them to you.

Offline neil

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2003, 10:14:38 pm »
I would very much like to see the photos.  If you would e-mail them to me it would certainly help my research.

I am working on the potential purchase of two of these old Pantera race cars, (neither with "vintage" T/A history -- because none ever ran before 1973), but any extra photos of cars and how they were setup greatly helps in est restoration cost or how orignal the car is.

Again -- if you can it would indeed help -- email address is neil@tlxtech.com

Thanks,
neil

Offline Cullen01

GUS
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2003, 08:05:46 am »
I would love to have a picture of the 73 TA car.
 Could you please forward them to me at TCullen440@aol.com?
 Thank you, Cullen

Offline TransAmEd

• http://www.ponysite.de
Re: Pantera Trans Am - Warren Tope
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 02:05:11 am »

Offline TransAmEd

• http://www.ponysite.de
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 12:04:05 pm »
From today at Europes biggest classic car show "Techno Classica" at the Coys booth. (opening is tomorrow)
If anybody wants more shots, let me know.

Offline Gus-SK-Boss

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 03:48:11 pm »
Here are two photos of Tope's Pantera at his shop 1973. The original car and paint look different from the restored Pantera that is for sale.

Gus