Author Topic: Legendary Motorcars, LTD (Peter Klute)  (Read 6897 times)

Offline morecowbell

• Cool Newbie
Legendary Motorcars, LTD (Peter Klute)
« on: November 11, 2005, 02:07:17 pm »
Some of you asked me to reveal the identity of the dealer who was the subject of my previous thread "please help, what should I do?"   Its Legendary Motorcars LTD of Ontario, Canada.  If you want to know about the problem, you may want to review that thread.  I tried to work it out with them, but Peter Klute just argued and I got tired of it, hence the identity of the seller.  Take my fact situation withLegendary Motorcars LTD and Peter Klute for what its worth/

Offline Runkster

Sorry..
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 03:13:29 pm »
Sorry to hear about what your going through.  Unfortunately things like that cannot be assigned a denominational value.

I feel your pain.  I recently bought a roof mount DVD player ($1000) for my F150 and after not hearing from Bestbuy for 6 months (no phone calls or mail notifications) I went in to get my money back.  They TOLD me I had already picked it up.  I contacted the main office and was told TS, the computer records said I already picked it up so I must have it.  Man it pisses me off just to think about it..but I can buy another DVD player.  Just twists my nads knowing they just don't care that I am unhappy about it, and someone at Bestbuy got a $1000 DVD player for free.  I have officially boycotted Bestbuy untill this is resolved.  I have spent mucho dollars with them in the past and I find their lack of concern unacceptable.

What you lost was irreplaceable.  Not sure how it could be compensated for.  Guess you just have to suck it up and enjoy the car, sounds like you got a nice one too bad it came with the extra hassle.
69 Acapulco Blue Boss 302
70 Mustang Vert 76B interior
84 Mustang SVO
2005 F150 Lariat

Offline morecowbell

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 03:26:34 pm »
Its not the end of the world losing the stuff, but where is the customer service anymore?  Don't people, or companys, care what others think about them?

Offline noboss

• True BOSS 302 Exhange Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 04:03:24 pm »
I was reading your other post and it is highly unlikely that the "cleaning people" lost the paper work , they do not touch stuff on desks , if it was in the deal you should get the papers , call them again and say I want the papers or some money , and call them every day several times per day.
Back in the Day

Offline schoolbusboss

• Cool Newbie
what car did you pruchase?
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 08:59:23 am »
MoreCowbell,
what kind of car did you buy from Legendary?  It looks like a '70 Mustang of some kind. Do you car to be more specific?  Just curious.

Good luck to both you and Peter in getting this resolved.

Offline morecowbell

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 09:36:45 am »
it was an unrestored 70 Mustang Mach 1, 428 CJ.

Offline ASedan

• No Life
  • Live by the wrench - Die by the checkbook
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 09:49:48 am »
Not the first complaint I've heard about these guys.  Several years ago I tried to console a Boss 302 buyer from the South.  They sold him a "factory Drag Pack" car - problem was it was a 3.91.  It also had a smoking motor that they tried to brush off, but eventually reimbursed him for a rebuild.
All of these big dealers are just that, dealers.  They need to make money to keep their high overheads and that doesn't always mean being fair.  They are the last place I would go to buy a car.  I hope you get something worked out.  A certified letter with a time limit sometimes gets results because it is always the first step prior to legal action.  If you've given them some grief and they know your name, they may not sign for the letter, so use a business name on the letter like Bill's Racing or something.   Good luck.

Online Jeffrey

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 01:21:32 pm »
Craig,

I just read the other post. I met you at Straustown. I had the White Boss at Hershey. I am so sorry to hear of your story. I guess you can't trust those boys up north. I hope this doesn't cause you to go back to Mopar. I hope it all works out for you. Do you remember the gentleman I introduced you to that had the 69 SCJ? Now he would be someone to get that paper work back.

Jeff

Offline LegendaryMotorcar

• http://www.legendarymotorcar.com
There are always two sides to every story
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 01:44:12 pm »
There are always two sides to every story. One of my sales guys, who are car all car guys, sold Criag Charles from Pittsburg P.A in June, a 1970 Mach 1 428CJ original car. Craig came up to inspect the car and brought a check for the car with him. We normally hold cars until checks clear but he convinced my sales guy on taking the car right away. We also always do the paper work to clear customers in but he insisted he do it himself. We let the car go after all he is a lawyer and could do the customs paperwork. We said we would hold the original documentation of the car, until he sent us the US customs paperwork, so we are not liable for 15% Canadian tax. We still don?t have that paperwork from Criag as of this morning. He says he is now going to fax it to us. Craig let 4 months go by then contacted my guys in a huff about paperwork. We then boxed all the paperwork we had and sent it to him, my guys had now forgotten about him sending us the customs paperwork. Which he says we were not clear on. If that was the case wouldn?t you request the paperwork for the car when you pick-up the car? Anyway we sent him everything we had. He got everything including copies of the gas receipts. We sent him everything in the file. Now apparently everything got to Craig except for the original gas receipts but the copies are there. Craig phones me up and asks for them about a week ago. We look high and low in all our files for the gas receipts, we can?t find them. I phone Craig up tell him. We can?t find them. He?s pretty upset about the original receipts. I asked him what he thought fair compensations would be considering he did have copies of the receipts, just not the originals. Of course he has all the other paperwork original bill of sale, ford invoice, the ford 999 report, the Marti report ect. His reply was $6,000 for gas receipts which he had copes of. I then offered to buy back the car. He absolutely refuses, he likes the car. As he should it is a great car and he?ll be the first to tell you. If some one is reasonable I will be as well. He then said in not so many words, he would make my name mud all over the Boss website and that he was a lawyer. I said I?m certain he had only told them half the story. So this is the other half. I also phoned him this morning looking for my paperwork so I don?t have to be liable for %15 of the purchase price. Hopefully I will get it after 5 months. I also told him I will resolve this with him but I wanted my side of the story on the website. So guys how many dealers or private guys would even talk to Craig about what some gas receipts are worth. Keeping in mind he has every piece of important paperwork with serial #?s on them. The car is a great car. He has never complained about the quality of the car. I would love to have the car back. And gas receipts can not be documented to a particular car. They are cool to have but certainly not proof of anything. I asked him what he thought was reasonable he said $6,000 dollars for gas receipts, if someone is reasonable with me. I?ll be reasonable with them. I said how about a coupe hundred bucks, thinking he should take his wife out for a nice dinner on me. So who is being unreasonable the lawyer or the car dealer?

Bottom Line
?We apparently lost some original gas receipts which he has copies of.

?I have offered to buy back the car.

?My guys have no reason to keep gas receipts

?Gas recipts are cool to have but can never be proof of anything other then somebody bought gas for a car anycar. There is no positive correlation to the Mach 1

?I really would buy the car back in a second. It?s a great car.

?I offered compensation on something I?m not ever sure we lost. He thinks $6,000 is fair. This guys is a lawyer trying to get money for gas recipts.

?There is always two sides to every story he is a lawyer and know how to make things look bad for LMC.

?Sorry guys it has taken me so long to post, I am a very slow at typing

Reply to Craig
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 01:45:18 pm »
-Sorry your right its Dillsburg not Pittsburg.

-You told me and my salesman you only had copies of the gas receipts now you don?t have them?

-Funny how the fact you hadn?t send us the customs paperwork is a smoke screen on the real issue of gas receipts.

-With out that paperwork I?m liable for 15% of the purchase price in taxes here in Canada. That?s why we didn?t give you the paperwork in the first place, some smoke screen.

-Yes thank you for faxing those papers this afternoon so promptly you only bought the car in June 14/05 5months ago.

-I specifically asked you what you thought the gas receipts were worth. You answer $6,000 that was not a response I had not offered anything yet. I just ask you what you thought. You then said you would post this on the Boss registry (implying but carefully not saying) to do damage to LMC?s reputation. Which you did as soon as I said I?m not paying you $6,000 for gas receipts. You think phone here a few times today to make sure I was reading the website to see the damage being done.

-You are a layer you shouldn?t be trying to extort $6,000 for gas receipts on a car you are happy with.

Final Posting
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 02:10:03 pm »
We didn?t make copies of anything we sent the file to him. Gas receipts are no real form of paperwork. No body buys a car because there have gas receipts. They are of no value to us. The gas receipts would have been issues from a gas station in a small town in Canada, which makes sense for that car because it spent most of its life there. It doesn?t make sense for other cars, hence no value. But it still doesn?t mean anything for this car either. Though receipts could have been for the guy?s pick-up truck. Boy am I ever sorry my sales guy ever mentioned gas receipts. This will be may last post. If anybody wants great cars with out gas receipts call us.

Offline Stonewall

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 02:57:59 pm »
Rather than make it your last post, why not give us a heads-up when you bring in a BOSS car?  You'll find no better audience than right here.

1, sold.                     2, sold.                    3, totalled 10/17/08.   4, owned for 1 week.  5, current & loving it!

Offline morecowbell

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2005, 03:25:16 pm »
Peter,you just want to argue, don't you.  Your posts are full of  misstatements and untruths, am I am the  little guy who just has to sit on it and rotate, but it still doesn't fix the problem, and you won't call me directly.   Lets just get this settled.  What is the problem with you?

Offline 6T9BOSS

• Needs A Job
  • Luck = Where Preparation meets Opportunity
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2005, 04:34:24 pm »
Question Morecowbell...1) Did Legendary offer to buy the car back? 2) Did you state that 6K is a fair recompence for the gas receipts? 3) Did you with hold paperwork that would cause finanical harm to Lengendary?

Offline 69boss

• PT Group
  • No Life
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2005, 04:45:06 pm »
There are always two sides to every story. One of my sales guys, who are car all car guys, sold Criag Charles from Pittsburg P.A in June, a 1970 Mach 1 428CJ original car. Craig came up to inspect the car and brought a check for the car with him. We normally hold cars until checks clear but he convinced my sales guy on taking the car right away. We also always do the paper work to clear customers in but he insisted he do it himself. We let the car go after all he is a lawyer and could do the customs paperwork. We said we would hold the original documentation of the car, until he sent us the US customs paperwork, so we are not liable for 15% Canadian tax. We still don?t have that paperwork from Criag as of this morning. He says he is now going to fax it to us. Craig let 4 months go by then contacted my guys in a huff about paperwork. We then boxed all the paperwork we had and sent it to him, my guys had now forgotten about him sending us the customs paperwork. Which he says we were not clear on. If that was the case wouldn?t you request the paperwork for the car when you pick-up the car? Anyway we sent him everything we had. He got everything including copies of the gas receipts. We sent him everything in the file. Now apparently everything got to Craig except for the original gas receipts but the copies are there. Craig phones me up and asks for them about a week ago. We look high and low in all our files for the gas receipts, we can?t find them. I phone Craig up tell him. We can?t find them. He?s pretty upset about the original receipts. I asked him what he thought fair compensations would be considering he did have copies of the receipts, just not the originals. Of course he has all the other paperwork original bill of sale, ford invoice, the ford 999 report, the Marti report ect. His reply was $6,000 for gas receipts which he had copes of. I then offered to buy back the car. He absolutely refuses, he likes the car. As he should it is a great car and he?ll be the first to tell you. If some one is reasonable I will be as well. He then said in not so many words, he would make my name mud all over the Boss website and that he was a lawyer. I said I?m certain he had only told them half the story. So this is the other half. I also phoned him this morning looking for my paperwork so I don?t have to be liable for %15 of the purchase price. Hopefully I will get it after 5 months. I also told him I will resolve this with him but I wanted my side of the story on the website. So guys how many dealers or private guys would even talk to Craig about what some gas receipts are worth. Keeping in mind he has every piece of important paperwork with serial #?s on them. The car is a great car. He has never complained about the quality of the car. I would love to have the car back. And gas receipts can not be documented to a particular car. They are cool to have but certainly not proof of anything. I asked him what he thought was reasonable he said $6,000 dollars for gas receipts, if someone is reasonable with me. I?ll be reasonable with them. I said how about a coupe hundred bucks, thinking he should take his wife out for a nice dinner on me. So who is being unreasonable the lawyer or the car dealer?

Bottom Line
?We apparently lost some original gas receipts which he has copies of.

?I have offered to buy back the car.

?My guys have no reason to keep gas receipts

?Gas recipts are cool to have but can never be proof of anything other then somebody bought gas for a car anycar. There is no positive correlation to the Mach 1

?I really would buy the car back in a second. It?s a great car.

?I offered compensation on something I?m not ever sure we lost. He thinks $6,000 is fair. This guys is a lawyer trying to get money for gas recipts.

?There is always two sides to every story he is a lawyer and know how to make things look bad for LMC.

?Sorry guys it has taken me so long to post, I am a very slow at typing

Legendary:

Guess what...I am a lawyer too.  I bet you have a lawyer, and don't hesitate to call on him as your best buddy whenever you need him.

Whether or not the buyer of the vehicle is a lawyer is of no consequence here.  Did he receive everything that he was promised?  Did he receive the benefit of the bargain that was made?  Did he receive originals, or copies?

Honestly, original paperwork is like gold.  My car has none, but I dare to dream.  Sorry, but $200.00 for the lost ORIGINAL papers in NOT a bona fide good faith offer in comprimise.  Hell, $200.00 won't even buy two tires for the back of that car!

Like you said, there are two sides to every story.  However, as a legal professional, I take offense at the implication that he's trying to rip you off because he's an attorney...

He's trying to get what he is promised, and what he is owed.  And quite honestly, I would withhold the paperwork you require for the 15% tax waiver until I either received the receipts, or was properly compensated for their loss.