Author Topic: lower argent/deck lid paint question...  (Read 1394 times)

Offline 0f02r

lower argent/deck lid paint question...
« on: December 20, 2005, 12:03:43 pm »
I know the lower portion of the car is argent paint along with the tail light panel and the lower edge of the deck lid and the adjacent sections on the rear end caps but what about the stripe above them.  Is the stripe above the lower body color painted on and how about the stripe on the deck lid and end caps?  

Thanks

michael

Offline boss1ncj

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 08:06:36 am »
The body lower panel was painted and then the upper edge trimed with a tape dual stripe kit (argent D1ZZ-6320000-B).  The wider tape stripe was applied to the upper edge line of the painted area.  The smaller tape stripe is parallel above the painted panel and shows the body color in between. The rear stripe was part of the "BOSS 351" kit (argent D1ZZ-6320000-J).

Offline 0f02r

Thanks for your reply--now for the follow-up..
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 06:27:53 pm »
I see that the lower trim color was sprayed then seperated with a trim stripe that matched the lower color but gave a clean line with a smaller stripe above it with a thin stripe of upper body color visable between the upper and lower stripe.  I would assume that that stripe is not reproduced-only a thin stripe to duplicate the small stripe above the lower body color--

Does anyone know of one of the repo decal houses that makes the complete lower stripe (3/4 in with 1/4 gap then 1/4 pin stripe) as Ford intended?   I have seen the lower 1/4 inch stripe sold but not as installed by the factory.

Now if I go through all the trouble to do it the way Ford did will I be better off to just cut the main edge of the lower color with striping tape and use an aftermarket smaller stripe?

Any one that has done it with an opinion is appreciated.

I can imagine a slight color difference with the larger stripe laid on the sprayed lower body color looking worse even though it was done the way Ford did it..

Thanks

michael

Offline bobboss351

• 651 485 9832
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 09:05:50 am »
Michael,
 call me after jan 3rd , im home for the holidays and will back at the shop then,  248 722 2384 cell ,shop 507 263 2471,
i can possible see if we have an nos kit i can sell you, also, contact bossncj above post, he has the complete 3 set in stock last time i contacted him, i recommend to step up and purchase the complete set of 3 kits, extras are allways nice to have on hand, money well spent, i checked a couple of sources and was surprised to find no one makes argent lower rocker kit,i have used some of the aftermarket kits and were completely disapointed in quality and in  paper backer they use, also,for example, the difference in font size for the ram air decals on the hood, not even close to the originals,
 Also, we are currently putting together a black boss 351 and would like to know what you used for the argent paint, what was the system and supplier you used,i have another boss 351 project coming up and need to know , is a grabber blue boss,  
 are you pleased and was it succesful results?
                   bob wilson aka bobboss351 ,
RJ RESTORATIONS
701 FIRST STREET
SUITE B
FARMINGTON MN
Bob Wilson
1 651 485 9832,
1 651 460 4080

bobboss351@gmail.com, perferred, RECOMMENDED, have access on phone,

bobboss351@charter.net

Offline boss1ncj

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 07:36:28 am »
Michael/Bob,
Sorry, I goofed on the lower stripe kit number, it's D1ZZ-M,(not -A).  I have one of the Ford lower kits in argent, but none of the side stripes or "BOSS" kits.  I only have the full sets of decals in black.  If interested you can reach me at 520-531-1275 or boss1ncj@msn.com
Happy New Year,
Bruce