Author Topic: Speaking of Boss 302 Mavericks...  (Read 2311 times)

Offline gsjohnson

• Needs A Job
Speaking of Boss 302 Mavericks...
« on: March 19, 2003, 05:35:53 pm »
Check this out...ebay item #2407989557. Maybe someone can make it so you can just click it on. Not much of a computer guru. There are some very rare Boss pieces on this car! check it out. The car is #15 off of the assembly line & was supplied by Ford. If anybody remembers, many Mavericks received Boss motor transplants for all kinds of racing.

Offline 0F02G109403

• Needs A Job

Mark/San Diego

Offline Bossboy302

• No Life
  • Pushing to tech-1971
Boss Mavericks ???
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 07:47:48 pm »
I vaguely remember a magazine article back in the '70's, and there was an article about a "Hoss 302". I think it was Ak Miller who'd lubed up a Maverick engine bay and slid in a Boss 302. He'd added some suspension upgrades and described great joy in blowing off 911's in the L.A. canyons. It even had 'Hoss 302' side stripes.

Offline JimH9F02G186570

• No Life
    • http://mysite.verizon.net/res135km9/index.htm
speaking of boss 302 mavericks...
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 08:05:38 pm »
That's a nice piece of history.  I could drool over it all day.  Can't believe it still has the manual box in it!

Offline Carl

• Needs A Job
Quite nice, and nostalgic too.
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 08:10:31 pm »
Maverick or not, you have to admit that would be a sweet ride to pull up to the local cruise night in.  Not to mention the joy of shuffling through all those parts six or seven times.
  No, my otherwise understanding SWMBO probably wouldn't understand me adding that to the stable.

Carl
Carl
'70 Boss 302
'70 M-Code Vert w/ Shaker
'85 1C SVO
'01 Cobra
'02 Excursion (7.3l)
'04 Expedition
'06 Mazda Speed6

Offline bosscougars

• Needs A Job
Boss Maverick
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2003, 08:47:59 pm »
Hey GS, how much do you think it would cost? Maybe we should all chip in and buy it. It could be the fastest Boss 302 0n the planet.

Offline JimH9F02G186570

• No Life
    • http://mysite.verizon.net/res135km9/index.htm
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2003, 08:30:30 am »
Maybe the quickest but with 4.86 gears, not the fastest, I think.

Offline gsjohnson

• Needs A Job
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2003, 10:05:46 am »
I have several old Hot Rod magazines depicting Boss 302 engined Mavericks. 4 of the cars including the one on ebay were semi factory efforts, thus the low VIN on that Maverick. They were all given to certain sucessful drag racers in 1969 just prior to the 70 Maverick introduction kick off. I'll bet all 4 of these Mavericks had special order #s on their door data plates. There were several more privateer efforts as well. This Boss Maverick was a 4 year record holder & is probably worth every bit of $20,000, especially with all those nostalgia Boss engine pieces. Who could forget Stripper II, this was the  Boss Maverick that was a semi factory effort. The car was built by Bob McNall & Lou Williams, both Ford engineers, with an engine set back that was designed by Doug Nash. It ran in C gas & blew the doors off of everybody back then, consistantly turning in the 10 second range. No NOS, No turbo, No Super charger, just a home built(Ford Engineered)injectors that was a one off piece at the time.
Frank-I think this would be a good cat to add to your collection, as your really into the Drag Racing thing! What's the wife gonna say? LOL

Offline fordflashback

• Cool Newbie
    • http://dearbornflashback.com
Re: speaking of boss 302 mavericks...
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 06:15:38 pm »
I have several old Hot Rod magazines depicting Boss 302 engined Mavericks. 4 of the cars including the one on ebay were semi factory efforts, thus the low VIN on that Maverick. They were all given to certain sucessful drag racers in 1969 just prior to the 70 Maverick introduction kick off. I'll bet all 4 of these Mavericks had special order #s on their door data plates. There were several more privateer efforts as well. This Boss Maverick was a 4 year record holder & is probably worth every bit of $20,000, especially with all those nostalgia Boss engine pieces. Who could forget Stripper II, this was the  Boss Maverick that was a semi factory effort. The car was built by Bob McNall & Lou Williams, both Ford engineers, with an engine set back that was designed by Doug Nash. It ran in C gas & blew the doors off of everybody back then, consistantly turning in the 10 second range. No NOS, No turbo, No Super charger, just a home built(Ford Engineered)injectors that was a one off piece at the time.
Frank-I think this would be a good cat to add to your collection, as your really into the Drag Racing thing! What's the wife gonna say? LOL

I'm looking for any and all photos of McNall's Maverick. Thx!

Offline tysonstark

Re: Speaking of Boss 302 Mavericks...
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 07:14:51 pm »
Is the listing already over? 

Offline 9F02G196848

• Global Moderator
  • Needs A Job
    • http://www.boss302.com
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 07:47:02 pm »
It's been over for about 8 years.

Some one has been diggin up coffins.

Offline tysonstark

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 07:52:25 pm »
It's been over for about 8 years.

Some one has been diggin up coffins.

Just now seen the year.  :D

Offline gsjohnson

• Needs A Job
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 07:30:43 am »

I'm looking for any and all photos of McNall's Maverick. Thx!
I would have to dig deep, but I'm sure I have the Hot Rod Mag article as well as some pics the seller had given me...although the car had morph'd quite a bit by then. I passed on the car because I felt it would require a rebody to get it back to its' original as raced condition. It had been modified so many times, it was pretty far from its' original state.  Did you end up buying the car??

Offline JackDiesel

• No Life
    • Christiana Muscle Cars, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 02:17:54 pm »
Hey GS Johnson I haven't seen you post in a long time!  Good to hear from you on here!

Offline fordflashback

• Cool Newbie
    • http://dearbornflashback.com
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 07:24:50 pm »

I would have to dig deep, but I'm sure I have the Hot Rod Mag article as well as some pics the seller had given me...although the car had morph'd quite a bit by then. I passed on the car because I felt it would require a rebody to get it back to its' original as raced condition. It had been modified so many times, it was pretty far from its' original state.  Did you end up buying the car??

My buddy talked to the current owner the other night, but he didn't get a good idea of what kind of shape it's in now. Maybe you could elaborate on that? Whether or not a deal is made, we would like to find any photos, articles, info, etc. on the car. I'd really appreciate any help you could give. I'll send you a pm with more details....Ron

Btw, my buddy road races a Mustang (Boss block) and has multiple A/Sedan national championships!

This shot popped up yesterday on facebook.......