Author Topic: Another phony baloney distributor BEWARE!  (Read 21724 times)

Offline 10w30dna

• www.428cobrajetcars.homestead.com
Re: Another phony baloney distributor BEWARE!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 05:33:11 am »
I agree there are more important things to ID than distributors........  no sense stopping with a convienence store robbery, let's get all them crooks! Let's see those other items you mention and learn about them.. Thanks!  Glad you are willing to help out.

Offline Hawkrod

• Needs A Job
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 09:00:43 am »
I understand Hawk, but why limit the Boss police to distributors? Carbs, shaker bases, heat shields and snorkels, exhaust manifolds, Smog, Autolite shocks fall into same catagory and most are more valuable than a distributor. A distributor is a simple bolt on part that is easily changed. Seems like someone has an agenda on distributors? I can think of more important things to ID in the Boss 302 registry than how to spot a fake distributor? For example: how to ID Ford's four versions of Boss 302 valve covers and three versions of BOSS 302 stickers used on the valve covers? I get bored seeing distributor warnings on every concours forum.
I agree if you are talking about fakes meant to defraud people. I have not seen carbs, air cleaners, heat shields etc... marketed that way by the manufacturer. There are people taking the repro's and trying to pass them off as originals but we post those when they happen as well. The problem here is a couple of guys specifically committing fraud with intent. The issue has nothing to do with repro parts marketed as such, it is the guys selling stuff as something that it is not. As to your other point, if you want to do it then go for it but don't blast people because they stepped up and you did not. Sorry your bored, maybe you need a new hobby because I am sure I will continue posting about fake air cleaners and snorkels every time I see one and I am also sure that other memebers will keep posting about fake distributors when they see them. As far as valve covers go, why not just step up and offer to add to the valve cover ID page? http://www.boss302.com/vcover.htm Hawkrod
Hawkrod

39 Ford Deluxe Coupe
59 Tbird 430
60 Lincoln Premier
(2)62 Tbirds
(3)68 Cougar XR7-G's
69 Cougar 428CJ 4 speed
77 1/2 Ford F250 4X4 w/460 swap
86 SVO mustang
76 F250 Crew Cab
1969 Mach I
look at my cars past and present at superford!

Offline droptopboss

• PT Group
70 W code matching #s 0F02G200162
70 droptop B2 in the front Shelby in the back

Offline polyglas

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 11:01:10 am »
I understand Hawk, but why limit the Boss police to distributors? Carbs, shaker bases, heat shields and snorkels, exhaust manifolds, Smog, Autolite shocks fall into same catagory and most are more valuable than a distributor. A distributor is a simple bolt on part that is easily changed. Seems like someone has an agenda on distributors? I can think of more important things to ID in the Boss 302 registry than how to spot a fake distributor? For example: how to ID Ford's four versions of Boss 302 valve covers and three versions of BOSS 302 stickers used on the valve covers? I get bored seeing distributor warnings on every concours forum.

I agree if you are talking about fakes meant to defraud people. I have not seen carbs, air cleaners, heat shields etc... marketed that way by the manufacturer. There are people taking the repro's and trying to pass them off as originals but we post those when they happen as well. The problem here is a couple of guys specifically committing fraud with intent. Sorry your bored, maybe you need a new hobby' Hawkrod

Hawk you need to take your head outa the sand. Is the guy who makes the Boss 302 shaker base and exhaust manifolds honest when he indictes he found 6 of them at the Columbus swap meet every two weeks? Nearly every vender who sells jippo Boss 302 smog , brackets , pulleys etc. fails to mention its a repop in a cleaver manor. You have to waterboard them to get them to spit out that dirty word REPRODUCTION. You know as well as I we could cover this web page exposing fraudulent ads misrepresenting Boss Cars, Parts & Services advertised on the Web, numerous on this site alone. Hawk, I don't consider posting on internet chat sites a hobby as you apparrently do, it's the repetitive worthless info bores me! I also believe most of the readers on this site are much more informed than you give them credit.

Offline GGBAAS

• No Life
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/689921
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 11:03:18 am »
We need a section for sellers that knowingly sell fakes.  This could include sellers that knowingly try and pass off repops as originals.  There is nothing wrong with repops, just be honest.
Dearborn, 1970 April build

Offline BOSS 429

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 11:17:45 am »
Hope nobody here is bidding on this. Hole where primary wire enters is in wrong location and the area around the stamped numbers has been altered,as the vacuum advance numbers have been ground down/restamped w/ X12. Heads up.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-69-70-1970-Mustang-Boss-302-distributor-RESTORED_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c1038e695QQitemZ120531248789QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories here is a "refresher course" on spotting a fake. 
Do you offer a rebuilding service? I would like to have my 428 CJ dist. rebuilt, and calibrated. (as in spun, and advance springs, Vac set etc. not just cosmetic).
Current Mustangs:
64.5 D Code Black Coupe
65 C Code Ivy Green Coupe
68 GT500KR  Candyapple Red Fastback 4SPD
70 BOSS 429 Grabber Blue KK2169
71 Mach 1 Light Pewter
86 Jalapeno Red GT
91 Saleen convert #95 Emerald Green.
2003 Cobra SVT convert Sonic Blue
2007 Shelby GT500 Black
2009 Mustang V6 (wife's car!)

Offline Hawkrod

• Needs A Job
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 11:47:12 am »

I agree if you are talking about fakes meant to defraud people. I have not seen carbs, air cleaners, heat shields etc... marketed that way by the manufacturer. There are people taking the repro's and trying to pass them off as originals but we post those when they happen as well. The problem here is a couple of guys specifically committing fraud with intent. Sorry your bored, maybe you need a new hobby' Hawkrod

Hawk you need to take your head outa the sand. Is the guy who makes the Boss 302 shaker base and exhaust manifolds honest when he indictes he found 6 of them at the Columbus swap meet every two weeks? Nearly every vender who sells jippo Boss 302 smog , brackets , pulleys etc. fails to mention its a repop in a cleaver manor. You have to waterboard them to get them to spit out that dirty word REPRODUCTION. You know as well as I we could cover this web page exposing fraudulent ads misrepresenting Boss Cars, Parts & Services advertised on the Web, numerous on this site alone. Hawk, I don't consider posting on internet chat sites a hobby as you apparrently do, it's the repetitive worthless info bores me! I also believe most of the readers on this site are much more informed than you give them credit.
Sorry, I guess it is you who needs to take his head out of the sand. These posts have helped a lot of members here who were bidding on fakes and had already bought fakes so we know it helps and that has already been proven. The fact that you do not need the heads up is apparent but there are others who do need the help. The fact that you are so against helping people with less knowledge causes me to wonder, are you one of the guys selling fakes as the real deal? Why else would you be so annoyed? You are not forced to read these threads or be involved in them in any way. The thread title was plain and clear so it was not as if you were mislead into opening the post. You had to open the post because you were interested, is it a vested interest? The only reason I can possibly imagine you would complain about it is you are trying to stop people from warning others. It really looks rather odd now that I think more on your posts and your motives certainly now have me concerned. Hawkrod
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 12:03:27 pm by Hawkrod »
Hawkrod

39 Ford Deluxe Coupe
59 Tbird 430
60 Lincoln Premier
(2)62 Tbirds
(3)68 Cougar XR7-G's
69 Cougar 428CJ 4 speed
86 SVO mustang
76 F250 Crew Cab
1969 Mach I

Offline Wiking John

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 11:51:58 am »
These posts have helped a lot of members here who were bidding on fakes and had already bought fakes so we know it helps and that has already been proven.

+1

John

Offline polyglas

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 12:28:26 pm »

Sorry, I guess it is you who needs to take his head out of the sand. These posts have helped a lot of members here who were bidding on fakes and had already bought fakes so we know it helps and that has already been proven. The fact that you do not need the heads up is apparent but there are others who do need the help. The fact that you are so against helping people with less knowledge causes me to wonder, are you one of the guys selling fakes as the real deal? Why else would you be so annoyed? You are not forced to read these threads or be involved in them in any way. The thread title was plain and clear so it was not as if you were mislead into opening the post. You had to open the post because you were interested, is it a vested interest? The only reason I can possibly imagine you would complain about it is you are trying to stop people from warning others. It really looks rather odd now that I think more on your posts and your motives certainly now have me concerned. Hawkrod

G-Rod ;D ;D , Apparently your dumber than I thought if you think I "hawk" jippo crap. I believe that is your claim to fame. You need to reread the post G-Man.How many counterfit air cleaner parts have you supplied to the jippo venders? You stated you were not aware of manufactures who misrepresenet their jippo parts. BULL $#!+!

Offline Hawkrod

• Needs A Job
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 03:03:02 pm »

G-Rod ;D ;D , Apparently your dumber than I thought if you think I "hawk" jippo crap. I believe that is your claim to fame. You need to reread the post G-Man.How many counterfit air cleaner parts have you supplied to the jippo venders? You stated you were not aware of manufactures who misrepresenet their jippo parts. BULL $#!+!
Very nice, throwing blame? I think I may have been right on the money afterall. It is clear you have no experience with the subject or you would know I have never sold any counterfit parts and you would also know that I cut off my resellers who were modifying reproduction parts to make them appear to be genuine. You need to educate yourself before making false claims and also demanding that people in the hobby stop helping each other. I think we can all see what kind of person you turned out to be and my personal opinion of you is now very low. Hawkrod
Hawkrod

39 Ford Deluxe Coupe
59 Tbird 430
60 Lincoln Premier
(2)62 Tbirds
(3)68 Cougar XR7-G's
69 Cougar 428CJ 4 speed
86 SVO mustang
76 F250 Crew Cab
1969 Mach I

Offline shelbyparts

• No Life
    • http://www.shelbyparts.com
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2010, 03:47:10 pm »
My question is where are all these wide band vaccum advances coming from that have ground off and restamped numbers. They all look to be replated and that takes special tools to get that accomplished.

Offline 69boss

• PT Group
  • No Life

Offline BOSS-STANG

• Needs A Job
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 08:15:26 am »
Looks like he swapped out the vacuum advance. The previous auction of this distributor had a cad plated advance. This one looks painted and the X12 stamping area doesn't look
whizzed.  ???

Offline GGBAAS

• No Life
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/689921
Dearborn, 1970 April build

Offline fastmerc

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 05:55:17 pm »
Actually, this one looks like it may be real!  note that the hole for the wire is closer to the clip retaining bosses....and the area around the numbers seems to have some patina to it.....  Maybe Mr seller is getting tired of all the crap on this forum?????  Are you reading this????   

As for dealing with his "fake" real auctions, just report it to ebay as bogus. They'll take them down......  If enough people keep doing this, perhaps he'll get the message.  Same with the rest of the folks.....

fm
Boss 302 is a lot quieter when you sit in front of it!!