Author Topic: NewEnglanders  (Read 5241 times)

Offline brightgoldboss

• No Life
NewEnglanders
« on: March 14, 2010, 08:10:07 am »
   Who's planning to drive out from here ?   I am going to make it a two day drive from Milford, Ma.  Want to enjoy the journey!         Jim

Offline MY302

• Cool Newbie
Re: NewEnglanders
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 12:13:18 pm »
I am planning to go at this point. Live in Amherst, MA. Maybe we can get a small group together and meet along the Mass Pike to form a caravan?

Offline brightgoldboss

• No Life
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 07:31:37 am »
      Great!   That's what it is All About.   A Road Trip in a  41 / 42  year old piece of History is Amazing,  you don't even need a radio!
   Do you have other Boss friends in your area?      Jim Cenedella

Offline 428cj

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 04:47:02 pm »
I'm from Vermont and thinking about going but,I was going to trailer mine out.

Rob
em

Offline brightgoldboss

• No Life
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 07:31:50 am »
    Hi  Rob,
   Back in the spring of  2005  I gave a lot of thought to  trailering / driving.
  I  got the boss eng. in better shape [ pulled the heads & changed the valves ] and  Drove it !
  That was the best part of going there for me.
   This time I will pull the eng. and go through it,  along with the trans. & rearend.
   I guess the decision was about driving the car with the  Original eng. being in it, and the chance of something failing.  Anything  stock, like the Weak  original valves and springs  can fail.  So  I decided to put the new valves in and Run with it!
   Nice to meet you, I hope we can  Hook up for the Road Trip,  Jim

Offline 428cj

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 06:47:18 pm »
 As it gets closer I'm sure we will have more people going, I know of three Boss 2's here in Vermont.

Rob
em

Offline brightgoldboss

• No Life
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 06:07:53 am »
     Great!   What do we have for colors ?
   That's  two  more than what was delivered to Vermont in 1970!  If I remember right, and the facts were correct,  only  1  B2 was originally delivered to Vermont.                                                     Jim

Offline 428cj

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 07:03:17 am »
I know of,

1970 yellow, mine,

1970 red

1969 yellow

The 1969 was sold new to the same owner I think.

I know that a grabber blue 430 car was sold new to a guy who drag raced it from new.

Rob
em

Offline brightgoldboss

• No Life
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 07:43:16 am »
    Maybe the cars were purchased from another nearby state ?  or,  maybe the facts from the  B2 newsletter were wrong ?  I still have the n. letter somewhere.
  Is your yellow Boss a  D paint code ?       Jim

Offline BOSSNCOBRA

• No Life
    • https://imageshack.com/i/f01ThBR9jhttp://http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/bossncobra/media/Canadathefullmoonandmyherd032_zpse351ac7f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=11s1166.photobucket.com/user/bossncobra/slideshow/
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 01:50:32 pm »
Northwest PA here, will you guys be coming over I 90 on your way to Detroit? If so, I may join your caravan. If we get some NY guys we could end up with a pretty large caravan of Bosses. Truck stop at my exit with the best price on gas, good place to meet.
Head Technical Inspector and Pacecar Driver.
  Lake Erie Speedway
 Nascar Weekly series.{IMG

Offline CK

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 03:07:50 pm »
I am outside Buffalo and will be getting on I-90 at exit 48, heading west.  Not sure if I'll be driving or trailering, at this point.  Would like to hook up with more to caravan with.  Not sure when I am leaving, alot will depend on what pre events will be going on, health, work, etc.  I know Randy and gang will have some GREAT things planned, so I'm  confident I will be there for all days.  I can't wait until Aug.  Been looking forward to this since attending Carlisle in 2005.

Craig Kroldart
original owner
1970 Boss 302 - Grabber Green
ckroldar@rochester.rr.com
1970 Grabber Green Boss 302 - original owner

Offline 1966GTA

• Cool Newbie
Boss Reunion 2011
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 11:27:28 am »
Hello All, Lisa Leathery here.  Just wanted to let you know that I am helping Randy with the 2011 Boss Reunion plans. I will soon be posting information on the host hotel.  We are getting a good rate from THE HENRY.  As soon as all is confirmed I will post information necessary for booking at the special group rate.  I am looking forward to attending the Reunion.  I got a look at a few of the new Boss 302s. Ford had several models on display during the Barrett Jackson auction.  Stay tuned for the hotel confirmation.   

Offline carnut

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 08:49:02 pm »
Hello New Englanders!  Have you got a route picked out?  I'm in buffalo and planning to cross Canada, hooking up with the Ontario Caravan.  I drove to Carlisle with them back in 2005.

Offline dhillman73

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 07:23:27 pm »
Hi

I'm I guess what you call a newbie.  Just purchased a nice unrestored original paint 50K mile 0F.  I'm in Vermont and see that there are others from Vermont so would be interested in connecting.  I've also have 3 unrestored / original '73 mustangs so am a bit out of my element when it comes to 70's and especially the boss.  Doing a lot of reading though.  The more I read the more I realize what a special car this is.  Give a shout back !