Author Topic: 1969-1970 Mustang Fold Down Rear Seat Parts  (Read 3275 times)

Offline BossinWaiting

• Needs A Job
1969-1970 Mustang Fold Down Rear Seat Parts
« on: June 17, 2010, 02:21:22 pm »
 When I decided to add a fold down to my car (no fastback/sportsroof looks right to me without one), I bought quite a few complete setups in order to get the elusive "perfect" set.  In any event, this snowballed where at one point I had 15 full setups. In order to thin the herd, I started refurbishing some parts and selling them on ebay.  In any event, I kept the best pieces which I am now looking to sell.  Unless otherwise noted, these are all original pieces and shipping is additional.

69-70 Original Trap Doors- I have two mint trap doors that I have beadblasted and primed.  One has been painted in the charcoal metallic, but I can take that off if you desire.  Both have mint grain patterns and no dings on the front.  If I recall correctly, there is minimal to no pitting on the backside (facing trunk) which is difficult to find because they often did not put a full coat of paint on the back.  These are not the currently available Dynacrap repops which have a grain pattern which is not even close to factory.  I have one if you want pictures.  Included with the trap door is a set of original hinges which have also been beadblasted.  $375 One remaining, One Sold

69-70 Repop Trap Door – This is one of the Dynacrap pieces as noted above.  It is fine for a driver Mustang I suppose, but I wouldn’t use it on a Boss. Bare trap door (no hinges)  $180

69-70 Repop Trap Door Latch Catch – These mount on the third (furthest back) panel where it sticks into the trunk (under trap door).  This is what the trap door latches to when it is closed.  Excellent reproduction which is already plated and ready to go $10 -NPD sells them for $24

69-70 Original Trap Door Prop Rods- I have quite a few original prop rods which I have beadblasted and some of those I had replated.  You can take your pick for $45

Original Fold down Latches – I have roughly four or five pairs.  At least two pairs have almost perfect chrome on the striker pieces and the others may have some slight imperfections, but above avg.  I would consider the chrome on the bats as very nice to above avg.  Most of the metal bodies have been replated,  but I can give you ones that have only been beadblasted if you want.  The latches have been disassembled, cleaned, regreased and new rubber bumpers put on.  The reproductions, up until recently, did not have chromed striker pieces as they are cad plated  $75/pr for the best pieces  and $60/pr for the next grade down.

Prs. Of Original Fiberglass Latch Cover Trim Panels- I have quite a few sets in various conditions, but most are way above the norm as I was keeping the best pieces.  Most have some minor chip or crack, but above avg and repairable.  Given the range of condition, The price will vary as well from $150-$250/pr

Original Fiberglass PanelsAbove Trapdoor – I have quite a few, most of these are very nice, and any imperfections are usually in the areas hidden by the trap door (ie. cracks where they are pop riveted to the body).  Prices vary from $100-$150.  

Repop Clips and Brackets for the Fiberglass Panel above Trap Door-My friend and I reproduce these.  The clips are black rather than green and the clips are bare (as opposed to painted black), but they are functionally correct.  These are the same items you buy from the large Mustang vendors as they get them from us.  Brackets are $18.00 for a set of six.  Clips are $49.95 for a set of six.  These are less than the vendors sell them for, but if you buy both, I can sell them for $62.50.  

Original Clips and Brackets for the Fiberglass Panel above Trap Door-I have a limited supply of used, original clips and brackets that I will sell for as a set (I won’t sell clips separate from brackets). $110 for a set of six clips & six brackets

Pr. Of Rechromed Side Trim for Front L Panel – I had a couple prs. of mint, side trim pieces rechromed.  These go on the sides of the front L shaped panel of the three panel setup  These are the pieces for late 68-70 fold downs which have the recessed latch holes.  They were done by Pauls’ Chrome in Ohio and cost me $115/side ignoring the cost of the trim itself.  The reproduction trim is decent, but quality differs by box - $215/pr One Pair Remaing, One Sold .

Pr. Of Rechromed Latch Covers for Above Side Trim -
I had a couple prs.  rechromed.  These cover the latch hole on the trim above.  These are correct for 67-70 fold downs regardless of whether they have or don’t have the recessed latch holes.  They were done by Pauls’ Chrome in Ohio and cost me $60/side ignoring the cost of the trim itself.  The reproduction of these is awful - $100/pr.

On the fiberglass panels, let me know what condition you are looking for and I will take some pics of what I have with pricing.  If there is anything else I am not listing, let me know what you are looking for and I will see if I can help.  
Thanks!
Bob
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:23:01 am by BossinWaiting »

6S1114

Offline McKeever

• Needs A Job
Re: 1969-1970 Mustang Fold Down Rear Seat Parts
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 05:04:31 pm »
You are my Hero...
Seems I buy at least three of everything in term's of the search for the "highly elusive perfect part".
Your prices seem very fair.

Owned my BOSS since March 1974.
0F02G154740 Dearborn 1-16-70
Official "Jackhole and bully"

1955 Ford 2 door Ranch Wagon my 1st car at 13 years old.
1971 Torino 500 351C
1970 BOSS 302
1972 Grand Torino 351C
1974 Cougar XR7 400M
1982 5.0 Mustang GT bought new 1st New Car
1989 5.0 Mustang GT bought new 2nd New Car
1996 5.0 Ford Explorer

Offline MD69Boss

• Needs A Job
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 11:27:43 am »
Adding a fold down rear seat is one of my long term goals for my Boss.
It looks, and sounds like you have done quite a bit of research on what parts are needed to put together a complete 'set' for the transformation.
Is it possible for you to list the parts list, as you understand it, here for both 69 and 70 for a fold down rear seat conversion?
That way, others can provide feedback on what is missing, redundant, etc...

Tall order for a request, I know, but you sure would be helping others out that may be considering going down the same path...
Self serving, I know, thanks in advance!   ;)

Offline BossinWaiting

• Needs A Job
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 02:26:56 pm »
Adding a fold down rear seat is one of my long term goals for my Boss.
It looks, and sounds like you have done quite a bit of research on what parts are needed to put together a complete 'set' for the transformation.
Is it possible for you to list the parts list, as you understand it, here for both 69 and 70 for a fold down rear seat conversion?
That way, others can provide feedback on what is missing, redundant, etc...

Tall order for a request, I know, but you sure would be helping others out that may be considering going down the same path...
Self serving, I know, thanks in advance!   ;)
Not a problem.  I have added them to cars and taken them out.
You need:
-The three carpeted metal fold down panels with associated chrome trim - NOTE:the middle panel/seatback and hinge (not the chrome piano hinge) are the same as the rear seat back on a non-folddown/stationary seat sportsroof.  However, the hinge is not functional per se when used on the stationary seat.  That is to say that it is not used as a hinge, but is just used to secure the bottom of the seat back to the floor

-The two latches (one per side and they are R & L) which hold the seatback in place when the seat is up (the brackets for same are on all sportsroofs)

-The two fiberglass trim panels which go over the latches and are rear of the large interior qtr trim panels which are on all sportsroofs.

-The trap door

-Pr. of trap door Hinges

-trap door latch mechanism

-trap door prop rod

-trap door prop rod bracket (Holds prop rod in place when trap door is opened) mounted to pass side decklid hinge bracket in trunk (holes are in all sportsroofs)

-fiberglass trim panel which goes above trap door

-six brackets and clips that hold trap door trim panel in place (holes for brackets are already there for all sportsroofs) NOTE: the six brackets are not all the same as the two outside brackets are narrower than the other four inner ones.  The six clips are al the same

-All the associated screws, rivets, nuts & bolts

HTH

6S1114

Offline MD69Boss

• Needs A Job
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 04:48:25 pm »
Wow!

Thanks a lot, that helps quite a bit, actually!
Best of luck with the sale of your parts!

Dana

Offline nitro520

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 06:47:02 pm »
Sent pm :)

Offline BossinWaiting

• Needs A Job
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 10:24:23 am »
Revised prices & items.  Thanks!

6S1114