Author Topic: Needing pictures of linkage for SK Dominator set up  (Read 5594 times)

Offline tysonstark

Needing pictures of linkage for SK Dominator set up
« on: January 25, 2011, 04:19:04 pm »
Anyone got pictures of an original linkage on a SK intake and dominator set up. Going on this set-up eventually.

Offline tysonstark

Re: Needing pictures of linkage for SK Dominator set up
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 04:20:15 pm »

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 05:17:21 pm »
Tyson,
I have several pictures of different linkage. I'll find a couple of good ones and post.
John

Offline tysonstark

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 05:50:21 pm »
Thanks John!

Tyson

Offline gt350hr

• Needs A Job
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 08:27:16 pm »
   An Enderle linkage kit for a Cleveland tunnel ram is a starting point,
        Randy
'66 GT350H (6S477)1of 18 white w/blue side stripes - drag raced mostly w / Boss 302 power for 35+ years
68.5 Cobra Jet fb  white w/blue c stripe 4spd
sorry never owned a Boss car just engines
cover Car Craft July '77 with my Boss powered GT350
cover/article Mustang Illustrated Fall 1987 w/all aluminum SK 351 Cleveland powered Mustang II
cover /article Modified Mustangs Feb 2011
cover Mustang Monthly  June 2014

Offline TACoupe

• flickr
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 09:17:22 pm »
   An Enderle linkage kit for a Cleveland tunnel ram is a starting point,
        Randy

I believe that's what Rich R used on one of the cars he restored.

Roy

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 10:01:07 pm »
Tyson,
Sorry for the delay but I have thousands of images and it took a little time to find these.
John

Offline gt350hr

• Needs A Job
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 09:11:32 am »
    Thanks John,
        The shots on the stand are of the "Tope" car's engine at T.O.E. where the engine was built and the linkage was "tuned up" by Tony Oddo Jr using many original pieces made by Don Araki (Shelby '69 T/A team member).
     The "in car" shots are the Kar Kraft prototype (073) car with a more current setup made again by Don Araki. The first "linkage Ford used was a dual cable setup that was not reliable.
     Randy
'66 GT350H (6S477)1of 18 white w/blue side stripes - drag raced mostly w / Boss 302 power for 35+ years
cover/article Mustang Illustrated Fall 1987 w/all aluminum SK 351 Cleveland powered Mustang II

Offline tysonstark

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 01:54:04 pm »
Thanks for all the pictures guys!

Tyson

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 08:10:45 pm »
    Thanks John,
        The shots on the stand are of the "Tope" car's engine at T.O.E. where the engine was built and the linkage was "tuned up" by Tony Oddo Jr using many original pieces made by Don Araki (Shelby '69 T/A team member).
     The "in car" shots are the Kar Kraft prototype (073) car with a more current setup made again by Don Araki. The first "linkage Ford used was a dual cable setup that was not reliable.
     Randy

Randy,
The cable linkage is what Don Araki, told me led to the fatality at Michigan Speedway, He also told me that Bud Moore continued to use the cable set up for a while after that.
You know Don Araki very well, He gave me more insight into the Trans Am Racing of the Boss Cars in one afternoon than all the books ever written. I need to get in touch with you soon.

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 08:12:08 pm »
Thanks for all the pictures guys!

Tyson

Tyson,
There were other versions of the linkage that I had pictures of, but I wouldn't waste time on the others. Don Araki's stuff was the best.

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 08:14:08 am »
Randy,
Correct me if I'm wrong the Tope carburetors were reworked 6214s. The external bleed tubes have been raised as were the sand cast carburetors. Was this done on the Tope/T.O.E. Carburetors for cosmetic "make them appear as sandcast reasons" or is it another key to functionality? Were the original 6214 bleeds not correct for the application? I'm still turning over leaves in old pictures for answers.
John

Offline wannabeboss

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 08:32:11 am »
You can get bell cranks from Kinsler (page 68 of their catalog).  They have a few different arm lengths to choose from. 

I can't use a bell crank system on my dual throttle body, efi setup.  The fuel rails are in the way.  Randy or John, do you have pictures, or information, of the original cable system brackets?  I have only been able to find one picture and it doesn't show much detail.

Anthony   

Offline gt350hr

• Needs A Job
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 12:49:33 pm »
         John,
        I extended the air bleeds on the 6214's for John to match the "actual" sand cast carbs on Phil's car pictured above. (He got them from me) 1 of those two has "car#2" scratched on the float bowl in '69 by Araki! The air bleeds were raised because "back in the day" the dirt and trash sucked in though the "ram air" hoses would accumulate on top of the stock air bleeds and stall the engine at idle or off throttle conditions. Holley came up with the fix in '69 and retrofitted the longer bleeds. I just copied what was on them. The carbs on Phil's car (shown in the pictures) were eventually replaced with a set of 6214's modified to John's specs by T. O. E. as the original sand casts could not be corrected enough to meet current power and driveability requirements. Sometimes original isn't best. ( Phil found out the hard way)

Anthony
         The cable throttle was so short lived that little remains except for some early press shots. It used simple cable brackets (similar to stock) and the other end attached to the firewall. A special "T" shape tab was attached to the top of a stock gas pedal for the cable ends to attach to . It was not a well thought out system and was replaced with mechanical linkage similar to the above pictures. (The major difference was tubular steel linkage pieces instead of aluminum hex.
      Randy

Offline wannabeboss

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 09:02:56 pm »
Randy,

Thank you for the reply.  That was helpful.  I just sent you a PM.

Anthony