Author Topic: Decor wiring question/help needed.  (Read 1557 times)

Offline JBurkey

• Cool Newbie
Decor wiring question/help needed.
« on: April 05, 2011, 08:28:39 pm »
I am down to one final wiring issue/question and cannot find an answer in any wiring diagrams I can find.  The cougar has the decor group option with the lower door courtesy light.  i believe the door harness is the same as an XR7.  The door harness accomodates both the courtesyt light and a door speaker.  since the car has only an AM radio the speaker plug are mute.  The dash harness is a standard cougar (eliminator) harness.   Does anyone have a diagram or able to enlighten  me on how to connect the door harness end to the dash harness?  The ground is easy but the courtesy light I'm just not sure of, want it right before I put the dash in.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Jim Burkey

Offline Wembley

Re: Decor wiring question/help needed.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 12:22:56 am »

This doesn't help you much, but the Eliminator harness is the XR-7 harness as it accomodates the tach.  Another thing is the XR-7 door harness has an extra wire with a female spade end for the 'door ajar' light.

Offline JBurkey

• Cool Newbie
Re: Decor wiring question/help needed.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:57:06 am »
Found the answer.  Thanks Wembley for the reply.  Loosened the harness and found the terminal rolled into the harness.  Problem solved. JBurkey