Author Topic: Texas caravan  (Read 12475 times)

Offline 0F02G117160

Re: Texas caravan
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2011, 09:24:45 am »
Elvis, if you want to come up through Dallas on a more eastern route, here's what I would suggest.  In general, I would avoid I635 which has substantial construction (on the north side) and is the primary east/west traffic route.  I would also avoid Stemmons Freeway which cuts through downtown due to heavy construction underway there as well.

I-35N to I-35E (just north of Hillsboro)

I-35E to I-20 East (this is the south side of the loop around Dallas)

I-20 to I-45 North

I-45 North to US 75 North  (I-45 turns into US 75)

If this is the route you will take, I can meet you at Exit 7 (Royal Lane and I-75).  There is McDonalds and large movie theatre parking lot just past the intersection of Royal and I-75 on the north east corner.

I'll call you later today to talk more.

Tim

Offline elvis

• No Life
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 08:15:37 pm »
As of now 8/8 , 9 pm Crazy Horse made it home to Tulsa, left Sunday after his award and stayed in Indy that night.  Tim and I are in the middle of Missouri -660 miles today, almost halfway home.  Left Detroit this morning @ 6. Tim also got an award, One more day of this and we will hopefully be at our homes.  Good luck on the drive so far..knock on plastic. 
That was worth the trip ...all events were on my bucket list, tour at the plant was amazing to me.  Mustangs and Mazda 6 cars on the same assembly line same workers building both as they come.  The track banks were amazing...we just needed to go faster...sigh.  Roush had so much history hiding in there, the car show was huge, no rain at the show.  Met great people and saw a part of the country I had never seen.  Our Ford diesel trucks are troopers- hauling our cars and us with no problems so far.  When we got Brad in Tulsa on the 2nd it was 114 and a low of 89 that night, both records for that day.  I was amazed we didn't lose any trailer tires. 
Will post some pics when we get somewhere.later........sleeeeeep......

Offline David189412

• No Life
    • Walmer's Garage
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 11:37:40 am »
Elvis, great to meet you at the reuion.
lug nuts and cross boss
David

Offline 9F02G196848

• Global Moderator
  • Needs A Job
    • http://www.boss302.com
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 02:23:12 pm »
Elvis,

Thanks for the beer gift! Will check it out this weekend.

Randy

Offline ASedan

• Needs A Job
  • Live by the wrench - Die by the checkbook
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 01:11:30 pm »
Hey guys-
I actually just discovered this thread.  I was out this time due to a baby and too many cars "almost done."  It was good to read about your trek and I look forward to hearing more.  I'll definitely be ready to  do something for the 50th or sooner.
Get some sleep.

Dave

Offline CrazyHorse1847

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2011, 03:15:04 pm »
Mike and Tim, It was great to meet you guys.  Thanks for letting me tag along on the treck up to the Nats.  I'll try to get a few pics posted tomorrow. 
1970 Medium Blue Metallic Boss 302
1967 GTA Fastback 
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
2015 Ingot Silver GT