Author Topic: Boss Eliminator for sale  (Read 13579 times)

Offline Team Sho-Air

• No Life
Re: Boss Eliminator for sale
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 09:01:02 am »
  1970 Boss Eliminator- 430\Super Drag Pak\Comp\Gold\(Grabber Orange)-black-close ratio- 4-speed--build sheet\original sticker --original 1970 Owners Manual\Protecto Plate- Eminger\Marti\reports - "-Muscle Car Review" Article- Car---Ertil Cougar Toy\Pattern car-( have rare muscle car review color trading card of this car ) -  One of 12- 1970 Cougar Super Drag Pak Cars known to exist- 9 are" Boss 302 Eliminator Cars"-  accounted for. This car is a piece of" Muscle Car" history $75.000  -402-301-9127- Tim

Can you post some pictures Tim, or maybe a link? Would like to see the car? I will call you today to chat, i am not interested but i know someone who may be.

Scott
1970 Boss 302 Cougar Eliminator, the only confirmed Black Boss 302 made by Ford

Offline 430dragpack

• No Life
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 04:49:55 pm »
Tim,
Where did you get the "original" window sticker and build sheet for 0F91G544281? 

Offline trboss

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 01:55:59 am »
 Both Came with my Car--since the build sheet was under the carpet- it is a smaller reminant-still clearly shows the serial number. I have been out of town-next week end I should have full set of pictures

Offline KK1826

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 07:09:34 pm »
PM sent Tim

Offline trboss

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 06:15:01 am »
What are your questions?

Offline ex2409pilot

• Needs A Job
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 10:19:16 am »
Kind of late to the party here, since I don't check the Cougar section too often, but for what it's worth, I have seen the yellow Eliminator and it is nothing short of amazing. It belongs to forum member "kurt" who like the Hemmings ad states found it not far from Belleville, which is just across the river from St.Louis. I stopped in to see the car about 18 months ago right after Kurt got it cleaned up. If you are looking for a survivor you won't be disappointed. Kurt is a heck of a nice guy and straight shooter.
1970 BOSS 302 - W code
1970 Sportsroof  - SCJ - W code - 4 speed - project
1970 Ranchero GT - 429 - C6

Offline 430dragpack

• No Life
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 11:39:23 am »
You may have found a build sheet, but there wasn't an original window sticker for 0F544281 when you bought it from Roy.  Did you detail the undercarrige, suspension, and engine bay?   Did you get a Boss radiator, fan blade, non-power steering crank pulley, and transmission?  Did you put the other engine block in it?

Offline trboss

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 01:51:23 am »
Yes I have detailed all the undercarrige- suspension and engine bay and have-- and installing all the appropriate parts--this is being done by a Nationally reconized Mustang\Shelby Restoration Company---What you don't know was all the information on the cougar that Roy did not know he had--The engine block is being rebuilt as a spare that comes with the car.I am no novice owner-I have owned a Boss 9 and a Boss 302 and this car is the" Real Deal" any other questions???

Offline 430dragpack

• No Life
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 09:12:37 am »
I am not questioning the car, just the original window sticker.  Its a good, rare car and totally deserves a restoration.  Is Mikes Classic Cars doing the work?   I used to take it to shows and functions several times a year and even stored it in my garage for a while a few years back.  Ive been associated with it for 20+ yrs and never saw the original window sticker.  I have copies of the paperwork since when Dave owned it before Roy.  Can you email me a copy of it for my files?
I cant wait to see it finally finished up, as it should have been long ago!
ceejay302@hotmail.com

Offline Team Sho-Air

• No Life
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 09:14:49 am »
Yes I have detailed all the undercarrige- suspension and engine bay and have-- and installing all the appropriate parts--this is being done by a Nationally reconized Mustang\Shelby Restoration Company---What you don't know was all the information on the cougar that Roy did not know he had--The engine block is being rebuilt as a spare that comes with the car.I am no novice owner-I have owned a Boss 9 and a Boss 302 and this car is the" Real Deal" any other questions???

Sure I have a few, how about disclosing all of this on your post and or add in the first place, when you sell a car like this and ask this kind of money, as you should know not being a novice, documentation is everything. Pictures of the detailing as well as the numbers matching motor that goes with the car are also important. Not trying to be critical, however when you say “original condition, numbers matching, and Cat sports all of its original parts” people assume that the correct motor is in the car, etc. Trust me, I know how rare this car is, I own one, and I have a vested interest in you getting top dollar for the car, in fact I think (as long as all correct stuff is there) your price is low, and I feel that if it went to BJ you would most likely fetch much more! That is of course if all documentation is present and have a clear detailed history of the car. Good luck with the sale, it is an amazing car, hopefully you will end up sending it to BJ as I think it would do very very well, as Cougars or on the come.

1970 Boss 302 Cougar Eliminator, the only confirmed Black Boss 302 made by Ford

Offline 430dragpack

• No Life
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 10:46:56 am »
Team sho-air,
The spare engine is not the original, it is a date code correct block.  It had a D1 block in it when Tim bought it and came with the other.  The original engine and trans are long gone.

Offline trboss

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2012, 08:28:49 pm »
I never said I had the original engine\tranny-but I have bought the correct date coded parts--now!  all it took was time and money and it was not that difficult when you have good contacts--any other questions?

Offline GN204

• No Life
    • BossKraft
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 10:37:22 pm »
No offence, but you (if you're the advertiser in Hemmings) did say it was numbers matching! Isn't the Hemmings advert just a wee bit misleading then, if the car doesn't have the correct engine & trans? First couple of lines copied direct from your advert below and underlined/bold, for reference...

1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator Boss 302, Original Condition, unrestored, numbers matching, 20,263 original mile Boss 302 Cougar Eliminator.

Presence of a date correct block and/or trans, does NOT make a car numbers matching, just in case you're wondering. Your butt would be in Court faster than a Defence Attorney on heat, if you sold that to me pretending it was numbers matching (though I'd pick that a mile away myself, but some poor unsuspecting/trusting person may get shonked on that detail, which is pretty rude). It's further misleading, as it's not in original condition, if the engine and trans have been removed and replaced, no matter how accurate the dates on the replacement parts. It's like the old 'survivor' car story that's been half restored and all mechanicals rebuilt - ie: not a survivor. I'd like to see that Hemmings ad revised to be a little more truthful.

Nice looking car, though.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:57:32 pm by GN204 »
Sean McDonagh
Mustang Restoration by Bosskraft & Bosskraft LLC

www.bosskraft.com

https://m.facebook.com/bosskraftrestos/

Offline 70B302Cat

• No Life
  • 1970 B2 Eliminator SDP; B2 Eliminator; 1971 B351
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 06:53:52 am »
No offence, but you (if you're the advertiser in Hemmings) did say it was numbers matching! Isn't the Hemmings advert just a wee bit misleading then, if the car doesn't have the correct engine & trans? First couple of lines copied direct from your advert below and underlined/bold, for reference...

1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator Boss 302, Original Condition, unrestored, numbers matching, 20,263 original mile Boss 302 Cougar Eliminator.

Presence of a date correct block and/or trans, does NOT make a car numbers matching, just in case you're wondering. Your butt would be in Court faster than a Defence Attorney on heat, if you sold that to me pretending it was numbers matching (though I'd pick that a mile away myself, but some poor unsuspecting/trusting person may get shonked on that detail, which is pretty rude). It's further misleading, as it's not in original condition, if the engine and trans have been removed and replaced, no matter how accurate the dates on the replacement parts. It's like the old 'survivor' car story that's been half restored and all mechanicals rebuilt - ie: not a survivor. I'd like to see that Hemmings ad revised to be a little more truthful.

Nice looking car, though.

Sean,

Two different cars being discussed, both Super Drag Pak B2 Eliminators, equipped with close ratio transmissions and standard black interiors.

The orginal thread was started about the car in Hemmings, that is 0F91G541604, asking $110,000, which is paint code D, is in Illinois and which recently still had the remnants of the original paper tag on the rear end housing.  The present owner of this car has not posted on this thread.

trboss advertising his car on the same thread, rather than starting a new one owns 0F91G544281, asking $75,000, is paint code U was previously in Iowa but based on the area code is now in Nebraska.  It previously had a D1 block in it which has since been replaced with a "date code correct" block which is not original to the car.

Offline Bosscat40

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012, 06:57:03 am »
Thanks Dave! I still love the yellow one. It's Fri 13th, I bought a lottery ticket. Who knows???
1970 Boss Eliminator,1970 351c Eliminator,1991 Eliminator(self made)