Author Topic: Accessory terminal hook up in fuse box?  (Read 598 times)

Offline Boss980

• No Life
Accessory terminal hook up in fuse box?
« on: June 07, 2013, 05:54:07 am »
I'm hooking up a Hood tach on my 70B2
What's the best way to hook up to the accessory terminal in my fuse box?

Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 05:33:32 pm by Boss980 »

Offline scott

Re: Accessory terminal hook up in fuse box?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 09:48:28 am »
Contact Randy below for the Fuse Extender.  It fits into the diagonal slot and has a post to attach a ring-type wire connection.  I installed mine with the fuse box in-place on the firewall.

Scott

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 7:52 PM
Subject: RE: 14A033 Fuse Extender

I just replied to your PM.  Yeah, I have lots of those that I created.  $10 plus $2 shipping.  PayPal is harnesses@fusemail.com

Can it be installed with the fusebox in place?  Boy….it helps to get a finger behind the fusebox to tighten the nut down.  I don’t know if you can do that with the green connector still attached, but maybe.  You have to have a fair amount of play on the main bolt and nut, slide the thing in place, and then tighten the nut down.  It’s a carriage bolt, but an oversized one that is impossible to find.  I simply put a finger on the back to keep it from rotating and then tighten down the nut.  Seems to work just fine.
February 1970 Dearborn

Offline CaBossFan

• Needs A Job
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 01:46:53 pm »
Boss980 - When I installed a tachometer in my 1970 Boss 302, I put a fuse into the unused #2 "accessory feed," which according to the 1970 Ford Car Shop Manual is 15 amp, to power the tachometer.  I also used it for the tach light, which is on whenever the car is running.  I probably should connect the light to fuse #5, which is for the instrument & cluster lights.

Offline Boss980

• No Life
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 05:36:46 pm »
Thanks Guys that's what I need