Author Topic: New to the forum, wanting to buy a 2013 Boss  (Read 7292 times)

Offline RyanR3KC

• Cool Newbie
New to the forum, wanting to buy a 2013 Boss
« on: November 24, 2012, 02:06:07 pm »
hi everyone,
  Just got on the forum here.  I'm currently driving a 2006 Sterling Grey GT with some mods on it.  I'm currently living in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  I'm 2 months out from heading back to Afghanistan for another combat tour.  I'm wanting to upgrade to a 2013 Boss when I get back, sometime around Christmas 2013.  Hopefully I can find one.  Been doing a lot of reading and loving the car.  Trying to work a deal so that it's waiting for me when I get back.  We'll see how it goes. 

Anyways, posting this to see if anyone was in the area close to me or just to ask a lot of questions. LOL.  Thanks everyone and take care.

Ryan

Offline cbj5259

• Cool Newbie
Re: New to the forum, wanting to buy a 2013 Boss
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 08:05:44 pm »
Best of luck...and thank you for your service!

'13 Boss #0477

Offline StevieRay

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 09:41:09 pm »
Welcome to the Registry. You can never go wrong with a Boss 302 sitting inside the garage :-) Have a safe tour and thank you for your service to our country.

Offline HOPP1

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 04:52:10 pm »
Ryan,

If I was in your neck of the woods I'd be happy to stop by and share some knowledge. Regardless of the distance, this forum is always here for you.

From one Service Member to another - HOOAH (for Army types). Stay safe out there!!

MAJ H (Hopp1)

Offline 1966GTA

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 06:22:56 pm »
Hey Ryan, welcome to the Boss forum.  Hope you can find a Boss, it is a great car.  Take care, be safe and thanks for your service. 

Offline RyanR3KC

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 08:08:47 pm »
Hopp...where you at now? I started off enlisted in the Marine Corps for 5 1/2 years. (extended to make my unit's last deployment) went to college then crossed over to the dark side. Now I'm the XO of a Sapper company.

as far as the car goes...trying to find a 2013 Grabber Blue. They all look great...just can't do the Green though, just not for me.  How does the car feel overall driving?

Offline HOPP1

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 08:54:24 pm »
Ryan, I'm in south Texas and with the 319th CSSB (SPO). It's always good to get Marines in the Army. I have a lot of respect for the way Marines do things. I served with a bunch of Marines on both of my tours to Iraq.

About the car, you are on the right track  ;D This car is totally awesome. The feel, the look, the power!! You can't go wrong either with that great grabber blue. Eric Dickerson on the forum also has some sweet programing for the control unit to bring out the beast. Just do a search and you should be able to find the info and videos.

Good luck with the tour and the car search. Don't forget that you can go through AAFES to buy the car once in country. I'm not sure how good of a deal you'll be able to get, but who knows maybe it will be a homerun for you.

Offline RyanR3KC

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 02:58:46 pm »
Hopp- Gonna be in Bliss for our Mobilization site survey.  I hear El Paso is a dump I've never been there.  I did read the thread about Eric's tuning.  I haven't watched the videos yet.  Been busy. I was wondering how that would affect regular Key vs. TracKey tuning, but if that's what you're planning to do you're probably not wasting money on the the TracKey anyways.

Offline HOPP1

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 09:56:52 pm »
Ryan, for now I'm just going to do the track key thing. The dealer I bought the car from is supposed to program it into the car for free. I still need to make the arrangements for that. From what I've been told, it's not that big of a change. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I'll give my opinion on it after I have it done.

BTW, I lived in El Paso for 12 years and loved it. The people from El Paso are the finest I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. For MOB it will suck because you won't have the opportunity to get to know the people and the city.  I wish you the best while you are there. Be sure to visit Old Messilla in Las Cruces, NM and stay out of Juarez.

Offline RyanR3KC

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 10:03:07 am »
My last Mobilization at in '10 included a NTC rotation and lasted 3 months.  This time will be much shorter.  I'm fine with that.  Unless they changed the 1st Army guidelines we probably won't even be able to leave Bliss.  As far as Juarez...you only have to watch the news to see what's going on down there. 

Offline copstang

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 08:10:58 pm »
Actually, AAFES has a lottery for the right to buy Bosses/Shelbys. The lotto for 12s ended in April of 11 so I think the lottery for 13 may already be closed. Pricing was below MSRP, but not by much. I got a better deal through USAA when I bought my 13 PW.

Rob

Ryan, I'm in south Texas and with the 319th CSSB (SPO). It's always good to get Marines in the Army. I have a lot of respect for the way Marines do things. I served with a bunch of Marines on both of my tours to Iraq.

About the car, you are on the right track  ;D This car is totally awesome. The feel, the look, the power!! You can't go wrong either with that great grabber blue. Eric Dickerson on the forum also has some sweet programing for the control unit to bring out the beast. Just do a search and you should be able to find the info and videos.

Good luck with the tour and the car search. Don't forget that you can go through AAFES to buy the car once in country. I'm not sure how good of a deal you'll be able to get, but who knows maybe it will be a homerun for you.

Offline RyanR3KC

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 06:46:51 pm »
I put in for a quote on ENCS.com.  Should hear back later this week.  There was a guy on BMO who did that route.  Said it was a good experience.  Just look over the car when I take delivery.  LOL...and according to Fox News...we might all get extended! I love deployment hysteria. lol

Offline RyanR3KC

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 05:01:01 am »
Roughly halfway through the tour.  Been pretty quiet compared to my last one.

Anyways....I tried ENCS.  Good deals on some 5.0s, but alas....not the same.  I've been scouring online sites since I've been here and there's still plenty of cars available.  Prices are starting to drop.  If anyone knows of a Red, Grabber Blue or White 2013 Boss just sitting around your local dealership not being appreciated let me know.  I'd appreciate the help.  Take care everyone.

Ryan

Offline Clifford

• No Life
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 12:40:40 am »
Check out e-Bay. There are a lot of dealers listing new 2012 & 2013 Boss Mustangs out there. Through e-Bay find a couple of dealers that have what you want and e-mail and/or call them direct. Tell them what your situation is and what you are willing to pay for your Boss. See if you can't strike up a deal. Also, remember that time is on your side. The 2014 Fords and Mustangs are already out. Rumor has it that 2014 is the last year that Ford will be building the Shelby Mustang. If that's the case there may be a demand for people buying 2014 Shelby Mustangs in 2014 and perhaps a little less general interest in the 2012 & 2013 Boss Mustangs that are sitting on the dealer lots. The deeper we get into the 2014 car model year the older the new 2013 Mustangs sitting on the dealer lots are going to get. A dealer does not make money on cars that sit on their lot. They make their money only when it sells. The 2015 Mustang will bring change to the Mustang with a new body. The closer we get to the 2015 model year and the public sees the new look of the 2015 Mustang there will be even more pressure for the dealers to get rid of their left over 2013 & 2014 Mustangs.

Talk to a couple dealers that have what you want and make them offers. Keep checking back with them to see who will cave in first.

Also, another option is to go into your local Ford dealer and tell them what your plan is. Your local dealer may be able to work out a trade and spring a 2013 Boss from another dealer. Dealers trade cars back and forth all the time. That way you can take delivery of your new Boss from your local dealer. Make your local dealer do the foot work in finding that 2013 Boss of your dreams for you. You have nothing to loose this way and they have everything to gain in making a sale to you. Your local dealer may have resources within the Ford system in tracking down an unsold 2013 Boss that you don't have access to. If you're a willing customer with cash in hand or your credit/bank financing already set up don't you think your salesman will be willing to work to get your business and make a sale? Its worth a try, right? Plop $500 down as a down payment to show you are serious and let your local dealership go to work to try and find your Boss 302 for you.

Remember, its your money and you are in control. Try different routes and different dealers and then close the deal with the first dealer that comes through with your car for you. Remember, when you buy a car, the car is not yours till you drive it off the dealers lot. If you leave a down payment with a dealer and you don't buy a car from them they have to give you "all" that money back. If you sign paper work with a dealer to purchase a vehicle you are signing a purchase agreement, your are "not" signing a binding contract. (Regardless what a dealer might try to make you think.) Any down-payment money you give a dealer does not belong to the dealer if you don't buy the vehicle from them. 

I actually did this one time. Many years ago I was about to buy a special Mustang from a dealer. that was already in stock I also wanted the dealership paint department to paint a special racing stripe down the center of it. I wanted the cost of the paint stripe in the sales paperwork so that it was a pre-delivery, dealer added option. This dealer refused to do anything like that for me and told me I'd have to take delivery of the car before they'd paint a stripe on it. If you get something added to your car as a dealer added option and you have the paperwork to prove it the Mustang Club of America can't say it isn't original. Since the dealer wasn't going to do a paint stripe pre-delivery I wasn't to have the paint stripe put on.

Just before I took delivery of that Mustang I stopped in at another Ford dealer and I saw the exact style and color Mustang I was about to buy sitting on their show room floor. Only their Mustang had more factory options on it than the one I was about to buy and that if I knew they had this one, I would have taken their Mustang instead. I also told him the other dealership wouldn't give me a pre-delivery stripe on it for me. When the salesman learned I had not taken delivery of the other Mustang yet he told me that if I liked this one better that I could cancel the other Mustang, take this one instead, and that I could get all my deposit money back from the other dealership. I then asked him what about getting a paint stripe for the car done pre-delivery? The salesman said he didn't see why this couldn't be done. In fact, the salesman got the body shop manager up to the sales room and I told the body shop manager how big I wanted the stripe on the car and shot me the price to do it right on the spot. That cinched the deal and we signed the paperwork right there and then and I took this other Mustang and got my paint stripe and all just like I wanted.         

Its your money. If your local dealership wants your business and if the salesman is willing to go to bat for you there is no reason you can't get the 2013 Boss 302 you are searching for. Good luck on your search.

Oh by the way I cancelled my order on the other Mustang right away. I only gave them a $200 deposit. I knew they weren't going to be happy with me canceling the order so I waited about a whole month before I went back and got my deposit money. I had to go see the sales manager to get my deposit money back. When I saw the manager he acted like a jerk and went on a rant about how he thought he shouldn't give me my deposit money back. I didn't argue with him. I stayed quiet and let him finish his rant. When he ran out of breath he then gave me my money back. Needless to say, I never did business with that dealership again.

Jim

The Big Red Dog

Offline prjohnson3

• No Life
    • http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x400/bosslover/Boss%20junior/?action=view&current=SANY0393.jpg
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 11:43:14 am »
Ryan, are you home?