Author Topic: Boss 302 Prices  (Read 4992 times)

Offline stgjais

• Cool Newbie
Re: Boss 302 Prices
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2017, 05:45:22 pm »
Let's be real here, these are lousy investments compared to your average 401k mutual fund not to mention insurance, maintenance, housing, etc eating into any value gain.  B2 cars are not suddenly going to be going for the same as a '97 Civic anytime soon and no one is going wind up on the comfy, leather chair side of Shark Tank by buying a B2 as an investment either.  So let's keep the allure of these cars alive.  Show them, drive them and enjoy them!  If you have the money and want one, go for it. 
1970 red Boss 4:30
2012 F250
2013 SL63 AMG
Gone but not forgotten:
1969 390 Mach 1
1972 302 Grande
1984 Foxbody GT 5.0

Offline pardee_time

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2017, 07:26:21 am »
You guys are talking about parts missing ect... What about if the car is the wrong color? Different from the paint code.

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2017, 09:42:07 am »
You guys are talking about parts missing ect... What about if the car is the wrong color? Different from the paint code.

That is a matter of taste, but it should have a bearing on the price of the car. A BOSS 302 that was originally "color x" (I'm not wanting to offend anyone) that was repainted auction red to make it more desirable. Well some would think "Wow! I love the red car!". Other buyers would think "Dang! That's not correct, why would I want to buy a car I'll have to put $25,000.00 dollars into to be correct!"

So a color change realistically narrows your buyers field of view, or increases desirability to some people. As Stgjais said to paraphrase. If you need a return on investment go to the bank. BTW, wait until a transmission or engine failure changes your money in.

John
Have you driven a Ford Lately?

https://youtu.be/C2fY6-Ggfoo

2010 Mustang GT Red Candy Metallic
1970 BOSS 302 Mustang Lime Green Metallic
1969 1/2  BOSS 302 Mustang Calypso Coral
1962 Porsche 356B-T6 Silver-Black interior (It's a Porsche that is what they should be.)

Offline crossboss

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
  • ^My Old Heap Boss 302…aka S-B Racing!
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2017, 10:24:40 am »
Let's be real here, these are lousy investments compared to your average 401k mutual fund not to mention insurance, maintenance, housing, etc eating into any value gain.  B2 cars are not suddenly going to be going for the same as a '97 Civic anytime soon and no one is going wind up on the comfy, leather chair side of Shark Tank by buying a B2 as an investment either.  So let's keep the allure of these cars alive.  Show them, drive them and enjoy them!  If you have the money and want one, go for it.

My worthless two cents…
That might be correct for you guys who happened to buy your cars at the high end of the market, or a newbie to the hobby. That said, some of us did buy our cars at a time when they were dirt cheap. So, if you were one of the lucky ones, then sold your car recently/last few years it IS better than a 401k. Its all relative. Just me...
Current lifelong project:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 6 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase headed, intake mounted with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style…Whew!

Offline bossneeds

• Needs A Job
  • Life's too short, enjoy every minute!
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2017, 11:04:45 am »
I just purchased another Tiger that was originally white, but is now painted red. Not a big deal to me personally, but the seller realized it was a mistake to paint it red. Probably a $5-8000 reduction in price. The red just plain looks better IMO.

Let me tell you what happens when you wait too long to buy the BOSS. You suffer from woulda-coulda-shoulda for years. Most of us have been there. Our partners are tired of those stories and will in fact encourage you to buy a car. They don't want to hear the constant whining and would rather see you enjoy something, perhaps with them or without them. I make tombstones and I have never engraved one that said "I regret buying a BOSS 302 and having fun with it." Your life is way too short to worry about prices. Your only concern should be your enjoyment of the BOSS while you still can drive it. Death is not kind.

Only you can put a value on a car you buy.
1967 Tiger MK1-A
1970 Shelby GT350
2013 BOSS 302 LS #712 GO
2016 Shelby GT350 Magnetic blk stripes
2017 GT350R-Magnetic w/white stripes
Wife still Happy, recovering.
BOSS 302's are like a fabulous WI cheddar. Both get better with age and you buy them for your enjoyment, not as an investment.

Offline crossboss

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
  • ^My Old Heap Boss 302…aka S-B Racing!
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2017, 11:17:27 am »
I just purchased another Tiger that was originally white, but is now painted red. Not a big deal to me personally, but the seller realized it was a mistake to paint it red. Probably a $5-8000 reduction in price. The red just plain looks better IMO.

Let me tell you what happens when you wait too long to buy the BOSS. You suffer from woulda-coulda-shoulda for years. Most of us have been there. Our partners are tired of those stories and will in fact encourage you to buy a car. They don't want to hear the constant whining and would rather see you enjoy something, perhaps with them or without them. I make tombstones and I have never engraved one that said "I regret buying a BOSS 302 and having fun with it." Your life is way too short to worry about prices. Your only concern should be your enjoyment of the BOSS while you still can drive it. Death is not kind.

Now that was the best advice I have heard in a long time! Go out and enjoy!
Current lifelong project:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 6 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase headed, intake mounted with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style…Whew!

Offline CaBossFan

• Needs A Job
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2017, 12:59:08 pm »
I remember when the DOW dropped to 6547.05 on March 9, 2009 and when I checked my portfolio, it was worth about half from its previous peak.  I just stopped looking at my investments as I remember when my uncle had told me that after he retired, he would check this investments everyday and it was causing anxiety, so he just turned off his computer and was happy again!

I've had some close friends ask me why my investments have out-performed their portfolios and I told them it is probably because I don't have to pay someone fees.  Besides, I've always thought it best to be responsible for my own investments as if something bad happens, I can have the satisfaction that I didn't pay someone to lose my money!

I did take the BOSS 302 for a drive this week and it ran great!

Offline dhunter

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2017, 11:47:41 am »

Well said!
"People in glass houses should not throw stones"

"Yes, I am sure you are a very important man in Mexico"