Author Topic: Lotus Ford 260/289 injection FS  (Read 688 times)

Offline MikeBaskette

• No Life
Lotus Ford 260/289 injection FS
« on: December 24, 2012, 10:57:15 am »
Tecalment-Jackson injection for a 260/289.  Thought I was going to do a '65/66 Mustang notch when I got it but the Porsche bug has called again.
$2500
Mike

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General James "mad dog" Mattis
United States Marines

Lotus Elan Plus 2 x Three
Lotus Europa TC Special
Encinitas, California

Offline Mike G.

• Needs A Job
Re: Lotus Ford 260/289 injection FS
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 04:54:30 am »
Mike what an awesome looking setup. I have always wanted one of these in my Boss. Although I would not be in the position to buy can you tell me if they are streetable Thanks and good luck with your new adventure. Mike G.

Offline MikeBaskette

• No Life
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 06:32:26 pm »
Mike,
Since setting this up would be out of my realm of the realistic I would depend on a professional to rework the setup.  I found one of the guys that used to work on these when new, he lives in the U.K and still does Lotus things.  He verified this injection system to be from the Lotus 30 works cars.

After having a bit of trouble with the Telcalment-Jackson set up they went to Weber.  Take a look as these Youtube Vids.  Since Ford and Lotus were hand in hand for a long time I thought, oh', a little lowered '65/'66 Mustang notch with a five speed......open the hood and BAM, some shinny stuff.  Who knows, if the Porsche doesn't appear in the garage then maybe the project could proceed.
Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO6E2WFmGco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPydsF_du_U
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 06:39:16 pm by MikeBaskette »
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General James "mad dog" Mattis
United States Marines

Lotus Elan Plus 2 x Three
Lotus Europa TC Special
Encinitas, California

Offline Mike G.

• Needs A Job
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 04:50:05 am »
That little car really boogies! I love the sound of that type of induction system at higher revs. If the Porsche falls through I like your idea of an early notch style Mustang. By the way if I am not mistaken that looks like my favorite track LimeRock in Conn. Mike G.