Author Topic: 1969 Boss9 on Ebay SCAM?  (Read 5604 times)

Offline The_Dude

Re: 1969 Boss9 on Ebay SCAM?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 02:30:59 pm »
Obviously this individual has figured out (or thinks they have) a way to pull this scam off through ebay.
They get your information and spoof ebay's email address.  They get the money sent directly to them and you are SOL.   Looks like the auction has been pulled now.

Offline AK 69Boss

• No Life
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 02:40:43 pm »
Auction is pulled.  In the past when I reported a scam like this they reply that they will investigate and give the poster time to correct the mistake, change the ad, or they will pull it.  They always put something on the end that says something like " please don't respond or report this again.  Unfortunately, because of privacy concerns for all our ebay customers we cannot inform you of any decisions or out come othe the investigation."

This is not word for word but from what I can remember.

Unfortunately, a lot of people fall for scams like this.  I was at a old corvette dealer in Kansas City a while back and he was telling me every once in awhile he would get a call from someone who had bought one of "his" cars from ebay for like 10K when the car was listed at his dealership for 60K and was wanting to schedule delivery.  The scammer would do like the ebay posting here and highjack the photos and description and post.   

Offline Nitro

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
  • R.I.P. 12/25/2016
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 03:11:17 pm »
 AK 69Boss ,
It just makes me give my head a shake as to why
people would send a large amount of $$$ to someone
selling an item over the internet that they have never met
or know who and where they are...
I for one will only do a deal in person, one on one with the buyer.
Yes I have sold parts over the internet but to a member on here.
( BOSS 429 breather caps ) a while back with no problems.
If that car, in this topic was mine this would be where I would be asking
to sell....
Not Ebay.
Nitro.
NITROâ„¢