Author Topic: Easy  (Read 10143 times)

Offline Bondovian

Re: Easy
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 08:21:40 am »
I think the final price is about right for what it was. I hope to find one soon for about that price.

Offline Arlo_Price

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 07:15:12 pm »
The final price was right for that day but who knows what it will bring on another day. When is the last time you saw a matching number, 95% rust free, original trim, glass and metal B1 or any rare muscle pony car for sale? I dun'no, maybe the bolt on race equipment scared folks! One of my sons is an expert welder (teaches welding) so making bolt holes completely disappear 'ain't no thang'.

We'll get started on it in a  month or so, throw 12-15 grand at it and have a nice matching number driver to drive to shows, maybe be in Phoenix in January. Tremec 5 spd???

Offline Arlo_Price

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 08:11:45 pm »
I seen the car on ebay,  what other cool 351 cleveland race parts did you get with the car?

4 or 5 cams, some new; 3 engines including the race prepped 70 'D' block with date matched heads, and manifolds, a 2V engine, 4 driveshafts (what's up with that??), another pair of slapper bars. A new set of rings, bearings and gaskets. A new Macleod clutch,pp and tob. I've forgotten what all is there, I need to go through it and start selling the stuff off to partially fund the restification. 1/2 a pick-up load.

The car currently has a giant cam that is tremendously advanced, it has to idle(?) at 1300+ rpm's in order to stay running. I need to find an original cam and de-tune this freak. Additionally, the blow proof bell that's on it plus the Strip Dominator intake and hot dog gold anodized aluminum roller rockers.

I'll give the folks on here first shot at the stuff.

Offline svo2scj

• No Life
  • Yeah it's the wrong paint and cap!
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 06:44:03 am »
I actually sorry you have to sell!

Read where you "always wanted a Boss 351" when you got this 5 years ago.  To bad you didn't get to fix it - as I'm going to guess you are a real car guy.

Your best bet are people that are building Boss 351's - but they aren't going to be interested in the NON Boss parts.   Looks like you have all the stuff that you got with the car when you picked it up.  (Except the carb - may have sold that for funds before)

There was a time that I would have bought all of the parts - just to get the Boss parts but as I get older (we get older) space and keeping clean is more important than money.   If you ala cart the parts I will buy some - feel I owe you for helping sell my car.   IF you get done before January - would pick up.  (Plus I'm going to AZ empty with friend that wants another Boss 351)

Mark
Mark Haas
517 861 7630

Offline Arlo_Price

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 12:46:51 pm »
$20,000 w/all extra parts or $15,000 no extra parts.

99% rust free, matching # engine

curly
316-807-0425

Offline machone

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 12:01:02 am »
Hi do you still have this car? If so, where are you located?
Are you able to list details of the extra engine parts e.g.cams etc that you mentioned. What is the inventory of the extra parts and are they usable.

Thanks

naz

Offline Arlo_Price

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 11:02:40 am »
http://s153.photobucket.com/user/arlo_price/library/G%20BOSS%20351

http://s153.photobucket.com/user/arlo_price/library/G%20BOSS%20351/Bonus%20parts%20incl%20w-B1

The above 2 links are what was included in the price;the extra engine parts were not included in the price but we can MAYBE work something out. It's been awhile since I looked at them, IIRC: 70 4V engine (D block), race prepped (galley plugs, smoothed valley, enlarged drain-backs etc.), no fasteners, all component dates match:

http://s153.photobucket.com/user/arlo_price/library/70%20351%20C%20modur

A D2 2V block, crank & heads; 4-5 cams, some new and a new McLeod clutch & pressure plate. There are probably a coupla' other items I don't recall at this time.

I'm in South Central Kansas, call me if your serious 316-807-0425.

Thanx & Happy Motoring.....curly