Author Topic: Stolen 1970 Boss 302 from Concord, NC -- VIN 0T02G118146 (Calypso/Vermillion)  (Read 31437 times)

Offline bossneeds

• Needs A Job
  • Life's too short, enjoy every minute!
I just read your posting on the Madison, WI Craig's List for the stolen Boss. If it shows up somewhere here, I'll make sure to get a hold of some law for you. I hope everything goes well for you. The vin really helps and should make it tough to unload this car.
Good luck.
1967 Tiger MK1-A
1970 Shelby GT350
2013 BOSS 302 LS #712 GO
2016 Shelby GT350 Magnetic blk stripes
2017 GT350R-Magnetic w/white stripes
Wife still Happy, recovering.
BOSS 302's are like a fabulous WI cheddar. Both get better with age and you buy them for your enjoyment, not as an investment.

Offline priviello119@gmail.com

• Cool Newbie
Thanks for the extra eyes and ears.  Gonna put one of my craigslist ads in the Detroit area.

Offline iBoss302

You can also scan all of craigslist for boss mustangs for sale.  Google search something like this:

Code: [Select]
site:craigslist.org  1970 OR 70 boss 302

You will get a lot of parts but, for the few cars that show up, you could call.   It is unfortunate that craigslist doesn't have a "search all regions" option.
|\_o___ ___ ___o_/|
|___|.........|___|

Offline BossBum

You can also scan all of craigslist for boss mustangs for sale.  Google search something like this:

Code: [Select]
site:craigslist.org  1970 OR 70 boss 302

You will get a lot of parts but, for the few cars that show up, you could call.   It is unfortunate that craigslist doesn't have a "search all regions" option.

Try Searchtempest

Offline mike_b_svt

• No Life
~ Mike B.

'03 Cobra Convertible #2004
- 1 of 345 Sonic Blue, Argent Interior, Black Top

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior)
- 1 of 70 with 428SCJ / 4-speed
Cat Bites Man!

RIP: 1993 Cobra #1795
- Teal w/ Gray Leather Interior, Sunroof
- Stolen & stripped 6/6/2002

• Cool Newbie
Hi everyone,

I have not been posting lately simply because there is not much new to report.  I am waiting for some legal issues to resolve so that we can send the subponea to eBay for information on who the Seller / Buyer were for the auction in December 2012.  The legal system is frustratingly slow.

I have had some leads from the many CraigsList ads that I have place all around the country, but none have panned out.  Please stay vigilant and keep your eyes and ears open!

I would still like to talk with Mikel Grady, Mikel can you PM or call me please.

Paul
980-298-2062

Offline competitionorange

• PT Group
  • No Life
EBay only make the data available for 90 days.  You need to use the auction number and VIN and get that data through your local authority.  One option is to use one of those site that track historical auction data for valuation purposes.   

Kev

What site does this? I have not heard of that before. Do you mean we can find old ebay auctions for cars we wish we would have purchased?

Offline bossneeds

• Needs A Job
  • Life's too short, enjoy every minute!
I think he means the big auctions like Barrett and Russo.

The legal system does work very slowly, but it works when you have lots of documents!

Continued good luck.
1967 Tiger MK1-A
1970 Shelby GT350
2013 BOSS 302 LS #712 GO
2016 Shelby GT350 Magnetic blk stripes
2017 GT350R-Magnetic w/white stripes
Wife still Happy, recovering.
BOSS 302's are like a fabulous WI cheddar. Both get better with age and you buy them for your enjoyment, not as an investment.

• Cool Newbie
Thanks for the well wishes.  Next milestone is August 9..... stay tuned.

Offline AK 69Boss

• No Life
Keep us posted tomorrow

• Cool Newbie
Decent day in Court on Friday, now waiting to hear from the Concord Police......

Offline mike_b_svt

• No Life
Have you been able to actually locate your car yet?  Or at least find out who bought it / sold it on eBay?
~ Mike B.

'03 Cobra Convertible #2004
- 1 of 345 Sonic Blue, Argent Interior, Black Top

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior)
- 1 of 70 with 428SCJ / 4-speed
Cat Bites Man!

RIP: 1993 Cobra #1795
- Teal w/ Gray Leather Interior, Sunroof
- Stolen & stripped 6/6/2002

• Cool Newbie
Have not located the car yet and do not have the information from eBay as to who was the seller from the auction in December 2012.  It is the lack of information from eBay that is the most frustrating.....eBay will not talk to me directly, they will only deal with law enforcement agencies.  The Concord, NC police department had wrongly convinced themselves that the car was marital property, so they were doing nothing on the case.  I now have a court document that states the car was my separate property and still the Concord police are doing nothing!!  Very frustrating, so much for "serve and protect".... this is such an open and shut case but only it they get started.

I cannot wait for Sheriff Taylor and Barney Fife to get going, so I have contacted the Charlotte office of the FBI, plan to contact the Attorney General of NC, and have a plan to get to eBay through another route..... so stay tuned.

I again ask if anyone has information from the auction in December (eBay auction # 300828801205) as to who the seller was, please let me know.

Thank you to all of you who have been following this story and offering well wishes.

Paul

Offline BossBum

Were you ever able to contact Mikel Grady? Times in the past he has been a regular contributor on this site.

• Cool Newbie
I have tried to contact Mikel..... only crickets.