Author Topic: 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback KK #1383, Factory Raven Black for sale by Me  (Read 17619 times)

Online Idylboss

• KK1351
Marc
boss429sd@yahoo.com

Offline EricDickerson

• Restricted
  • No Life
  • R.I.P. 11/28/2016
I am assuming the answer is no, but did the 69 Boss 429 get functional quarter scoops, as seen on this car?

The cars are great, but the people are even better

Offline FIJI_99

• Needs A Job
The side scoops are right but not functional.  Many people in the board have known this car for some time.  It is coming out of a collection in Florida, nice car.
Please register your car:  http://www.boss302.com/boss9reg.htm

KK 1710, family owned when I was a kid...reunited 5/7/2015

Online Idylboss

• KK1351
The Boss 9 cars have the side scoops on the '69's, unlike the Boss 302's where they were deleted.  This car sure looks complete!
Marc
boss429sd@yahoo.com

Offline mgreene

• No Life
For that much money, it appears to not have a factory Ford radiator?!
1969 428SCJ Mach 1
1966 GT-350H
1972 Pantera

Offline Tejas Remuda

• No Life
What pictures are you viewing?  The photo on Mecum's website, accessible directly via the link provided in the original poster's inquiry, clearly show what appears to me to be a very well executed restoration with the correct C8ZE-L1 radiator.

Like Jeremy said, the car is well known among many of the Forum members.
KK 1392 Raven Black, 820-S - Armstrong-Johnson Ford, Austin, Texas
KK 1486 Wimbledon White, 820-T - Bill Utter Ford, Denton, Texas
KK 2049 Black Jade, 820-T - Horn-Williams Ford, Dallas, Texas

Offline Godzilla

• No Life
Nice lookin piece!
Original Paint, Survivor, RAVEN BLACK Boss9
Original Paint, Survivor, Lime Gold   68.5  CJ

Offline EricDickerson

• Restricted
  • No Life
  • R.I.P. 11/28/2016
The Boss 9 cars have the side scoops on the '69's, unlike the Boss 302's where they were deleted.  This car sure looks complete!

I know all 69 Boss 9's came with the side quarter scoops. I was just questioning this particular 69 Boss 9, as someone must have ditched the factory block off plastic cover (unlike the factory block off plastic plate found on all 69 Fastback models - Of course excluding the 69 Boss 302's) and added some sort of "mesh" to replace the stock piece, and making it a somewhat functional side scoop - which was something I wish ford would have done to at least their Performance Modeled Mustangs - unlike most of the simulated scoops found on the 69 & 70 Fastback Mustangs. Looks great, and of course the car does too. :)

I love Black Boss 429's! :-*
The cars are great, but the people are even better

Offline BlueBoss

• Needs A Job
That *is* the factory piece.

Offline mgreene

• No Life
What pictures are you viewing?  The photo on Mecum's website, accessible directly via the link provided in the original poster's inquiry, clearly show what appears to me to be a very well executed restoration with the correct C8ZE-L1 radiator.

OK, my question is based on these photos : Here is the one from Mecum's site :

Notice the thicker "sculpting" on the top tank to the right and the lack of the FoMoCo stamp.  Compare to this pic:

With the more common evenly sized "sculpting" on the tanks and the readily apparent FoMoCo stamping on the tank.
1969 428SCJ Mach 1
1966 GT-350H
1972 Pantera

Offline sportyworty

• No Life
That *is* the factory piece.

and 70 Mustang FB did not have simulated scoops. It is only a 69 non Boss 302 thing.
"To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research."

8F91R577646 Black/Red 4 speed

Offline gt40tt

• PT Group
  • No Life
    • http://www.1969boss429.com

OK, my question is based on these photos : Here is the one from Mecum's site :

Notice the thicker "sculpting" on the top tank to the right and the lack of the FoMoCo stamp.  Compare to this pic:

With the more common evenly sized "sculpting" on the tanks and the readily apparent FoMoCo stamping on the tank.

I don't know the Mecum car,but the original rad in KK1824 has the FOMOCO logo as seen in the pic you posted

Offline mgreene

• No Life
The Mecum pic is of the car listed in the first post in this thread - follow the link and look at the pics to the right.
1969 428SCJ Mach 1
1966 GT-350H
1972 Pantera

Offline gt40tt

• PT Group
  • No Life
    • http://www.1969boss429.com
The Mecum pic is of the car listed in the first post in this thread - follow the link and look at the pics to the right.

To the right of what ?
I already agreed the pic off the Mecum site does not match what at least one original Boss 429 rad  looked like
But then again I can only speak for KK1824
The Mecum car being an earlier Boss 429 could have had a different rad
In any case it is a beautiful example of the Marque

Offline Tejas Remuda

• No Life
mgreene:  You have a sharp eye.  Thanks for setting me straight.  When I read the words "appears to not have a factory Ford radiator" my brain was thinking "aftermarket" radiator, like an aluminum radiator from Griffin or Walker, I was not thinking about the possibility of a 'reproduction' radiator.  There definitely are differences in the stiffener ribs in the top tank compared to the OEM factory FoMoCo radiator in KK 2049.  And, also as you mentioned, there does not appear to be a FoMoCo logo embossed in the stiffener rib to the driver's side of the filler neck.  Also, the finger guard looks like it does not fit the tank properly.

You can always tell a Texan, but you can't tell him much!

Thanks again for the tutorial, mgreene.

Rich

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:19:44 pm by Tejas Remuda »
KK 1392 Raven Black, 820-S - Armstrong-Johnson Ford, Austin, Texas
KK 1486 Wimbledon White, 820-T - Bill Utter Ford, Denton, Texas
KK 2049 Black Jade, 820-T - Horn-Williams Ford, Dallas, Texas