Author Topic: 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback KK #1383, Factory Raven Black for sale by Me  (Read 17618 times)

Offline mgreene

• No Life
Rich, that was my observation, not gt40tt's  :)
1969 428SCJ Mach 1
1966 GT-350H
1972 Pantera

Offline ed meyer

• No Life
mgreene is correct & whoever restored the rad got the wrong top tank but c8ze-l # on strap is on the rh side like it should & also they forgot the 2 top screws as I calledwilson today to try & correct several items I seen looking at photos as the car has been in MN last few years being worked on.

Offline EricDickerson

• Restricted
  • No Life
  • R.I.P. 11/28/2016
That *is* the factory piece.

Then to go back to my first post/question. Are you saying the Boss 429 did not get the factory plastic  block off (i.e - fake scoop/vent) in the quarter panel scoops, like all other 69 Fastback models?

That *is* the factory piece.

and 70 Mustang FB did not have simulated scoops. It is only a 69 non Boss 302 thing.

Maybe I should have worded it differently. It was not directed to the 69 only (non- Boss 302) quarter panel scoops. It was in regards to all of the simulated scoop/vents found on the 69 & 70 Mustang. Would you consider a 70 Boss 429 to have functional headlight bucket vents/scoops? Or how about a 70 Mach 1 non-ram air, with the turn signal hood scoop? The hood scoops and headlight bucket openings were in no way considered functional, and were purely a cosmetic item. The Ford Mustang is very notorious for this. I have heard of some early production 69 Mach 1 Non-Ram Air cars that got holes in the hood, allowing the hood scoop to be functional, but was later cancelled due to production costs.
The cars are great, but the people are even better

Offline FIJI_99

• Needs A Job
Eric, that is the same exact piece all '69 cars have in that scoop.  Is that clear enough for you?  They all have the plastic mesh, it's not a Boss 9 thing.  That is exactly what all '69 cars have in the side scoops.
Please register your car:  http://www.boss302.com/boss9reg.htm

KK 1710, family owned when I was a kid...reunited 5/7/2015

Offline BlueHemi

The mesh looking inserts are cast / pot metal painted black. I have never run into any plastic versions.

Offline EricDickerson

• Restricted
  • No Life
  • R.I.P. 11/28/2016
Eric, that is the same exact piece all '69 cars have in that scoop.  Is that clear enough for you?  They all have the plastic mesh, it's not a Boss 9 thing.  That is exactly what all '69 cars have in the side scoops.

Jeremy,

Thanks for being that someone who finally gave me a "simple" reply to my initial question in my first post. Its disappointing when a simple question turns into some sort of debate of someones knowledge. This forum is a tool for members to help each other out. I have seen, and dis-mantled plenty of 69 Fastbacks/Mach 1's etc. to know what the side vents look like, but I've never owned or taken apart a Boss 429, and always love to find out all the little different things Kar Kraft did to these cars.

So I'll ask you, Jeremy. Do the scoops on this black Boss 9 look factory to you, compared to the photos I posted below? To me, they look like an actual see through "mesh" grille, with a different pattern than the usual ones I've seen and removed over the years. Maybe its just the picture, or maybe I need to have my eyes checked.....

Regardless I'll leave this topic alone, so we can keep the focus on the sale of this car (Which is in the wrong forum).  :-*

To end this with a comparison, and why I brought it up to begin with.

These look like they have an actual see through mesh grille, with a diamond shaped pattern (like chicken wire mesh).

Original non-functional original 69 side vent/scoop insert. Now compare the two. The patterns look different to me. The vents on the Boss nine look to have a diamond shaped pattern, where the insert shown below seem to have more of an oval shaped pattern.

Again, I'm sorry for bringing up a simple question that I was honestly curious about.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:38:52 pm by EricDickerson »

Online Idylboss

• KK1351
Eric, Since I started this post, I have to agree that it's been a bit railroaded, but that's part of the fun of forums. The vent insert in the picture from the featured car looks factory to me, you can see the detail of the raised lip around the perimeter of the simulated mesh, it looks just like the one on my Boss9 (simulated).  I wholeheartedly agree with you about the information gained on this forum and some of the mindless banter that goes on, but since joining this group I have learned a lot of useful information.  I think it's not your eyes, but the resolution on your computer giving you the appearance of "see thru mesh".
Marc
boss429sd@yahoo.com

Offline EricDickerson

• Restricted
  • No Life
  • R.I.P. 11/28/2016
Eric, Since I started this post, I have to agree that it's been a bit railroaded, but that's part of the fun of forums. The vent insert in the picture from the featured car looks factory to me, you can see the detail of the raised lip around the perimeter of the simulated mesh, it looks just like the one on my Boss9 (simulated).  I wholeheartedly agree with you about the information gained on this forum and some of the mindless banter that goes on, but since joining this group I have learned a lot of useful information.  I think it's not your eyes, but the resolution on your computer giving you the appearance of "see thru mesh".

I agree. As for the resolution on my computer, it must be way off - because the patterns look completely different from each other. I'm heading to Best Buy now, to get me a 30" Screen Apple desktop! lol :)

Offline FIJI_99

• Needs A Job
Yes, looks right/original to me, maybe just a bit of an illusion in the picture.

Offline EricDickerson

• Restricted
  • No Life
  • R.I.P. 11/28/2016
Yes, looks right/original to me, maybe just a bit of an illusion in the picture.

Maybe. Regardless, thanks to everyone for answering my question on my curiousity on this particular part for the Boss 429's.

Offline Godzilla

• No Life
Could somebody please post a price if and when it trades next weekend?
Thank you
Original Paint, Survivor, RAVEN BLACK Boss9
Original Paint, Survivor, Lime Gold   68.5  CJ

Offline sohcammer

• No Life
For that much money, it appears to not have a factory Ford radiator?!

It's not uncommon for cars to win MCA awards then be stripped of their orig./nos parts before heading to auction.

Online Idylboss

• KK1351
Interesting comment sohcammer....see, you learn something every day on this forum!  Hey Mr. cammer...do you know Butch Englebrecht here in San Diego?
Marc
boss429sd@yahoo.com

Offline FIJI_99

• Needs A Job
Actually, the radiator wouldn't keep it from winning an MCA award...not even sure it would lose a point for that as reproduction parts are allowed.  But the comment about parts being stripped before auction is a very common (unfortunate) practice, if you're going to advertise the car as an award winner especially if you give it's show score, then the buyer should be buying the car with all of the parts that it scored with at the show...not parts that were borrowed or rented for the weekend.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:26:09 pm by FIJI_99 »

Offline bosscougars

• Needs A Job
Jeremy---That would be called fraud. Statue of limitations on fraud is 7 years after the fraud had been detected. Anybody that commits fraud would have a long time to keep looking to be caught.
Frank