Author Topic: Reunion suggestions to help Randy  (Read 28889 times)

Offline 0F02G-1ZVBP

• Cool Newbie
  • Paying the cost of being the Boss ...
Re: Reunion suggestions to help Randy
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2017, 10:42:17 pm »
2019 is the 50th Anniversary of the Boss 302 & Boss 429; this is a big deal.  We want as many Bosses as possible to attend.  I remember reading that the first two Trans Am races in May 1969 were Boss 302 wins at Michigan Int'l (MI) and Lime Rock, CT.   

I listed a few choices for a 2019 Boss Anniversary/Reunion Event; in order they are:

1. Carlisle, PA - in June during the All Ford Nationals 
2. Dearborn, MI - in August during the Woodward Dream Cruise
3. Wherever SAAC-44 is in 2019 (June); it would be sweet if at Lime Rock, CT
4. Fredericksburg, VA - Labor Day weekend during MCA Mustang 55th Anniversary
5. Millville, NJ - at NJ Motorsports Park (Thunderbolt or Lightning)

Carlisle is my choice; I'll bring 2 Boss 302s if its it's there.  Wherever it is, I'm going!
John
jdettori@optonline.net
1967 GT Vert      2001 SVT Cobra
1970 Boss 302    2013 Boss 302 LS #214
1986 SVO

Offline MD69Boss

• Needs A Job
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2017, 10:23:58 am »
I guess Laguna Seca, and all points west of Michigan are out of the running??

Offline NZnoboss

• No Life
  • Livin' the dream in our Grabber Green W code :-)
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2017, 03:51:26 am »
Is there a date set yet, even just a month would help? We're going to the Reunion, but have other travel plans as well to other places, and can't afford to have a date clash.
Any help with an approximate date would help.
Cheers,
Bob.

'70 Boss 302 - 0FO2G126086 - GG, shaker, W code.
'95 Falcon XR8 5spd
'88 BMW 535ia

Offline 9F02G196848

• Global Moderator
  • Needs A Job
    • http://www.boss302.com
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2017, 04:36:12 am »
Real soon!

Offline NZnoboss

• No Life
  • Livin' the dream in our Grabber Green W code :-)
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2017, 05:41:31 pm »
That's great news  :D
Looking forward to starting planning for this.
Cheers,
Bob.

'70 Boss 302 - 0FO2G126086 - GG, shaker, W code.
'95 Falcon XR8 5spd
'88 BMW 535ia

Offline 1966GTA

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2017, 06:11:32 am »
50th Anniversary BOSS Reunion:
After some searching we have settled in on a joint event and a facility that we think will accommodate the 50th anniversary.  Randy and I discussed various options and we both felt it was important to combine the Boss Reunion with another event.  Joining another event will greatly help facilitate the reunion.  Our choice is to team with Auto Interests a group that manages many high performance driving experience (HPDE) events - in addition they produce a specific event called Car Fest.  Car Fest is an annual event that was previously held at the Mid-Ohio track.  In 2018 Car Fest will move to the Pittsburg International Race Complex (PittRace).  This year 2017, I attended the Car Fest at Mid-Ohio, the Auto Interest group ran a good event which included track days, auto cross, live band and a car show.
I also made a site visit to Pitt Race.  In comparison to Mid-Ohio the Pitt Race facility and surrounding area offers more on-site space, easier access, and better hotel options.  Auto Interest has made the decision to move Car Fest to Pitt Race for 2018 and 2019. 
Holding the 50th Anniversary BOSS Reunion as “an event in an event” will greatly help us organize and coordinate.   Auto Interest can manage on-line registration, they carry insurance which is required by all venues and they can help with pre-event communication and on-site event management.
By combining the events we will get options to drive on track, option to participate in the auto X activity.  BOSS cars will have their own designated show car area, host hotel and more than likely our own banquet.  We are starting to build and confirm details and will update on the forum as information becomes available.
I anticipate posting a link for a survey which I strongly encourage everyone to take.  This survey will help with determining specific participation numbers to help secure the proper host hotels, help us gage the interest for each individual activity and get individual input.  It is very important to get your comments and a survey is a very good way to accomplish that.  Of course, you may always post your comments on the forum.  But a strong survey response will gather and sort the information into an easy to read format. 
Please take a look at the web sites listed below.  The sites will give you a look at the venue and provide information about the event partner.  Thanks, please let us know what you think.  I am really looking forward to helping plan the 2019 event!

Announcing:  50th anniversary BOSS Reunion   
Date: 2019 Labor Day Weekend
Held in conjunction with: Auto Interests and CARFEST
Web: https://autointerests.com/http://www.carfestusa.com/
Web: http://pittrace.com/

More Information coming:  Survey link, host hotel, event registration date and site for registration.  Stay tuned.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2017, 07:36:26 am »