Author Topic: Boss 351 For Sale  (Read 8560 times)

Offline ex2409pilot

• Needs A Job
Re: Boss 351 For Sale
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2015, 09:33:41 am »
Sorry about that... Someday I'll remember to stop trusting my memory.  I should have just reread the description where it clearly says Kevins Klassics restored the car.  Keith Craft did restore a yellow B1 a few years back as it was on ebay multiple times and I am 99% sure it had the decor interior too, leading to my confusion.

Anyway, I agree about the spoiler. I don't think it will hurt the value at all.  I added a spoiler to my BOSS 302 in 89 when it was restored but eventually wished I hadn't.  Don't feel bad a lot of them have been put on backwards.

A B1 is the final car to check off my bucket list so maybe someday when you are ready to sell I'll be ready to buy. I couldn't ask for a better one than yours. Congrats and good luck.
1970 BOSS 302 - W code
1970 Sportsroof  - SCJ - W code - 4 speed - project
1970 Ranchero GT - 429 - C6

Offline B1n71

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 12:36:37 pm »
Ex2409pilot,

What about a 71 429cj-r Mach 1 with every option? Still deciding if I am going to keep two nice Pony's. I might sell it later down the road. You would probably have to wait till I die before I would let the B1 go. Hopefully that will be a long time!

Offline ex2409pilot

• Needs A Job
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 08:59:45 am »
Don't want you dying... besides at 61 I may beat you to it.  Your Mach sounds nice and I would bet that once you get those two side by side you'll decide they make nice bookends and just hang onto both of them. 

Actually, I have a 71 SCJ Mach supposedly waiting for me at some point once it's done.  I sold the car in 1982 and now the current owner wants to sell it back to me. It's been to New Zealand for 20 years and now back in the States.  Talk about a can of worms.... the guy in Kentucky that I sold it to in 82 never retitled it in his name before selling to the New Zealander in the early 90's. Whilst in NZ he lost the title and since I was still the owner of record he contacted me last year, laid out the whole story, so I ordered a lost title trying to help him out. 

Turns out he has STILL never retitled the car fearing serious consequences since he now lives in Louisiana where stuff like this carries some serious penalties. So, he has just decided it's better to just sell it back to me.  I guess we'll see at some point once he gets it done. No price has been discussed and I haven't seen the car since 82, but it was a low mile survivor when I sold it.  He has since disassembled the car wanting to make it perfect and is currently in the reassembly process last I talked to him 6 months ago.  It's going to boil down to timing for me. If he calls tomorrow I would be in no position to do anything. A year from now, maybe, if we can agree on a price.  Below is a picture I took in 1982 before selling it for $7500 to the Kentucky guy.

1970 BOSS 302 - W code
1970 Sportsroof  - SCJ - W code - 4 speed - project
1970 Ranchero GT - 429 - C6

Offline B1n71

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 09:16:06 pm »
Well now that I have had the car for a while I agree with everyone here re the spoiler. I am now use to it not being there. Checking the car close I now see tha paint on the inside of the trunk is original along with the jack and spare tire sticker placed on the left side of the trunk.

It just would be wrong to change this car from the way it was born even preserving the trunk lid and putting another one on. Just not going to do that!

Thank you to everyone who offered their advice. I am totally loving the car!