Author Topic: 1970 Boss 429 For Sale Calypso Coral with White Interior  (Read 12308 times)

Offline shelbynut

• Cool Newbie
Re: 1970 Boss 429 For Sale Calypso Coral with White Interior
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2017, 05:17:10 pm »
I know Ed put a lot of work into the car and a big effort in getting it right . A good guy too

Offline fecarman

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2017, 07:24:12 am »
Maybe the seller just didn't want to pay for another truck ride.

Offline 0F02G137174

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2017, 10:13:41 pm »
Thanks for all of the comments both positive and negative. I am an amateur that stumbled upon a premier car by life's circumstance and appreciate all of the help that I had open to me from this forum. I acknowledge that I had more lucrative offers, but by the time they came in I was committed to auction as I could not import the car into the US for sale unless I had a sales agreement complete with a federal tax number when I brought it across the border. When it went on the auction block I did not know if previous offers were still open, and the auction agreement extended for sales up to 21 days after the auction, and there was flexibility in the auction fees which netted me the same as the initial low ball offers, so I made the decision based on what I knew at the time and my current employment situation. As a side note I was also offered the original block for my car which was obviously a restamp as the original block was destroyed during a test drive in 1973 and is in the local landfill.

I would like to thank Ed Meyer for his invaluable advice and access to unobtainable parts in order to make this restoration possible. I would also like to thank Arild Thu for his knowledge and abilities in completing this concours restoration. People like these gentlemen turn this hobby into a profession and I appreciate the opportunity to meet the icons. Thank you Jerry Heasley for photographing the car. Thank you Ed Meyer & Donald Farr for the write up for the auction listing. Thank you Jason Billups for the impartial judging. This was a bucket list opportunity which is now fully checked for better or worse.

Ed