Author Topic: looking for car  (Read 2305 times)

Offline bobs351

• Cool Newbie
looking for car
« on: December 09, 2015, 02:41:19 pm »
   looking for car with  vin no. 171950   any info greatly app.

Offline 1971rcode

• No Life
Re: looking for car
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 09:15:36 pm »
well I have that serial number listed in my notes.
I am thinking, Bill Abel had and sold the  engine from that car about 2 3 years ago
bill is owner of western drivetrain in aurora co
and his contact information is on western drivetrains website
i don't know if bill knows anything about the car or not but might be worth a email or a call
let me know if that helps in anyway
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 09:58:46 pm by 1971rcode »

Offline candyrcode

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 06:37:41 am »
I had a block at Columbus maybe 4-5 years ago. A fella had stopped by to ask about the block. His Boss was missing the original engine. I purchased the engine in Columbus a year earlier. Since the original purchase all had been sold except the block. Anyway as I spoke to this guy, for some time, he was about to leave I happened to mention I had the Marti report on the car and the car was black. That caught his attention since his also was black. Curious as he was, and not knowing his vin, he called his son to inspect the car's VIN. Lucky for him this was his engine block. I believe the guy was from Ohio. I do not know the VIN at this time. It may be possible to contact Kevin Marti and ask him with regard to my past purchases in that time frame. You have my permission if you like to take on the task. That is the only one in recent history. I had a 1972 Cougar (2F5xxxxx) VIN'd DOAE-L block 4 bolt at one time. It was a fairly early built car as I recall. PS.. I am Bill Abel
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 07:05:51 pm by candyrcode »

Offline 1971rcode

• No Life
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 10:51:34 pm »
Hi Bill
I remember you telling me about that 72 D0AE L 4 bolt main block.
I don't remember anything about it coming from a cougar
so was that cougar a 351 cobra jet car? and was it a factory 4 speed car?
later Bill

Offline candyrcode

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 05:11:17 pm »
I assume Q code due to the 4 bolt main. Auto or 4 speed unknown. I do not remember if I got the crank with it and there being a pilot bushing in it. It was a engine apart/parts. Positive on the DOAE-L 4 bolt with a 2F5xxxxx VIN.