Author Topic: boss 429 or not for sale  (Read 6490 times)

Offline CaBossFan

• Needs A Job
Re: boss 429 or not for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 01:41:27 pm »
I'm a BOSS 302 owner and certainly am not an expert when it comes to BOSS 429s, but I believe this Mustang was modified by someone and did not start out as a BOSS 429.  From what's left of the car, the positive cable should go into the passenger compartment via a hole drilled under the blower motor, which is not the case with this Mustang.  And according to the 2011 BOSS 302 Registry, BOSS 429s had unique outer shock snubber brackets which "were smaller and shorter than a regular Mustang (reference page 265)" and the brackets on this Mustang are not correct.

Offline suede57ford

• Cool Newbie
  • Saving the World One '57 Ford at a Time.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 08:29:58 pm »
The car looks like it started life as a Boss 429 to me.  The hole for the positive cable in the firewall may be hard to determine by the photos.  There is a shadow in the pictures where the positive cable would have went thru the firewall right next to the RH apron above the frame rail.   The inner and outer shock towers look correct.  From the pictures, it looks like the booster is wedged and original.  The trunk has what's left of the battery tray support left on the floor as well.  The lower oil cooler bracket is still there, staggered shocks, and the holes in the dash for the seat belt and brake lamp holes, which are not necessary Boss only, but a Boss would have had. The passenger fender looks rolled too, plus the KK spindles and rotors.

Possibly a white car by the inner cowl area and trunk area.

Too bad no ID numbers, as it may always be a mystery to which one it was.   At least it may help another Boss9 get some missing parts. 

69 Boss 429
69 Mach 1 R-Code,Red, Survivor
69 Talladega, Maroon
69 Bronco, FI 5.0
70 Torino Cobra, Yellow, 4spd, 4:30 Drack Pack
57 Ford F-code Supercharged 312,
57 T-Bird 460/C6
57 Ford Courier Sedan Delivery
57 Ranchero Supercharged 312

Offline BOSSHEMI

• No Life
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 03:41:43 pm »
If this car has no VIN on apron top rails, no VIN on dash, no door tag, no buck tag, no numbers on top of trans or rear of engine block, no build sheets, no warranty card, it has to be the only one I have heard of missing all the possibilities to find the VIN and KK#. Even a stripped race car would have something left. Maybe it was purposely stripped of all clues because they are on a rebody with some 5K repo shock towers? There should be a registry for repro shock tower serial #'s. LOL.  With that being said, it sure does look like a 69 Boss 429.
KK1336 Royal Maroon 820S

Offline Orangegrower

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 04:41:26 pm »
In looking at the picture of the trunk area it looks like the KK installed rivnuts for when they moved the spare tire hold down bracket and light protector to the left side are there. Looks like a real B9 to me, but I would love to see it up close and personal. I would know in 30 seconds.
"You can sleep in a car but you can't drive a house."

KK1642
2019 Aston Martin Vantage

Previously owned but got away
64 Cyclone
Two 66 Cyclone GT (One my first new car)
67 Cyclone 427
69 Cyclone 428 SCJ W Code (Bought new)
71 Mach I (Bought new)
67 Shelby GT350
92 Bud Moore #15 WC Thunderbird

Offline ed meyer

• No Life
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 09:46:36 pm »
What don't make any cents$ here is if someone removed all #s & left the unique shocktowers  where did they get another setoff shocktowers to make a rebody (or if they bought a set of repos) why didn't they use these originals?

Offline BOSSHEMI

• No Life
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 09:52:31 pm »
A friend inquired with Freddy if $50k would buy it and was told Yes.
KK1336 Royal Maroon 820S

Offline CCBossMan

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 10:30:07 pm »
The 5th paragraph reiterates that the auction is for the spindles and shock towers only (at least for now).

Offline BOSSHEMI

• No Life
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 01:48:26 am »
Auction is limited to towers and spindles only because of lack of VIN #'s. He would love to auction as complete roller B9 project.
KK1336 Royal Maroon 820S

Offline Hoss302

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 01:30:25 pm »
This Mustang is like a 1955 double-die penny...with the date scratched off.     Either the factory apron VIN stamps were removed or they were never put on the car at Dearborn.   Don't forget, a lot of cars from the Metuchen plant for several weeks built around mid October 1969 did not get VIN apron stamps!  And then they stamped cars 1T02 and 4T02 instead of 0T02 for several more weeks into November 1969!   I know this is not a Metuchen car, but I can see that if someone called in sick on a Friday, it is possible some cars did not get apron VIN stamps.  The aprons on this car appear original to me, so there should be evidence of any VINs removed from the aprons--if it had them.   Without factory apron VIN stamps and a driver door showing no VIN or a wrong VIN plate, it has happened in the past that a city such as New York or wherever will pop the windshield VIN plate off a car if they cannot verify the VIN at the hidden-VIN location which is the aprons on a Mustang like this.   In that case, the city of MVA would then re-VIN the car with their own VIN number "sticker". I think this Boss may have never got VIN apron stamps.

Offline BlueBoss

• Needs A Job
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 05:24:40 pm »
This is NOT a Boss 9. It is a lobotomy of two cars grafted together.

You are only bidding the towers and spindles.

Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson.

To me, this is just a mess and headache unless you steal it. And at 5K (current bid) you are close.

I question the parts. And implicitly question the seller.

Snake Oil.

Those not totally in the know will be surprised with what is actually there.

Offline Godzilla

• No Life
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 07:28:12 pm »
^^
Trust the Hommie
Original Paint, Survivor, RAVEN BLACK Boss9
Original Paint, Survivor, Lime Gold   68.5  CJ

Offline sohcammer

• No Life
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 12:03:04 am »
B9 Parts
2 - Original Towers(RH spring cover missing)
1 -  RH KKX Spindle/Hub, LH Spindle/Hub is NOT KKX B9.
1 - 9B6 N-Case w/ traction lock
31 Spline Axles(according to seller)
1 - Rear B9 Sway Bar minus dogbones(according to seller)
1 - Pair original rear leaf springs(according to seller)
1 - Staggered Shock Brace
1 - Booster & Wedge
1 - tach dash

No tags or title and a wasted body.......I would say there are $8-10k in parts tops.

Offline ed meyer

• No Life
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 09:57:21 am »
Freddy called me about this b9 & I went over more pics he sent of the aprons & part of the #s are stamped in both aprons but cant make out much as rust ate up that area also.  This is a real body 69 b9 royal marron & has the unique b9 features still on car (holes for firewall posi cable & air & choke cables holes as well as 69 rear sway bar frame rail dog bone holes) battery trunk plate & SS bracket well nuts  2 dash park & belts holes  n-case front suspension rh kkx? spindle etc. Surely someone in fl panhandle area knows the whereabouts of the tags (the corner of bucktag is still on car yet) & date codes are april or so a later t motor car. The car is what it is BUT aint what it was!! :'(

Offline DC-DD

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 10:17:27 am »
Freddy called me about this b9 & I went over more pics he sent of the aprons & part of the #s are stamped in both aprons but cant make out much as rust ate up that area also.  This is a real body 69 b9 royal marron & has the unique b9 features still on car (holes for firewall posi cable & air & choke cables holes as well as 69 rear sway bar frame rail dog bone holes) battery trunk plate & SS bracket well nuts  2 dash park & belts holes  n-case front suspension rh kkx? spindle etc. Surely someone in fl panhandle area knows the whereabouts of the tags (the corner of bucktag is still on car yet) & date codes are april or so a later t motor car. The car is what it is BUT aint what it was!! :'(

I had asked him questions on ebay but he never wrote back . If he sent you pictures I am curious if it still had the correct sway bar bushing brackets and the unique power steering cylinder shaved end also the thicker strut bar washers ?

Dominic