Author Topic: Another Boss Registry Member Passed away , We Lost Eric Dickerson a Friend  (Read 6523 times)

Offline noboss

• True BOSS 302 Exhange Enthusiast
It is a sad day as Eric Dickerson passed away on Monday November 28th , he was way to young and loved anything related to cars both American made and Foreign , I knew Eric for a long time as we both shared our Love for Boss 302's , my condolences go out to his Mom and Dad (Randy Dickerson) and Wife and Daughter , please say only good things about Eric , he was a good Guy.

Offline 0F02G202911

• Needs A Job
  • Henry Ford III at Peterson
We are all aware of Eric's "checkered" history with we, his BOSS brethren. I agree with Earl that this is not the time or place to rehash that. May God have mercy on his soul, and may we be gracious in our remembrances of Eric. His family needs out best thoughts and prayers.
Gary
70 B302
68 CJ XR-7 GTE

Offline kevinsownboss

My condolences to his family, may he be in Boss Heaven

Offline NZnoboss

• No Life
  • Livin' the dream in our Grabber Green W code :-)
That is a real shame, as he was far too young. He was massively talented.
His photography and detailing skills were amazing, and his passion for these great cars was evident in everything he produced.
I'd like to think he contributed more than he took from this site.
RIP Eric.

Bob. 

'70 Boss 302 - 0FO2G126086 - GG, shaker, W code.
'95 Falcon XR8 5spd
'88 BMW 535ia

Offline BlueBoss

• Needs A Job
Loosing anyone at such an early age is a tragedy.

For those who can attend, are there details on arrangements for services?

Offline charles nix

• Cool Newbie
  • 1970 trans am clone
Godspeed  Young  brother!
Ford lover since 1965

Offline MD69Boss

• Needs A Job
Wow, Eric had such a passion for Boss cars, both old and new, I totally got his enthusiasm whenever we got together in SoCal, or on the phone.
Its always tough when a young person passes far too soon...
My condolences to his family.

Offline fordaholic

• Life-long Ford Addict
Wow. What a shocker.  Sad to hear that about someone so young.  My sincere condolences to the family.    Mel
currently owned:
68 Mustang fastback - owned since 1970.  J code, fact 4 speed, disc brake, fold-down seat, etc.  2010 Sturgis Mustang Rally "Knuckle Choice" award winner (sponsor pick).
33 Ford Victoria - owned since 1973.  All steel.  4 bolt main 351 Cobra Jet, C6.  Driven to "Back to the 50's"  every year.
73 F250 highboy w/8' snowplow
77 F250 highboy.
03 F250 Lariat Crew Cab, V10, Leather
B2 motor - needs a G-code home
Previously owned:
70 Boss 302
71 Mach 1 429 auto
73 Mach 1 351 auto
57 Ford convert.
70 Torino Cobra 429 4spd
many others

Offline McKeever

• Needs A Job
Eric's passion for these car was contagious.

We had many long talks.

While his actions leave some question, his health concerns have now been verify.

My condolences to Liisa , Lianna and Randy.

Owned my BOSS since March 1974.
0F02G154740 Dearborn 1-16-70
Honesty is doing the right thing with a witness.
Integrity is doing the right thing without one.
The finish line seems ever distant.

Offline Gus-SK-Boss

• PT Group
  • No Life
My condolences and prayers go out to Randy and family for there loss. It's very hard when parents out live there children. My God bless you Eric rest in peace.
 I met Eric a couple of time at the Knott's Ford car show. He was a very nice guy to talk to, plus his Boss and my Boss share the same color.

Stay strong Randy and God speed Eric.

Gus

Offline bosstwins

• No Life
We are all aware of Eric's "checkered" history with we, his BOSS brethren. I agree with Earl that this is not the time or place to rehash that. May God have mercy on his soul, and may we be gracious in our remembrances of Eric. His family needs out best thoughts and prayers.

Death doesn't undo the past.   When men of low character die, there is a tendency for the living to attempt to expunge the man's sins through words.  Human nature I guess.

I'm ok with not rehashing the FACT Eric was a thief to many good people here who now have permanent financial loss because of his dishonesty, but let's not swing too far the other way and overdo the great guy BS, nor forget that Randy didn't lift a finger to abate any losses.

If any of my children should pass before me, I will honor their debts (lawful or unlawful) to the extent that their assets allow, as a way to honor them and because it is the right thing to do.  After all, actions speak louder than words.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:26:52 am by bosstwins »
The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing - Edmund Burke

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job

Death doesn't undo the past.   When men of low character die, there is a tendency for the living to attempt to expunge the man's sins through words.  Human nature I guess.

I'm ok with not rehashing the FACT Eric was a thief to many good people here who now have permanent financial loss because of his dishonesty, but let's not swing too far the other way and overdo the great guy BS, nor forget that Randy didn't lift a finger to abate any losses.

If any of my children should pass before me, I will honor their debts (lawful or unlawful) to the extent that their assets allow, as a way to honor them and because it is the right thing to do.  After all, actions speak louder than words.

I personally am glad that someone else has put words to my thoughts. In this era of everyone gets a trophy for participation I find it disturbing that because someone can live their life with a total lack of ethics, then just because they die all is expected to be forgiven. That is what is partially wrong with the world today. You purchase your reputation everyday with ethics and virtue, once you start rampant spending of those items and you create a negative balance then that is how your remembered. History can not be revised, history is the story you wrote of your life. I too enjoyed conversations with Eric. However those pleasant conversations don't erase the flaws in his character that have been so damaging to members......now permanently they have been robbed.

Earl starting this thread was equivalent to leaving a grenade with the pin barely in it on a table and saying "don't bump the table, he was a good guy." I'm not perfect by far but I take care of what issues I create.
John
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:56:25 am by JohnSlack »
Have you driven a Ford Lately?

https://youtu.be/C2fY6-Ggfoo

2010 Mustang GT Red Candy Metallic
1970 BOSS 302 Mustang Lime Green Metallic
1969 1/2  BOSS 302 Mustang Calypso Coral
1962 Porsche 356B-T6 Silver-Black interior (It's a Porsche that is what they should be.)

Offline bossneeds

• Needs A Job
  • Life's too short, enjoy every minute!
Bosstwins, John, +1
1967 Tiger MK1-A
1970 Shelby GT350
2013 BOSS 302 LS #712 GO
2016 Shelby GT350 Magnetic blk stripes
2017 GT350R-Magnetic w/white stripes
Wife still Happy, recovering.
BOSS 302's are like a fabulous WI cheddar. Both get better with age and you buy them for your enjoyment, not as an investment.

Offline 0F02G202911

• Needs A Job
There is another thread on this board that rightly addresses those issues.
Gary
70 B302
68 CJ XR-7 GTE

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
There is another thread on this board that rightly addresses those issues.

Yes link below for the future people not aware of why some would have such harsh feelings.

http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=70762.0

John
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:18:48 am by JohnSlack »
Have you driven a Ford Lately?

https://youtu.be/C2fY6-Ggfoo

2010 Mustang GT Red Candy Metallic
1970 BOSS 302 Mustang Lime Green Metallic
1969 1/2  BOSS 302 Mustang Calypso Coral
1962 Porsche 356B-T6 Silver-Black interior (It's a Porsche that is what they should be.)

Offline 0F02G202911

• Needs A Job
Thanks, John.
Gary
70 B302
68 CJ XR-7 GTE

Offline gt350hr

• Needs A Job
  Eric never wronged me but I also never bought anything from him. I feel bad for those that got hurt from their dealings with him. He's gone , time to move on.
'66 GT350H (6S477)1of 18 white w/blue side stripes - drag raced mostly w / Boss 302 power for 35+ years
68.5 Cobra Jet fb  white w/blue c stripe 4spd
sorry never owned a Boss car just engines
cover Car Craft July '77 with my Boss powered GT350
cover/article Mustang Illustrated Fall 1987 w/all aluminum SK 351 Cleveland powered Mustang II
cover /article Modified Mustangs Feb 2011
cover Mustang Monthly  June 2014

Offline BossRaver

John,   +2 and well said.                 Death does not a good person make. It is just the final act of living.

Offline BUSTED

Eric never did me any wrong, and I am well aware of the issues that he brought to many people.   Though I think unless you have anything forgiving to say...please remind yourself...let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

Offline prjohnson3

• No Life
    • http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x400/bosslover/Boss%20junior/?action=view&current=SANY0393.jpg
John, +3 I agree

Offline bosstwins

• No Life
If you didn't get victimized by someone, it's pretty easy to say it's time to move on. I'd still like my $2k back, and restitution for the other victims. Not casting stones here, just calling it like it is.
The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing - Edmund Burke

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
We're all done.