Author Topic: Restored Boss 351 just like the old days  (Read 3904 times)

Offline roman

• Cool Newbie
Restored Boss 351 just like the old days
« on: December 10, 2016, 06:03:43 pm »
My Yellow Boss 351 is up for sale.  This is very nice restored car with LOTS of NOS stuff.   The following is a list of NOS stuff:
bumpers,
body decals
hood pins
door handle
weatherstripping (where do you find that these days)
front spoiler (yes NOS spoiler)
And more stuff.

This is a nicely optioned car (not super optioned) but it has the options that most people put on cars that didn't have it.  It came with a front and rear spoiler, and it came with Magnum 500.  It still has it's original Ford Magnums on it that are in great shape.  Also power steering.

It has original floors, doors, quarters....but it has NOS front fenders and hood.  Looks to be never been hit.  About 60 some thousand on the odometer.

This car was built to be beautiful and to truly have a Boss 351 feel.  The original engine has been redone.  Since it was low mileage and everything mic'ed up well, it has the original pistons.  New cam ground to the original specification.  Heads were redone with harden seats, crank done, bearings.....The original carb was rebuilt, as was the original distributor.  Rebuilt water pump.  Original intake and exhaust manifolds. The engine is stock, stock, stock, just like it came.  Yet, when we finished  breaking in  the motor on the dyno, it pulled 360HP! (I have the dyno sheet).   Originator trans and rear.

We also rebuilt the power steering pump, and the power brake booster.  All the brakes are redone, the front end is rebuilt, and it has a new factory exhaust.  New gas tank...and more stuff.

The interior is a combination original and new.  Seats are original, carpet is new, headliner is new, and the center gauge panel is new (I like it when that chrome looks good on that panel).  We took out the gauges, and cleaned, checked and fixed all the gauges.   Tach works, all lights work.  Oh and it has NOS tail lights.

I purchased this car from a friend that had a Mustang NOS parts business.  This was going to be the car he was going to keep, well he had to move, and couldn't take it all.  He gave me all the NOS stuff that he had with the car, and he is a purist.  (hey Fred)

This is a very nice car that was redone to look and feel like it was 1971.  Doors close great, steers as good as it can with Wide Ovals. Mechanical lifter tap. Take it to shows (yeh you can drive it, but you need a little octane booster for those original 11.? pistons).  It's fast.  Marti report is available as are pictures.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:21:36 am by roman »

Offline 2.23intake

Re: Restored Boss 351 just like the old days
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 11:08:08 pm »
Looks like a great car for the money. Nice HP number !
1971 Buick GS455 Stage 1 Survivor , GG 1970 SCJ Mach 1 , 1970 MACH 1 GO 351C Shaker , 1970 Buick GS350 Original Paint Survivor

Offline researchtech

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 08:29:11 am »
What about the paint, when was it redone and is it single or 2 stage?

Offline roman

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 12:22:27 pm »
Paint was done around 2005.   It is a base coat clear coat.

Offline roman

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 12:36:17 pm »
a few more pictures

Offline 2.23intake

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 05:51:14 pm »
Is this car for sale??
1971 Buick GS455 Stage 1 Survivor , GG 1970 SCJ Mach 1 , 1970 MACH 1 GO 351C Shaker , 1970 Buick GS350 Original Paint Survivor

Offline roman

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 06:24:02 am »
Well it’s been a year since I posted this ad and I still have the car.  Not as much action as I thought a finished cars would have here. I’m asking $60,000.  The car still runs great and looks great. 

Offline shelby_69GT500

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 03:16:20 pm »
It’s a great looking car and certainly not the car’s fault for the lack of action. It is just the market. I believe it speaks volumes of the future for the muscle car market as well. Some guys selling Boss 302’s are experiencing this as well. B9’s are dramatically coming down in price as well.  Let’s face it, the pool of prospective buyers is getting smaller and more importantly, older. It will be interesting to watch things unfold over the next decade or so. Best of luck with the sale.

Offline roman

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 05:50:02 am »
Yes it is a reflection of the market.  (And age, but I still want some cool cars before I die. ). I just see sellers still putting $70-$80k prices on these cars. I’m asking $60,000 and only 2 inquires of which one was a trade. This car is FOR SALE. It will sell for less than $59,000.  Any offers?