Author Topic: Missing Motor - R143028  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Supa Pursuit

• Cool Newbie
Missing Motor - R143028
« on: February 09, 2017, 12:57:36 am »
Hello All from the land down under.

I have very happily just acquired a BOSS 351 but it doesn't have the original block and I am hoping that some where over there someone might know of this block it is R143028. Any help or direction to other forums where these things might be would be greatly appreciated.

With thanks

Offline svo2scj

• No Life
  • Yeah it's the wrong paint and cap!
Re: Missing Motor - R143028
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 08:35:15 am »
Hello and Welcome !

Well my guess is IF YOU FIND that block (or are willing to use a Nov DOAE-L 4 bolt block) you will "build" the correct compont/date code assmebly. 

Let us know IF YOU disassemble the later motor in the car AND WHAT YOU FIND. (often put together with non BOss or later date codes throughout)   THere will be a chance that you will need much more than a correct block!   (Not a big seller BUT when I know I can trade Boss 351 parts /dates for dates I tend to consider letting items go)

Also let us know if you decied to just "run the car with the wrong" motor and SIT ON a better date code block if you can find correct one for when you sell.

Mark
P.S.  SInce that car was from Flordia I would start by constanly searching Craiglist SE http://www.adhuntr.com
(You better hope that "FREDDY" (mustangmasters) didn't come up with it..............he will want $5000.00 !   
Mark Haas
517 861 7630

Offline Supa Pursuit

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 02:48:23 pm »
Thanks for the feedback Mark. How do you know the car was from Florida and if you know the car what can you tell me about it.

With thanks

Joe

Offline svo2scj

• No Life
  • Yeah it's the wrong paint and cap!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 02:59:46 pm »
No Problem .
Many know history of all cars as they have been collecting for years, have spent money with Kevin Marti before buying anything or info is all over the internet.

PM me or use Facebook messenger........seems the AU guys are all talking at midnight my time ! LOL
Mark Haas
517 861 7630