Author Topic: 1969 1970 boss 429 detail & paperwork kit  (Read 902 times)

Offline ed meyer

• No Life
1969 1970 boss 429 detail & paperwork kit
« on: May 28, 2017, 08:06:50 am »
For sale ebay  nate is selling a copy set of both 69 & 70boss 429 paperwork sets  These are exact copys from my original collection & most of these were done by a printing shop back in late 80s so they even look old & yellow aged by now. These are the papers that usually got throwed away & some were mailed to owner after he bought the car. & with this kit is 2 nos  real 1969 stamps going with the letter & the rare gold questions card ( that will go with the set but we forgot to get in the add photo but is included now).  In the 69 set the blue license plate is an exact 3 different layered thick cardboard plate that I had a handful of these made back in late 80s from original plate that came from a ford salesman in CA, & he said they would put these plates on boss cars in the ford dealer show room to get more attension since people would walk past the rear of a boss mustang & not notice it was a boss car especially the 429s since they just looked like a plain mustang if you didn't see the fender decal.  On the 70 kit is a 70 b9 only RARE DOAE timing decal 725 rpm that I recently had made after finding one on a  very original unmolested low mile 70b9 on the rear lh valve cover top of ribs & you will also see this decal ontop of  antibackfire smog valve & there is a good picture of this in the  strange boss 429 book. This decal would be easy taken off or fall off & being 70 b9 had solid lifters & the valvecover had to be removed to constantly adjust them this decal would be removed or fallen off as it stuck to top of the thin ribs without much glue contact or lost when smog was removed if decal was stuck to smog valve. I have never seen or know of anyone else finding this 70 decal still on there car & after seeing it I thought about it & decided to have it made.  My thinking was that the new 70b9 engine 820A  had several new changes from 69 carb smog & solid lifter setup so it would need a different timing decal & the early 820S timing decal (of which I had made also) was different than the more common 820T decal.

Offline ed meyer

• No Life
Re: 1969 1970 boss 429 detail & paperwork kit
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 01:21:34 pm »
both ebay auctions go off sunday night . thanks