Author Topic: Craigslist ad for Boss 429 (not mine)  (Read 4467 times)

Offline 69mach351w

• occasional poster
Craigslist ad for Boss 429 (not mine)
« on: July 06, 2017, 04:52:42 pm »
Not mine, just thought I'd post to see what you guys think.

https://lewiston.craigslist.org/cto/6205482216.html

Offline fecarman

• Cool Newbie
Re: Craigslist ad for Boss 429 (not mine)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 04:57:48 pm »
Peter puller. Good luck with this one.

Offline Godzilla

• No Life
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 06:43:49 pm »
Anybody seen it? What color?
Seller seems like a really likeable dude...
Original Paint, Survivor, RAVEN BLACK Boss9
Original Paint, Survivor, Lime Gold   68.5  CJ

Offline crossboss

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
  • ^My Old Heap Boss 302…aka S-B Racing!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 07:00:24 pm »
My worthless two cents…
So, the seller pulls major attitude on of all places Craigslist. Come on, $225K and no pic? Really, like any Craigslist tweaker will actually buy this car. Waste of time advertising on Flakeslist in my opinion. Spend the dough and advertise in a quality format (like Hemming's) then you won't have to play any games with serious buyers. Just me.
Current lifelong project:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 6 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase headed, intake mounted with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style…Whew!

Offline ablue69

• Needs A Job
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 07:52:26 pm »
I'd guess scam...but you never know.

If someone figures this out, real or scam, please let the rest of us know.  I'm just curious.
'64 1/2 Convertible (SOLD)
'64 1/2 hardtop
'66 Bronco, 5.0 fuel injected, restomod
'67 Mustang Junior!
'68 Bronco Half Cab
'69 BOSS 302  9F02G196425 (SOLD)
'74 Bronco 302 auto
'89 Saleen (bought new, never modified!)
'96 Bronco XLT
'08 F350 Lariat Crew Cab dually
'16 T350 Transit Cargo Van dually

Norm

Offline Tejas Remuda

• No Life
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 08:49:59 pm »
Yeah, That is only 625 miles from that "other" mint original '70 BOSS 429 Mustang with less than 1000 miles on the clock.  You know, the Grabber Orange BOSS that is well known.  Only, I bet there will be a substantial variance between the two cars in stated market value, should that "other" BOSS become available on the market for purchase.

That's right, I forgot.  Everything is for sale, at least it could be.  For the right price of course.

What a marketing genius.  Let's alienate all prospective clients by maintaining an air of "secrecy" about this BOSS.  Only a few select elite might get to actually "see" the car.  But only after you have laid down a tall pile of cash, of course.

Hey, Man, I done tole' you what I've got.  It's a 1000 mile BOSS 429 with the original Goodyear Polyglas tires.  And I don't need no stinkin' Marti report.  I got the build sheet manifest.  Had to rip out the carpet though, to find it.  But, that's ok.  I put things back as well as I could.

That should satisfy everyone's curiosity!

Bring on your wagon load of Greenbacks, you sukas.

Rich

KK 1392 Raven Black, 820-S - Armstrong-Johnson Ford, Austin, Texas
KK 1486 Wimbledon White, 820-T - Bill Utter Ford, Denton, Texas
KK 2049 Black Jade, 820-T - Horn-Williams Ford, Dallas, Texas

Offline 69mach351w

• occasional poster
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 08:59:11 pm »
He did mention "Marti report" maybe he ain't as dumb as we might think he is. Especially if he has the build sheet  ;D

Offline Tejas Remuda

• No Life
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 09:33:00 pm »
He did mention "Marti report" maybe he ain't as dumb as we might think he is. Especially if he has the build sheet  ;D

You are correct, my friend.  At least he DOES know how to properly spell BOSS with upper-case, ALL CAPITAL letters.

My comments were intended to be 'tongue-in-cheek' expressions, for amusement and entertainment purposes only!

Who knows, this could be a rare jewel, or perhaps a genuine diamond in the rough, or it could be a real turd.

Who is willing to gamble and step up to the plate to find the answer to the riddle ? ?

Rich

Offline 69mach351w

• occasional poster
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 05:24:45 am »
We need an answer to the riddle. Remember a short time ago the KR vert in the storage container. You just never know.....

Offline 69mach351w

• occasional poster
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 07:51:58 am »
My worthless two cents…
So, the seller pulls major attitude on of all places Craigslist. Come on, $225K and no pic? Really, like any Craigslist tweaker will actually buy this car. Waste of time advertising on Flakeslist in my opinion. Spend the dough and advertise in a quality format (like Hemming's) then you won't have to play any games with serious buyers. Just me.
+1

Offline 68Shelby500

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 09:10:47 am »
I live under 3 hrs from this location. I sent him a reply asking for more info. Color, KK#, Marti ? Will see if he calls me or replies.  ;D

Troy

Offline Tejas Remuda

• No Life
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 11:03:13 am »
You may have shot yourself in the foot, by mentioning Marti Report and asking questions.  You may have "Offed" him.

He may just move on to the next guy.

He clearly indicated in the C/L posting that he has no reason for a Marti Report.

Besides, what information would be contained on a Marti Report that you, as owner, wouldn't already know, other than the original selling Dealership and the actual release date.

The Marti would not add any significant information about this BOSS.

The VIN, Paint Code, and Trim Codes are all on the Warranty Data plate, along with the KK Number sticker located near the driver's side door latching mechanism.  You "Ain't a 'Gonna Get That Stuff" without a Face to Face visit with the BOSS.

I feel that  anyone who asks any questions in an email reply via the C/L 'reply to' system, and fails to simply leave ONLY your name, date of birth, SSN, D/L number, residence address, right thumb print, retinal scan, and phone number will be ignored.  (part of that 'info' is for amusement purposes only, BTW)

I would do no more than to indicate that I was a serious 'player' (his term, not mine) and that my contact information is XXXXX......... and nothing more.  Perhaps add, "Have Cash - Will Travel" to paraphrase Richard Boone as Paladin.

When he calls you, then you might ask a question or two, but you better be careful, 'cause you will Off him.

I would only make inquiry about when and where to meet face to face.  Nothing more.

Prudence says to simply schedule an opportunity to view the car and ask no other questions about it.

Besides, people like to talk - encourage him to "tell you about the BOSS".

You might be surprised what he reveals to you WITHOUT the need for asking any questions at all.

Rich

Offline Idylboss

• KK1351
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 01:42:24 pm »
Paladin carried a gun - you may need one to shoot your way out!
Marc
boss429sd@yahoo.com

Offline Tejas Remuda

• No Life
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 03:30:47 pm »
Paladin carried a gun - you may need one to shoot your way out!

Quite true.  Humans can be quite idiosyncratic.

This time of year (around July 4) my thoughts turn not to 1776 but to 1863 and the Battle of Gettysburg.

I am somewhat of a Civil War historical buff, and a number of years ago I had been to the Petit Jean, Arkansas car show and swap meet in early June.

After the conclusion of the show, we decided to travel north, to Pea Ridge, Arkansas to tour the Pea Ridge National Military Park and Civil War battle grounds located there.  I also stopped at a privately owned Civil War era artifacts museum.  It had been there for who knows how long, and an elderly lady was at the front entrance desk.  I think the admission was a couple of bucks per person.  My brother and I went in and paid our admission fee, and entered the museum display area.  They had a lot of neat stuff, including one of Dr. Richard J. Gatling's famous rotary barrel volley guns, of which we were particularly attracted to.

After we finished touring the museum exhibits, we walked across the highway, to an antiques store.

I didn't pay much attention when I walked in, but there was one other young couple with a small child in the emporium, perusing the wares.  I did notice a small sign attached to one shelf, that read "This Ain't No Free Museum".  I didn't give that a second thought at the moment.

I inquired about an Aladdin Lamp, as I was looking for one for my Mother.

They pointed to a Lincoln Drape pattern Aladdin Lamp on a far shelf, and I went to look it over.

About that time, the young couple were exiting the store, only the old lady proprietor would not let them out, claiming they each owed $1.00, and she pointed to a sign attached to the front door.  The door was propped open, by the way, and you would not have noticed the sign as you entered.  The sign also said "This Ain't No Free Museum".

The young couple was trying to leave, and the woman was sitting on the counter adjacent to the doorway, and she blocked the exit with her legs across the doorway, to prevent them from leaving until they paid the "ransom" fee of $2.00.  I guess if you failed to purchase an antique item from her, then you were touring her 'antiques museum', and That Ain't Free, by Golly!  You Gotta Pay! Or stay!

That's when my brother and I got wise to what was going on and we walked to the door, forgetting about the Aladdin Lamp, and we bull-dozed our way out of there, and brought the young couple along with us.

The woman ran out of the store, yelling at us, "I'm gonna call the Cops".  One of her sons had been lying down, leaning up against a tree, clothed in bib overalls an a straw hat, true to the Ozark Mountain theme.

He joned in on the foray, and we just kept on going, got into our 1976 Ford F-350 Super Camper Special pickup truck and headed toward Oklahoma Territory.

We never heard from the Cops, but it sure makes one wonder if the big lummox Arkansawyer had physically intervened, a firearm would have been nice to rely upon.

Only in Arkansas.  Or Appalachia.  Or could happen anywhere.

You never know.

Rich

Offline Tejas Remuda

• No Life
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 12:10:40 pm »
The C/L posting now indicates that the BOSS 429 has been SOLD!

From the posting:

1970 "BOSS" Mustang 429 4 speed very RARE. Original down to the the paper car dealers floor mats. Purchased back in mid 70's from the original owner and has been kept in a heated garage ever since. Under 1000 original mileage. Matching numbers. Original tires also.
A picture of the BOSS will not be shown. The ONLY people that will get to see this RARE BOSS is potential buyer/s through appointment ONLY. Have the original build sheet so no reason for a marti report.
If your a game player, send your name, address and contact number. If this information is not complete, the email will be deleted. No contacts through craig's list email, only contact will be by a call. If no one answers on your end, I don't leave messages, will move on to the next potential buyer. All potential buyer/s information will be kept confidential.

never seen in public or any car shows, EVER.

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Does anyone have any additional information concerning this BOSS? 

Rich

Offline fecarman

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 04:57:24 pm »
He sure had fun baiting everyone.