Author Topic: BOSS Reunion 2019 DATE & LOCATION & HOTEL & SCHEDULE - Watch here for updates  (Read 38522 times)

Offline Bosslost

Re: BOSS Reunion 2019 DATE & LOCATION
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2017, 01:12:00 pm »
This is good news for us as it’s about a 4 hour drive from home.
We’ve never been to this facility, but it sounds very promising. We are excited and looking forward to it and our whole fam’ is in-

This will be the first time (and prob’ the last- until after we’ve moved) we will be showing one of our BOSS cars in public. I’m pretty sure the wife’s 302 won’t be ready by then so that will stay home, but we’ll trailer the 429 up.

We won’t be entering any show competitions as there will most likely be some much nicer concourse correct cars than ours being presented, but that won’t stop us from having a ton of fun!

Although these may be premature at this time- few questions:

What will be the total day(s) of the event and the hours?

Since we will be bringing a trailer, will there be a safe place we can park it?

Will the car display area be secure overnight, or will we be responsible for removing our car during that time?

We are considering bringing our vintage camper- depending on hotel/motel costs and trip costs. We could be bringing the camper, a trailer and 2 tow vehicles.
Will there be a camping area?

We would like to give a big thanks to you and your cohorts for undertaking this massive endeavor and getting it to this point of completion. We’re sure it will be a major hit and an event that will be remembered and cherished for generations.

Thank you!
The Phillips Fam’
 ;D :D :) :)

Offline NZnoboss

• No Life
  • Livin' the dream in our Grabber Green W code :-)
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2017, 04:48:58 pm »
Let the planning begin!  ;D
Thanks for setting the location and date.
Cheers,
Bob.

'70 Boss 302 - 0FO2G126086 - GG, shaker, W code.
'95 Falcon XR8 5spd
'88 BMW 535ia

Offline Bergy

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2017, 06:51:42 am »
I've never participated in a Boss reunion before - but I'll be bringing my B9 to this event!  Can't wait.

Offline J_Speegle

• Needs A Job
    • ConcoursMustang.Com
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2017, 07:18:36 pm »
Mark,
   The thing to do would probably be to have the West Coast Boss reunion at Monterey in conjunction with the Vintage Races at Laguna Seca. A 'Boss only' section in the car corral would be easy, and assuming it wasn't an off year for the Historic Trans Am series, their appearance would be a great draw. The only drawback to the whole thing would be rooms (and the cost).... Heck, it would give me a reason to fly out there in 2019.

Dave

If you want to do a tag along might look into tying it onto/with Norcal's Mini-Nats. Wine country rooms are maybe a little cheaper, often half a parking lot empty .......  SAAC is doing it next year.

Just a thought, unless you want to organize a separate event.
CU @ ConcoursMustang.Com

Offline MD69Boss

• Needs A Job
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2017, 12:37:09 am »

The thing to do would probably be to have the West Coast Boss reunion at Monterey in conjunction with the Vintage Races at Laguna Seca. A 'Boss only' section in the car corral would be easy, and assuming it wasn't an off year for the Historic Trans Am series, their appearance would be a great draw. The only drawback to the whole thing would be rooms (and the cost).... Heck, it would give me a reason to fly out there in 2019.

Dave

Dave, we had a nice event at Laguna Seca in 2003, it coincided with the Boss 302 being one of the featured cars that year...

Offline NJ2000R

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2017, 07:10:40 am »
Why not have it at a real road course?  Virginia International Raceway is a great place and the SVT Cobra Club has an event there in April 2019?
I was thinking the same!  ;D
My Photos at Superford.org
2013 Grabber Blue #0003
1993 Cobra R speedvision wc racer
1995 Cobra R GA/IMSA hacker express #00
2000 Cobra R #262

Offline 1966GTA

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2017, 09:23:34 am »
We have not yet worked out specific details on days, hours, activities etc.  But I can tell you that we will have the option to leave trailers on site at Pitt Race, they have standard security and Auto Interest's staff stays on site overnight.  We would also have the option to hire a designated person to stay with our Boss trailers.  Also camping is allowed but I need to get specific details.  As for joining with another event that is taking place in the same time frame and location we are certainly open to that idea.  Once we get a survey circulated and review the responses it will give us some direction and guidance to what is wanted.  Thanks for the comments.

Offline 1966GTA

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2017, 09:26:57 am »
This is good news for us as it’s about a 4 hour drive from home.
We’ve never been to this facility, but it sounds very promising. We are excited and looking forward to it and our whole fam’ is in-

This will be the first time (and prob’ the last- until after we’ve moved) we will be showing one of our BOSS cars in public. I’m pretty sure the wife’s 302 won’t be ready by then so that will stay home, but we’ll trailer the 429 up.

We won’t be entering any show competitions as there will most likely be some much nicer concourse correct cars than ours being presented, but that won’t stop us from having a ton of fun!

Although these may be premature at this time- few questions:

What will be the total day(s) of the event and the hours?

Since we will be bringing a trailer, will there be a safe place we can park it?

Will the car display area be secure overnight, or will we be responsible for removing our car during that time?

We are considering bringing our vintage camper- depending on hotel/motel costs and trip costs. We could be bringing the camper, a trailer and 2 tow vehicles.
Will there be a camping area?

We would like to give a big thanks to you and your cohorts for undertaking this massive endeavor and getting it to this point of completion. We’re sure it will be a major hit and an event that will be remembered and cherished for generations.

Thank you!
The Phillips Fam’
 ;D :D :) :)
We have not yet worked out specific details on days, hours, activities etc.  But I can tell you that we will have the option to leave trailers on site at Pitt Race, they have standard security and Auto Interest's staff stays on site overnight.  We would also have the option to hire a designated person to stay with our Boss trailers.  Also camping is allowed but I need to get specific details.  As for joining with another event that is taking place in the same time frame and location we are certainly open to that idea.  Once we get a survey circulated and review the responses it will give us some direction and guidance to what is wanted.  Thanks for the comments.

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2017, 10:49:03 pm »
Too far from Seattle to take the B2. Might fly out though.

I might Join Craig and go without a BOSS...................Oh, wait I don't have one that runs anyway.
John
Have you driven a Ford Lately?

https://youtu.be/C2fY6-Ggfoo

2010 Mustang GT Red Candy Metallic
1970 BOSS 302 Mustang Lime Green Metallic
1969 1/2  BOSS 302 Mustang Calypso Coral
1962 Porsche 356B-T6 Silver-Black interior (It's a Porsche that is what they should be.)

Offline eyeflytoo

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2017, 08:57:00 pm »
Glad a date and place is set, would of been nice to be at Dearborn on the 50th. I am gonna be there, didn't matter where it is.
Currently & only own fords
69 yellow b2
69 red m code
12 yellow b2
99 F350 diesel
04 F550 diesel
05 F350 diesel

Offline Gus-SK-Boss

• PT Group
  • No Life
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2017, 06:59:27 am »
Sounds good. I will be there. Need details.

Gus

Offline boomstick33

• Cool Newbie
    • MuscleCarsForever.com
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2017, 03:35:46 pm »
Why not have it at a real road course?  Virginia International Raceway is a great place and the SVT Cobra Club has an event there in April 2019?

Um, Pitt Race is a real road course...its a great track & facilities & to be honest it's an overall better complex than Mid-Ohio is so really, why bash it? The Trans-Am series is racing there in 2018 as well. So seriously, don't knock it unless you've been there.
1971 Boss 351: Grabber Blue
1970 Corvette Stingray: Corvette Bronze, 454 4-speed
1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 coupe 4-speed

Offline polyglas

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2017, 07:09:19 pm »
Maybe MCA will have a 50 year Boss reunion in conjunction with a 55 year Mustang celebration at a major venue like they did in Charlotte and Vegas ;) MCA anniversary shows have always been around April 15th.

Offline 9F02G222453

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2018, 04:26:33 pm »
The show you are joining is a all makes show correct? Why would you have an important thing like the 50th anniversary at a all makes show? Is the road course the main reason? How many people are going to use it for anything but a photo op. Have you guys spoken with Ford about any plans or ideas? For the Cougar 50th at World headquarters the Cougars were parked under the solar panels, very cool and shade all day. I live in Fl. so the distance is closer than Dearborn, but I don't think I will be attending with my 69 boss Cougar. I'm really glad I did two of the 50th anniversary Cougar shows.

Offline 1966GTA

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2018, 12:30:29 pm »
Yes Car Fest is an all make, model event.  However, the Boss Reunion will have a designated area for showing and displaying Boss only vehicles. " A show within a show".  We not only will have access to track activities which should appeal to the 2012 and 2013 owners, there will also be activity for Auto X, and possible drag racing. Which will provide more excitement than a static show and shine event.  I truly believe this event could bring in 200 plus cars.  Pitt Race facility will provide the necessary room needed for a large group.  Dealing with potential high numbers can be very difficult to manage, need for insurance, fee processing, staffing etc.  Auto Interests can assist us with all pre registration and of course they carry insurance.  If you have never managed an event I understand that you would not know all the pre planning logistics and behind the scene needs.  In todays world it is important to have insurance, electronic processing and staffing to manage an event.  We are not an established event company and Auto Interests will be providing a great deal of assistance in areas that we need help make this reunion a success.  Thanks for your comments and hopefully you will decide to attend.