Author Topic: BOSS Reunion 2019 DATE & LOCATION & HOTEL & SCHEDULE - Watch here for updates  (Read 25026 times)

Offline Idylboss

• KK1351
Re: BOSS Reunion 2019 DATE & LOCATION
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2018, 04:05:42 pm »
Hi Mark - take a look under Event - Boss Nationals.  130+ cars signed up, quite a few from the Registry will be there.  How about you?

Offline 1owner

• No Life
Re: BOSS Reunion 2019 DATE & LOCATION & HOTEL & SCHEDULE - Watch here for updates
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2018, 08:19:12 pm »
Im in!
Phillip B
9F02G188360

Offline 69MustangMike

• Needs A Job
    • Infrared & Mold Inspections
Re: BOSS Reunion 2019 DATE & LOCATION & HOTEL & SCHEDULE - Watch here for updates
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2018, 09:41:15 am »
It all sounds good but as stated its way 2 far for us on the West coast people- there should be 2 events- 1 on each coast  East & West

69 Calypso Corral B302
1970 Grabber Blue B302
1974 GTS Pantera
1970 Challenger R/T
1968 Charger R/T
1969 B302- brother of cc Boss above VIN 216
87 Conv Mustang 5.0
89 Hatchback 5.0
1970 B302 Cougar Eliminator matching #s

"I'm feeling fine in both my 69's"

Offline crossboss

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
  • ^My Old Heap Boss 302…aka S-B Racing!
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2018, 08:17:06 am »
It all sounds good but as stated its way 2 far for us on the West coast people- there should be 2 events- 1 on each coast  East & West

I agree.
BTW, my worthless two cents…
I give an 'A' for effort, yet an 'F' for execution. Let me explain. (Yes, I understand you can't please everyone….) However, by 'only' having this event on the east coast, you just alienated most members who happen to live on the west coast. A much more plausible approach would have been to (as mentioned) combine it with another event, such as the MCA/SAAC/local open track event/show in the central portion of the US. This way, its accessible for both coasts. Maybe next year, this can be arranged. Just me...
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 6 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase headed, intake mounted with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style…Whew!

Volvo 1800, being converted to Boss 302 power…coming soon!

Offline BBBBOSS70

• Cool Newbie
Planning on being there for sure! ;D About two hours from my home.

Offline bossneeds

• Needs A Job
  • Life's too short, enjoy every minute!
Happy wife and I just booked the room. Probably doing mugs and ?
1967 Tiger MK1-A
1970 Shelby GT350
2013 BOSS 302 LS #712 GO
2016 Shelby GT350 Magnetic blk stripes
2017 GT350R-Magnetic w/white stripes
Wife still Happy, recovering.
Eat WI cheese and bratwurst!

Offline NZnoboss

• Livin' the dream in our Grabber Green W code :-)
We just booked our room. Coming from New Zealand  ;D
Cheers,
Bob.

'70 Boss 302 - 0FO2G126086 - GG, shaker, W code.
'95 Falcon XR8 5spd
'88 BMW 535ia

Offline rzboss302

We also have the plan to come over from The Netherlands to visit the 2019 BOSS Reunion….

We start our holiday 3 weeks earlier in Miami, Florida and ends at the BOSS Reunion in Pittsburg.

Richard

Offline linderpat

Just got my 2012 Boss LS, and cannot wait to attend this event. I live in Pittsburgh, and Pitt Race is my home track. I have tracked my former GT Mustangs there for many years, and now my 911. It is an outstanding track, very technical in places, and fast on the back stretch. Really cool and coincidental that this event is occurring here, just when I got this car!

Offline linderpat

Also, just read through all of the threads here. A couple of observations:

First, as to the holding the event at Pitt Race, this is the best location for everyone on this side of the country. There is no good way to hold these things somewhere in the middle, like SD (as somebody suggested). When that happens, the upshot is that hardly anyone can go, as it is too far for either the east coast or west coast crowd. (I lived a number of years in Montana, and it is a really big empty country out in the middle - SD is endlessly empty). Better option is to aternate the event between the coasts, and occassionally in the middle like the Chicago or St Louis areas.

Second, as to the track, it is situated out in the country, and is a large, fenced facility. It is secure, and there is very little activity around it (almost no development). There is wide open space for camping, and many people do. There is tons of room for trailers, and electrical hook ups. All in all, it is a good place to bring your car and leave it there, and stay there too if you want to camp. There are not a lot of hotels real close though. You'll have to drive 20 minutes down the PA Turnpike to Cranberry to get into the bigger hotels.

Third, again as to the track, it is owned by a couple who co-own VIR. So for the guy that suggested Pitt Race isn't a "real track" and we should instead go to VIR, well, come and see it. These owners know what they are doing. It is a 2.8 mile outstanding road course, recently repaved, with excellent elevation changes, a few "blind" rises that'll make your hair stand on end, excellent esses and passing zones, and very good run-off for the more aggressive drivers who like to explore the limits (ask me how I know;-)). Since this track changed ownership several years ago and expanded into the south track, there have been a good number of significant events held there. I've driven Watkins Glen (best of the best), Summit Pouint and others out west, and Pitt Race is as good as any.

This will be a fun event! Looking forward to seeing all the cool Boss'!

Offline rzboss302

Today I booked my room for the Reunion.
Come from The Netherlands, Europe so the BOSS stays at home....

Richard

Offline DougD

Anybody else see the irony in people from Europe and New Zealand booking rooms for the Reunion while Californians complain about it being too far ..........😀
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 09:49:19 am by DougD »

Offline kdperry

We Got booked yesterday finally got my hands on a two car enclosed trailer so both of my cars will be heading east Cant wait I had to miss the last big Boss event this time work is going to be out of luck lol

Offline Hoss302

Just booked...wow...thanks for doing this!  Can hardly wait!!   I am 5 hours away.  May just drive right in on the 3.50s.  Boss 302 baby!

Offline abzack

Hello to all. New member making my first post here. My wife and I got our 2012 Boss 302 back in October and we just made our hotel reservations for the reunion.  We are really looking forward to the event and meeting everyone.