Author Topic: Brand New "FORD LICENSED" Vintage Boss 302, Boss 429, and Mach 1 Mustangs  (Read 3529 times)

Offline Oldstang

I am not on the fence with this one. I think the 69, 70, and 71 boss mustangs have been meticulously maintained by their caretakers or extensively and expensively restored by their caretakers. To put them into the same category as new bosses is sacreligios.  The originals are for shows and fun and keeping the mark alive. The news ones are for thrashing hard and putting away wet. Similar but NOT the same! Just my opinion.

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
It will be interesting to see what & how the actual VINs will be and how they will be created.

I sent “Classic Creations” a message asking about the vins. Whether or not they would be new continuations of the Boss G code and Z code #s, etc... their response this morning was, “We use original 1969-1970 Mustangs to start the restoration. So you will receive an original VIN#.“....So, it seems you’ll likely get the vin of some old undesireable F code.. this is, in fact, just a glorified rstomod with Fords approval. But not Fords backing - if it were, new Boss vins would be created.

And no doubt they will ask over $150k for one of these. When you could restomod a 69-70 for under 100. I don’t see the good “investment” that their website boasts about.

CHIZ_65,
I have decided that I will opiniate a little bit. I am leaning towards the if someone is willing to invest their advertising dollars to build "New" BOSS Mustangs it can't be bad for the original cars. Now will Classic Restoration decide to buy rusted out hulks of BOSS 302 Mustangs and use those VIN numbers for Dynacorn Mustang bodies?? Pass the popcorn.
John
I thought that was a rebody AND against the Law??

Exactly my point.
John
Parts are parts, cash is only money and doesn't have the same value. You get that right?

1962 Porsche 356B-T6 Silver-Black interior (It's a Porsche that is what they should be.)
1969 1/2  BOSS 302 Mustang Calypso Coral (it's a '69 1/2 the popsicle colors are the best!)
1970 BOSS 302 Mustang Lime Green Metallic
2010 Mustang GT Red Candy Metallic

Offline 6T9BOSS

• Needs A Job
I am not on the fence with this one. I think the 69, 70, and 71 boss mustangs have been meticulously maintained by their caretakers or extensively and expensively restored by their caretakers. To put them into the same category as new bosses is sacreligios.  The originals are for shows and fun and keeping the mark alive. The news ones are for thrashing hard and putting away wet. Similar but NOT the same! Just my opinion.

Then why not simply start with a ( crummy ) Dynacorn body.."clean sheet" since a original VIN F,S,M, body actually means nothing. Instead of chopping up good original cars like the Eleanor crowd did.

NOW...GM is getting into the act with Yenko "recreations" but listed in the GM registry... more mud in the water..... ::)

Offline Oldstang

I am under the understanding that the customers would have the option to get the new body. Why would you order a car that has to be restored before it can be built. I would assume most would go for the new body as opposed to rebuilding an old one. By the way the real Eleanor wasn’t a 67 either it was a 72 or 73 I think. The remake of that movie was to blame for all that. In other words I agree with you.

Offline Hazedmagnums

This endeavor should be a non-starter. It seems for the price (steeeeep!), one could buy a very nice original and enjoy all of the pride of ownership and rewards that owning such a car brings - including driving it. Am I concerned about getting franged in the rear at a traffic light? Maybe. Do I worry? No! That's why I pay Hagerty!!
The "continuation" cars will never truly be a BOSS 302 or 429. Hell, in some cases they will not even be a Mustang!
I do not accept them.

Offline RadBOSS

• True BOSS 302 Exhange Enthusiast
  • A/S Solo I RIR Turn 6, 1973-4
There is a group rounding 65 k code Mustangs and converting them to the iconic GT350.  Two members of the group worked for Shelby back in the day.  These will feature couple mods that are bot period correct.  I think I read Ford has blessed this for27 or so such cars.

1929 Model A Roadster
1969 BOSS - original owner
1987 Merkur Xr4Ti (with Sierra Cosworth body kit)
2005 Jeep LJ
2012 GMC Yukon XL
2016 Shelby GT350R

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. " - Will Rogers

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right." - Henry Ford

"Anything worth doing, is worth doing right." - Unknown

Offline Clifford

• No Life
By the way the real Eleanor wasn’t a 67 either it was a 72 or 73 I think. The remake of that movie was to blame for all that. In other words I agree with you.

You are correct. In the original Gone In 60 Seconds movie the Eleanor car was a yellow 1972 Mustang with updated 1973 front end sheet metal. The original movie was released on 7/28/1974. The remake Gone In 60 Seconds movie with Nicolas Cage and Angelina Jolie was released 6/9/2000.
The Big Red Dog

Offline 69mach351w

• occasional poster
...........Its a resto mod with a blessing from Ford...............

Not sure that Licensed by Ford = blessed.  IMHO it’s more of a contractual agreement likely tied to Ford getting a cut - profit. You can define or take it from there.
Lol, of course Ford will get a profit-cut. That's a no brainer.

Offline 69mach351w

• occasional poster
Re: Brand New "FORD LICENSED" Vintage Boss 302, Boss 429, and Mach 1 Mustangs
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2018, 08:35:44 pm »
https://youtu.be/lD3NPSkYXP8

Now let me get my box of popcorn 🍿

Offline 6T9BOSS

• Needs A Job
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2018, 03:49:30 am »
I heard the announcer say that  next year ( 2020 ?) they will start making  BOSS 302's...

Offline vespaholic

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2018, 09:32:22 am »
Good!!
I hope they build these repro, continuation cars and sell them for a ton of money!!!
It will only drive up the price of the real cars!!

Offline Bossgold

• No Life
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2018, 02:21:56 pm »
not really a fan of the new mods on the outside. I think it would have been way better to keep all of the outside classic styling to make the car under stated and update the internals. The black bumper does nothing in my opinion. Wonder what the price tag was.......something ridiculous

Offline crossboss

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
  • My Old Heap
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2018, 02:51:52 pm »
Boys,
Since Ford and GM have stated they will no longer make/sell new sedans and coupes (except Mustang and Camaro), I believe they will follow suit like Gibson and Fender by selling re-issues of their past models. This is the new norm. Of course, with BIG price tags….aka profits.
<My old heap Boss 302…aka S-B Racing!

Current lifelong project:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 6 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase headed, intake mounted with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style…Whew!
Another 'project' in the works!! For now, its top secret...

Offline McKeever

• Needs A Job
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2018, 06:09:46 pm »
I was kinda OK with it, but.

The speaker placed in the foot well, next to the clutch pedal sum's it all up for me, I'll stab that off on the 1st shift!

Oh and I forgot about the cup holder's in the console ??? are you kidding me!!

Talk about diluting the breed....with Ford's blessing no less.

Dear God take me now, and let me live in the 60's and 70's....the Best Cars and the Best Music
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 06:28:34 pm by McKeever »
Owned my BOSS since March 1974.
0F02G154740 Dearborn 1-16-70
Muzzle Installed
Honesty is doing the right thing with a witness.
Integrity is doing the right thing without one

Offline bossneeds

• Needs A Job
  • Life's too short, enjoy every minute!
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2018, 07:22:52 pm »
IMHO, with the market where it is right now, I really don't think these will sell well. Sure there will be some buyers, but for the purists, these are not the same as the originals. Never will be, ever. I might spend less than a minute looking at one if I ever see one. Dumb idea.
1967 Tiger MK1-A
1970 Shelby GT350
2013 BOSS 302 LS #712 GO
2016 Shelby GT350 Magnetic blk stripes
2017 GT350R-Magnetic w/white stripes
Wife still Happy, recovering.
Eat WI cheese and bratwurst!