Author Topic: Dick Serdinak owner of Portage Performance  (Read 1941 times)

Offline 428scjmach

Dick Serdinak owner of Portage Performance
« on: April 26, 2018, 04:05:37 pm »
Sorry to announce the passing of Dick Serdinak on Tuesday April 24. He was a very knowledgeable Boss 429 owner and engine builder.

Offline ed meyer

• No Life
Re: Dick Serdinak owner of Portage Performance
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 08:00:49 pm »
Sad news & a great loss in the ford world > Dick was a nice guy who go along with everybody & a very serious ford guy who could make cars run . He is best known for his black boss 429 .

Offline Gus-SK-Boss

• PT Group
  • No Life
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 09:56:22 pm »
Sorry to here that. I met Terry a fellow Boss Reg. member today and we talked about Dick over lunch. He to recalls the black Boss 429. My condolence to his family. I wish I could have met Dick,
Gods speed Dick.

Gus

Offline shotgun

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 02:40:03 pm »
What a bummer, nice guy, he built my Boss 9 engine around 18 years ago. His black car was amazing to watch at the drag strip, he really knew how to make them run!!!

Offline BBBBOSS70

• Cool Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 09:39:22 am »
Dick was a super nice guy. I knew him and his brother Rich though my brother. I was lucky enough to get a ride in his Black Boss9. That thing was an animal and Rich wasn't afraid to run it! The last time I saw him was years ago at Quaker City Dragway in Salem Ohio. They used to run the Muscle Car Showdown there. They had some serious cars show up like the Red Alert Chevelle, Barry Poole's 68 CJ, Dick Harrell's 69 Camaro, the 70 Boss9 "Going thing" etc. Used to be quite the event. I remember Dick was pissed because on one of his trial runs he severely bent his Lakewood Traction bars! He had to send someone to Summit Racing to get another set. Good times! RIP