Author Topic: B2 exhaust system  (Read 1160 times)

Offline 1NiceBoss

• One Off the Bucket List
Re: B2 exhaust system
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2018, 06:21:28 am »
Steve,

Hopefully some good feedback to Dave would get him to take another look at his H pipe and correct it if there is a re-occurring issue. Dave seems to be the kind of guy that wants to make it right. Maybe a good question for the next forum member looking for exhaust to ask Dave before their purchase. For what it's worth, I sent a email to Dave asking him to review this thread for more detail if he hasn't seen it already.

Marty
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 06:34:52 am by 1NiceBoss »
Live everyday like it may be your last...You just don't know what tomorrow will bring.

Offline pcunder

• PT Group
  • Go Astros ..!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2018, 08:14:06 am »
I bought a Scott F H-pipe (beautiful) for my 70 resto with hope of patching together the rest of the system or having it custom bent locally... But I like the idea of using the original muffler hangers. I mean, how many others offer that? Must don't have staggered shocks options.

Online, I've asked for a quote on the proper 2 1/4" and an upgraded 2 1/2" complete system (sans H-pipe or hangers)

I'll mention to him/them the incompatibility as an FYI when we eventually talk...
There is NO ordering without first having a 1 on 1 conversation to ensure the proper system is delivered. That's a simple but excellent idea...

Phil
66 Mustang-A  Emberglo GT Fastback 4-spd, AC, C8AM, 9", Konis
69 Mustang-G  Blue Shelby tribute, modified, 3.50-TL/CR, resto
70 Mustang-G  Lime Metallic, #2 owner, 3.50/WR, Paxton, repaint
D1ZE Motor- Indy 289 crank, TA rods, Clevor top; need Ford track car

Offline Rustin

• No Life
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 09:44:01 am »
Dave said he is not set up for 2.5 exhaust.   He can do 2.5 H pipe

Offline pcunder

• PT Group
  • Go Astros ..!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 03:08:03 pm »
Rusty,

Well darn it. I  guess I'll have to call em to find out. But it figures; they've already got LOTS of good options listed. I just need to pick one.

They've had my inquiry and my phone# ("if I wish to be called") for a while now. Guess they're not gonna reply or call.

Phil
66 Mustang-A  Emberglo GT Fastback 4-spd, AC, C8AM, 9", Konis
69 Mustang-G  Blue Shelby tribute, modified, 3.50-TL/CR, resto
70 Mustang-G  Lime Metallic, #2 owner, 3.50/WR, Paxton, repaint
D1ZE Motor- Indy 289 crank, TA rods, Clevor top; need Ford track car

Offline 1NiceBoss

• One Off the Bucket List
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2018, 05:23:00 am »
Phil.

I would suggest to call Dave at Precision 860 617-0556. For some reason I don't think their inquiry form is working on their web site. You may want to mention that to Dave also.

Marty
Live everyday like it may be your last...You just don't know what tomorrow will bring.

Offline 70BossTA

• Needs A Job
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2018, 09:31:06 am »
Phil,
       The ONLY one I ever knew that did 2-1/2" mandrel bent complete Boss / CJ tailpipes was Dr.Gas!  However he stopped doing them years (maybe 10) ago!!  Very nice!!  But you could call and ask if he could still do a set??

My stuff from Dave is top notch, very pleased.  I have the Dr.gas X pipe off my headers......!!!  Can't wait to fire it up!!

Ed
Previously owned: 
SFM5S271  65 Shelby (B/P)
#16 - Peter Gregg 1971-1 BM T/A team Mustang
0F02G157794 Second owner - (Grabber Orange)