Author Topic: Boss351 VIN 148379, engine, trans found  (Read 1716 times)

Offline C5GY63E

Boss351 VIN 148379, engine, trans found
« on: February 07, 2018, 07:46:29 am »
Folks, recently came into possession of the original serial number matching engine and trans from the 1971 Boss 351 with VIN ending in 148379. Have posted this in several locations trying to see if the original car may still be out there so this may be repeat info for many of you. Car was originally sold in upstate SC and looks to have spent its entire life in that area. The drivetrain was installed in a 1970 Mustang convertible back in the early 80's and has been there ever since. According to the owner it likely has about 40-45K original miles. This cars build date was the first week of December 1970 and all of the casting date codes correspond to that. If anyone knows of the whereabouts of this VIN body please let me know or pass this info along to the current owner as I would like to get the drivetrain back to its original car.

Best way to contact me is by text message at 704 661 3592. I will be continuing to look for the original car for another couple weeks. If not located this drivetrain will be available for sale. Some pics are available but the drivetrain is still in the convertible so at the moment some numbers cannot be seen with a camera.

Thanks