Author Topic: Clutch Pedal hole to rod Fix?  (Read 188 times)

Offline Boss980

• No Life
Clutch Pedal hole to rod Fix?
« on: September 16, 2018, 04:13:48 pm »
The hole in my clutch pedal that the clutch rod goes into is elongated. (I'm not talking Clutch/Brake pedal shaft) I don't care much for the FORD plastic bushings. Is there a brass bushing a little larger but similar to the FORD door hinge that anyone has had success with that would work for this situation??

I guess I could weld it up but didn't know if there was a quicker better fix ?

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:35:47 pm by Boss980 »

Online crossboss

• PT Group
  • Needs A Job
  • My Old Heap
Re: Clutch Pedal hole to rod Fix?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 05:04:20 pm »
Dan,
IF your really creative and don't mind the modification, some guys drill out the hole and spot weld a roller pilot bushing from a 5.0 HO. This may also require a modification on the clutch rod end to fit. That said, I believe a Nissan pilot bushing is a bit smaller and will not require any alteration to the clutch rod.
<My old heap Boss 302…aka S-B Racing!

Current lifelong project:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase headed, intake mounted with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style…Whew!

Offline Boss980

• No Life
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 06:12:34 pm »
Dan,
IF your really creative and don't mind the modification, some guys drill out the hole and spot weld a roller pilot bushing from a 5.0 HO. This may also require a modification on the clutch rod end to fit. That said, I believe a Nissan pilot bushing is a bit smaller and will not require any alteration to the clutch rod.
I don't think I want that much modification the Nissan may work. I thought I would try a few Brass bushings
Something like 7/16 od 3/8 id or a 7/16 od 5/16 id Ill try a few out, just thought someone may have already done this

Offline geo302b

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 05:39:41 am »
shifter bushing? keep it lubed?

Offline DougD

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 06:54:53 am »
I had the same problem with mine.
I decided to weld it shut and then used a mill to make a nice, square hole for the bushing.
I bought a new bushing from NPD, lubed it, and reassembled.
Smooth as butter.
I also replaced the rod with a NOS one. Beware, the reproductions are not the same shape and require some "tweaking" to work.