Author Topic: 50th anniversary West Coast and PNW Medford BOSS 302 Gathering Aug. 2,3 & 4 2019  (Read 5734 times)

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
That's all we have is 11 Boss cars coming. You guys that miss this will kick yourself later. I did an event like this in 07 and we all wondered if it would be any good. Everyone that came said it was so much fun just being with others. Some of us still talk about it. The best time they ever had. Most everyone goes to these car shows and the competition and trophies. An event like this is relaxing and just time to hang out. Any weekend you can just talk  about and look at Boss Mustangs is a great weekend. I know the rooms are booked but there are always ways.

Another note to others coming. Over the years Boss 302 stuff is in all kinds of things. There is die cast, pictures,Posters, cups, glasses,calendars and all kinds of things. I collect all kinds of things with Boss 302 on it. If you have anything else you collect bring it along. The cars are really cool but kind of fun to see what kinds of things the Boss 302 name has generated. Kinda like show and tell. No not "you show me yours and I'll show you mine". I plan on bringing a few things and also my R/C cars. anyone want to race?

Paul,
We are going to have fun.
John
1st universal rule of value,
"Parts are parts, cash is only money and doesn't have the same value. You get that right?"

2nd universal rule of value, "an object is only worth the higher of two values placed upon it by either the current entity in possession of the item, or the value placed on it by an entity wanting to take over possession of the item."

Offline prjohnson3

• No Life
    • http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x400/bosslover/Boss%20junior/?action=view&current=SANY0393.jpg
That's all we have is 11 Boss cars coming. You guys that miss this will kick yourself later. I did an event like this in 07 and we all wondered if it would be any good. Everyone that came said it was so much fun just being with others. Some of us still talk about it. The best time they ever had. Most everyone goes to these car shows and the competition and trophies. An event like this is relaxing and just time to hang out. Any weekend you can just talk  about and look at Boss Mustangs is a great weekend. I know the rooms are booked but there are always ways.

Another note to others coming. Over the years Boss 302 stuff is in all kinds of things. There is die cast, pictures,Posters, cups, glasses,calendars and all kinds of things. I collect all kinds of things with Boss 302 on it. If you have anything else you collect bring it along. The cars are really cool but kind of fun to see what kinds of things the Boss 302 name has generated. Kinda like show and tell. No not "you show me yours and I'll show you mine". I plan on bringing a few things and also my R/C cars. anyone want to race?

Paul,
John
Yes we will and I have been to car shows, and anniversaries and such before. A gathering gives you time to hang out and talk to others so that is why I said to others, you will miss a good time. Oh yes Bob and I are coming together. Anyone from California want to travel together?

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job

Paul,
John
Yes we will and I have been to car shows, and anniversaries and such before. A gathering gives you time to hang out and talk to others so that is why I said to others, you will miss a good time. Oh yes Bob and I are coming together. Anyone from California want to travel together?

In the true spirit of the good old days Melody planned Friday night dinner as pizza in the parking lot.
John
"Parts are parts, cash is only money and doesn't have the same value. You get that right?"

2nd universal rule of value, "an object is only worth the higher of two values placed upon it by either the current entity in possession of the item, or the value placed on it by an entity wanting to take over possession of the item."

Offline Idylboss

• KK1351
John,  I wish I could make it, but you already know who's not a happy camper next week,  Only 11 cars huh, well I've been to shows with 300+, 2000+ and you know what?? I usually end out hanging out with 10 of my best friends who share the same interests as me.  Sometimes there are big turnouts and you say "man I wish I saw that one car", this time you'll see, touch and smell each car in attendance.  This will be a great gathering, a fantastic time will be had by all and a lifetime of memories!  Have fun, I'll be there in spirit!
Marc
boss429sd@yahoo.com

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
John,  I wish I could make it, but you already know who's not a happy camper next week,  Only 11 cars huh, well I've been to shows with 300+, 2000+ and you know what?? I usually end out hanging out with 10 of my best friends who share the same interests as me.  Sometimes there are big turnouts and you say "man I wish I saw that one car", this time you'll see, touch and smell each car in attendance.  This will be a great gathering, a fantastic time will be had by all and a lifetime of memories!  Have fun, I'll be there in spirit!

There are more cars coming, not everyone is from the website.
John

Offline prjohnson3

• No Life
    • http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x400/bosslover/Boss%20junior/?action=view&current=SANY0393.jpg

Paul,
John

In the true spirit of the good old days Melody planned Friday night dinner as pizza in the parking lot.
John
Pizza is a great idea. Leave it to Melody. It will be like the parking lots we hung out in back in the day.

Offline BOSSwish

Well my 69 Acapulco Blue is looking better that it will be there. The engine is back in! Yahoo!
Flange up the tranny, on with the driveshaft and then put on the new exhaust system and then sort out the car.
Its looking better every day.

Philip
Tell the truth...there's less to remember that way - Indian Larry

Offline Tim Barker

• No Life

I’ll be there hanging out with all my friends and hopefully allot of new ones. Unfortunately, I will not be able to have my car there but very much looking forward to seeing everyone’s cars that are there.

Tim
1970 BOSS 302, Yellow on White, 0F02G150833

Offline 69MustangMike

• Needs A Job
    • Infrared & Mold Inspections
John as I really hate and regret now not being able to make it due to some family situation and work-wise now.

I'm really going to miss the gathering and I will be there in spirit and just kicking back with all the cars guys reminiscing, meeting new people and seeing old friends is one of the greatest moments you can do

Guys & gals all of you have fun and be safe

Mike V

69 Calypso Corral B302
1970 Grabber Blue B302
1974 GTS Pantera
1970 Challenger R/T
1968 Charger R/T
1969 B302- brother of cc Boss above VIN 216
87 Conv Mustang 5.0
89 Hatchback 5.0
1970 B302 Cougar Eliminator matching #s

"I'm feeling fine in both my 69's"

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
John as I really hate and regret now not being able to make it due to some family situation and work-wise now.

I'm really going to miss the gathering and I will be there in spirit and just kicking back with all the cars guys reminiscing, meeting new people and seeing old friends is one of the greatest moments you can do

Guys & gals all of you have fun and be safe

Mike V

Mike,
I wish you could have made it as well.
John

Offline OFO2G154573

Good morning John -

It looks like Paul (prjohnson3) and I are caravanning from the Central CA together (trailering....but that's another story), and will be arriving in Medford Early afternoon Friday.   Can you provide any guidance in terms of where you want us to park the B302's, after we download the cars?

Any other direction is appreciated - see you on Friday!   BTW, my son is coming down from Seattle to be with us - it will be great for you to meet him. 

Thanks,

Bob
OF02G154573 (owned since 12/88)
Saleen 90-140 (7-UP car - original owner)
1965 Porsche 356 C
2014 F150

Offline 0F02G202911

• Needs A Job
  • Henry Ford III at Peterson
Bob, Paul (and anyone else?)

We'll be heading out from Sacramento Friday morning (original point of origin is LA). What part of Central Ca are you from?
Want to meet up?
Gary
70 B302
68 CJ XR-7 GTE

Offline OFO2G154573

Hi Gary -

Our plan is to leave Paso Robles (Paul), and Monterey (me), at some reasonable time  on Thursday morning - and drive up to Redding and spend the night.    We're planning on leaving Redding on Friday morning (timing TBD) and get up to Medford early-mid afternoon.  When are you leaving Sac on Friday morning?

We could meet up in Redding and the three of us take the balance of the trip.  This is awesome....

Bob
OF02G154573 (owned since 12/88)
Saleen 90-140 (7-UP car - original owner)
1965 Porsche 356 C
2014 F150

Offline J_Speegle

• Needs A Job
    • ConcoursMustang.Com
Will be on the look out for individuals and small groups as we make our way north. Will be driving a rental :(  but will be there anyway.  If a car drops in behind you and sticks there - might just be us
CU @ ConcoursMustang.Com

Offline 0F02G202911

• Needs A Job
  • Henry Ford III at Peterson
When are you leaving Sac on Friday morning?

At a reasonable time. ;)

It's about a 2-1/2 hr drive from Sacto to Redding. Maybe our "reasonables" can align.

I think John sent you my phone number. Why don't we all PM w phone numbers and see what we can put together.

Gary
70 B302
68 CJ XR-7 GTE