Author Topic: 50th anniversary West Coast and PNW Medford BOSS 302 Gathering Aug. 2,3 & 4 2019  (Read 5739 times)

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
Agreed! And I hope a bunch of us from the south can make it to both!
BTW, I am on the "Milestone" Committee for the FFF show, and we'll be looking for probably 3 BOSS cars to be in the featured display. Let me know if you are interested so you can submit pix and a description.

Man, you need to talk Mark into bringing his Calypso Coral 1969 with the white interior. Jim Boyd did the restoration, Mark has tuned up the fine points on the restoration and it is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!
John
1st universal rule of value,
"Parts are parts, cash is only money and doesn't have the same value. You get that right?"

2nd universal rule of value, "an object is only worth the higher of two values placed upon it by either the current entity in possession of the item, or the value placed on it by an entity wanting to take over possession of the item."

Offline 0F02G202911

• Needs A Job
  • Henry Ford III at Peterson
John -
I'm not sure which Mark has the nice 69. Please check PM. Thanks.
Gary
70 B302
68 CJ XR-7 GTE

Offline 69MustangMike

• Needs A Job
    • Infrared & Mold Inspections
John keep me in the loop and depending on whereas I might be able to bring 1-4 of the Bosses

Mike

69 Calypso Corral B302
1970 Grabber Blue B302
1974 GTS Pantera
1970 Challenger R/T
1968 Charger R/T
1969 B302- brother of cc Boss above VIN 216
87 Conv Mustang 5.0
89 Hatchback 5.0
1970 B302 Cougar Eliminator matching #s

"I'm feeling fine in both my 69's"

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
We have our Target dates for this event and are currently working with local hotels on special rates. But I wanted to get the dates out to everyone ASAP so plans can be made if West Coast BOSS owners want to attend. Of course anyone from around the country is welcome to attend this gathering. Focusing on BOSS 302 Mustangs and Cougars, BOSS 429 Mustangs, and BOSS 351 Mustangs. More details to follow.

50th anniversary West Coast and Pacific Northwest Medford Oregon BOSS 302 Gathering - Aug. 2, 3 & 4 2019
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 11:32:51 pm by JohnSlack »
"Parts are parts, cash is only money and doesn't have the same value. You get that right?"

2nd universal rule of value, "an object is only worth the higher of two values placed upon it by either the current entity in possession of the item, or the value placed on it by an entity wanting to take over possession of the item."

Offline OFO2G154573

John -

I'll make it - I'll drive up from Monterey.

Bob
OF02G154573 (owned since 12/88)
Saleen 90-140 (7-UP car - original owner)
1965 Porsche 356 C
2014 F150

Offline hov

• http://1965gt350mustang.com
Alright John, I am in, lets set a goal for 50 BOSS 302's ?  Medford or Bust. I spoke to Boyd last night, I'll start calling other people I know in the PNW who have BOSS 302's . Mark Petersen is the other Mark with the '69, too many Mark's.   Mark 

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
John -

I'll make it - I'll drive up from Monterey.

Bob

Bob,
Sounds great! Roughly 470 miles from your area. Maybe you can get some of the other guys in that area to caravan. That would make for a cool time!
John

Offline Idylboss

• KK1351
John,

Let us know when you have a rough schedule for the weekend, hope to be able to squeeze it in!
Marc
boss429sd@yahoo.com

Offline 1970 boss shelby

hi guys- looks like at least three of us from Vancouver BC are planning to head down to Medford-   Yellow 70 -  Calypso 69  Grabber Orange 70 - now where did i put my highway gears?  3.25's 
70 grabber blue gt500 
70  BOSS 302 medium blue metallic metuchen - under going major sugery ( total restoration) started  nov/17

Offline BOSSwish

Barring unforeseen circumstances Cher, MacKenzie and I will be there with our 69 Acapulco Blue BOSS 302. 2300 miles round trip from Edmonton, Alberta but worth it. I’ll have to book soon to ensure a trailer spot. Bringing my 24’ enclosed trailer for this one.

Philip
Tell the truth...there's less to remember that way - Indian Larry

Offline 1970 boss shelby

hey John S   how many have committed to Medford?
70 grabber blue gt500 
70  BOSS 302 medium blue metallic metuchen - under going major sugery ( total restoration) started  nov/17

Offline mustangmann

• Cool Newbie
Hello all;

I have been absent from the site for quite some time, and I just ran across this post.  I live in Central Point (suburb of Medford), and would be willing to help with logistics.  I can put whomever is in charge with a friend of mine who runs the Hilton properties here in Medford.  She can make the hotel thing easier (and maybe cheaper!).

Where would the show/display be held?

Ken Mann
Enthusiastic Enthusiast

Offline JohnSlack

• Needs A Job
Okay  folks…………….here’s what we have

We’ve had a lot of people asking about this event but we need to be clear…….It’s not an event…..it’s a “Gathering”.   The differences being there will not be a race track, there will not be a structured car show, so there will be no judging or trophies.   

The main concept of this “Gathering” is to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the “Vintage” BOSS 302, BOSS 429 and BOSS 351 Mustangs and Cougars!  The “Gathering” is meant to be more like the old days when we all used to get together, enjoy the cars and talk about them.   

We’ve negotiated with the hotels and   they have told us we are restricted to 30 parking spaces.  This means we are forced to limit the “Gathering” to 30 cars. In the spirit of the anniversary, we would like to limit the cars to 1969, 1970, and 1971 cars only.    However people that want to just attend without bringing a vintage car are more than welcome.  Please use the hotel hyperlinks for reservations – the discount is small but it keeps us all together.
Here is a quick summary of our  “2019 50th Anniversary Gathering  of Vintage  BOSS Cars” :

Friday,  August 2, 2019  Arrive at Hotels in South Medford

•   Springhill Suites , Medford, Oregon – 2 Queen Suite $159.00
        https://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=2019%20Mustang%20Anniversary%5EMFRSH%60MUSMUSB%60159%60USD%60false%606%608/2/19%608/5/19%607/12/19&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes

•   Towneplace Suites, Medford, Oregon - Studio Suite $139.00
        https://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=2019%20Mustang%20Anniversary%5EMFRTS%60MUSMUSA%60139%60USD%60false%604%608/2/19%608/5/19%607/12/19&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes

•   Holiday Inn Express, Medford, Oregon - 2 Queen Room $149.00
       https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/medford/mfrcd/hoteldetail/events-facilities?newRedirect=true&qSrt=sBR&qIta=99801505&icdv=99801505&qSlH=mfrcd&qGrpCd=MTG&setPMCookies=true&qDest=1375%20Center%20Drive,%20Medford,%20OR,%20US&srb_u=1
   With the Holiday Inn Express link you have to follow these steps;
Click the link above,  Select your dates,  Click “CHECK AVAILABILITY”, The Two Queen Beds Nonsmoking prompt will come up.  Click “SELECT ROOM”, The “2019 Mustang Anniversary” Prompt will come up, click the “SELECT RATE” prompt. Your reservation page final page will come up and you can fill in your information.

(The negotiated rates require a check in of Friday August 2nd and allows for a checkout on either Sunday August 4th or Monday August 5th.   The Gathering officially ends on Sunday 4th).)

(…sorry about the” 2019 Mustang Anniversary” wording.  The hotels took this title and applied it to all of their  titles)

The hotels  all use the same parking lot so this makes the designated spaces very convenient.  The additional plan is that car owners will pool funds to provide security for these collector cars. (We will discuss this amount as we get further into it, however there will be no profit margin – just the billed amount divided by the number of cars.)
o   Around 6:00 - Dinner at a local winery (still working on these details).

Saturday, August 3, 2019 
o   Individuals have breakfast  at  their respective hotels
o   We will have a host  at each hotel  to facilitate conversation and answer questions about the agenda (John Slack, Craig Johnson and Mark Hovander).
o   Around 10:00  - gather in the parking lot and prepare to drive to Lake of the Woods Resort.   The drive takes about 1 hour – take I-5 south to Hwy 66 – then turn left on Dead Indian Memorial Road.  Take this all the way to Lake of the Wood Resort.  Look it up on Google Maps, its an awesome drive!
o    Lunch is on your own at Lake of the Woods Resort but they have a nice selection. 
o   Around 2:00 - Leave Lake of the Woods Resort  and arrive back in Medford around  3:00
o   Around 5:30 – Gather  for dinner at The Pointe Pub and Grill at 1345 Center Drive in Medford.   They are within walking distance for those who don’t want to drive and they have let us book all their reservations from 5:30 – 8:00 as long as we all plan to eat and drink with them!  (Well…..yeah!)   
o   
Sunday,  August  4, 2019
o   Individuals have breakfast  at  their respective hotel
o   Gather in the parking lot for concluding statements
o   Gathering concludes in the morning. 

Hotels reservations should be booked directly with each hotel.   Again, please use the booking link since it will help the hotel keep track of who is in our group.
With regards to car participation,  please respond on this thread so we can keep track of the cars (and people)  that are joining us.   Remember, we only have 30 parking spaces - so in order to maintain transparency,  the first 30 vintage cars (1969, 1970 & 1971) that respond to this thread will be accepted  in the order they appear on the thread.   The only exception being that we will hold the first 19 spaces for people who have indicated their participation prior to this formal announcement.  These people have already received PM’s.   We will only hold these 19 spaces until March 17, 2019. 

We’re looking forward to this small “Gathering”  being a lot of fun!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 05:05:38 pm by JohnSlack »

Offline crgjohnson

I will be bringing my 70 B2. Hotel reservation has been done

Craig
70 B2 Medium Blue Metallic Oct/69 Dearborn
09 GT500 performance white, factory stripe delete

Offline hov

• http://1965gt350mustang.com
OK , I am booked at the Holiday Inn Express , thanks Melody, it was so easy, even I could do it !   I am bringing my old high school girl friend (1970 BOSS 302) . I should make it unless Craig takes parts off my car so his will make it down there. Look forward to meeting everyone, so any chance we can talk out in the parking lot after the sun goes down, like we used to?  Well wishful thinking, inside next to the watering hole ( get it ? Mustang talk) will work out fine too. Medford or Bust. Thanks again John and Melody for putting this all together, look forward to seeing Mariah. Rock on Mariah.   Mark Hovander