Author Topic: auto insurance question  (Read 317 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline 6T9BOSS

  • Needs A Job
  • ******
  • Posts: 2,959
auto insurance question
« on: February 13, 2019, 03:10:59 pm »
Hey guys.. We ( my son and I ) just finished up our 1966 Mustang and are looking for some one who will insure the car for collision and theft and not offer $1000 pay out is totaled.. This is a daily driver car and USSA policy will only pay Scrap value if it gets totaled or stolen....  Any ideas??... I dont want to kill my 17 year olds dream car ....
Any help would be appreciated....

Offline crossboss

  • PT Group
  • Needs A Job
  • *****
  • Posts: 6,243
  • ^My Old Heap Boss 302…aka S-B Racing!
Re: auto insurance question
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 05:26:05 pm »
I know AAA offers 'collector/vintage car' policies. Worth a look and see what it involves.
Current lifelong project:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 6 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase headed, intake mounted with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style…Whew!

Offline bgp429

  • No Life
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,058
Re: auto insurance question
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 08:54:37 pm »
State Farm does stated values with an appraisal.

Offline Shaker70

  • Cool Newbie
  • **
  • Posts: 54
Re: auto insurance question
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 08:19:47 am »
I have J.C.Taylor as a classic car ins co.for my 65 mustang 67 cougar and b2. the 65 has 25k coverage all inclusive at a cost of 189.00 per year. The trick in Massachusetts is to register the car under standard ins. then get a classic car policy as they hit you for NADA value Sales tax when you register it for more that standard car value. TAXACHUSETTS!